Notices

Stay sober weekend thread - 4/25-27

Old 04-25-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

We get half sausage, mushroom and onion. The other half is plain cheese for the kids. Opted for meeting and am glad I went. My family was hemming and hawing about what the plans were, whether they were going or not going that I just said enough, to myself, and did what I needed to do.

I'm eating canned soup and waiting for my parents to drop off kids. Forgot to tend to the "H" part in H.A.L.T. and was super crabby. Eating is important and this whole pizza discussion is making me hungrier.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Dang y'all!!! You're making me hungry!!! No cravings for wine tonight but now I want a supreme pizza!!

Just got home for a girls' night at my bosses house. Took my own tonic and cranberry... nobody cared if I was not drinking.

Nite,nite weekenders!!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:50 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning! Up early. Guess I had enough sleep. Will probably lay back down.

Pizza? I think I will make a few of my own tonight they sound so good. I love a good hamburger pizza. Just brown some ground beef and spread ketchup and mustard as a sauce base then sprinkle the beef over and top with shredder cheddar cheese or maybe onions if you like. Amazing taste!
Old 04-26-2014, 02:07 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Morning ,
Hope people got through friday night ok . If you didn't its a new day today and we get another chance to do the right thing when when we have to make that call .

It takes as long as it takes to learn something new, don't give up . Most of us learned to ride a bike or drive a car , most of us have had accidents along the way .. So take heart we're all in this together .

Bestwishes, m
Old 04-26-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good morning! Happy hangover free Saturday! Day 4 here!
Great job gatorgirl with your tonic and cranberry!

Got through my first big "test" last night, and passed....up to jog my way through a 5k lol.

I'll be checking in later...
Old 04-26-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good job Applekat and Gatorgirl . Each test gives us more resilience for the next. And it will get easier over time as new, non-drinking habits form. Happy hangover free Saturday!
Old 04-26-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday morning!!

Run Applekat run!!

Thanks tip tree!!

Wishing everyone a beautiful day!!
Old 04-26-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

The best thing about sobriety is: even if my day isn't anything out of the ordinary it is just great to be sober and feeling that I'm being true to myself and honest with those around me. Day 6 sober.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day4 also here, finally had decent sleep!! Actually had a couple of nice dreams. One involving beer, but I was arguing that I am sober and was refusing to drink. Yikes!

Have a happy Saturday everyone, mine will be simple and relaxing with my 7 year old son.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlcoholFree66 View Post
Here's to day 6 sober and the second day of this long weekend. Got a plan for the day. Wishing all a good Saturday.
Day 6 for me too! Have a great day
Old 04-26-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Slept in, had a nice big cup of coffee with some foo-foo creamer in it. Went to a meeting last night. I have a few mandatory things to do today. But the sun is out, it only poured over night. Was invited to play golf tomorrow morning early.
Have a great sober Saturday!
Old 04-26-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Avra.... That's a lot to take in. Glad you are here and we will support you every step. Check in often.

Purple! Great inspiration!

Good to see you all!
I didnt make it yesterday
The emotion was overwhelming.
Beginning again today.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Was at pregame parade this morning before baseball starts. Overheard one mom lamenting to another "you should have made me leave earlier. Mom was nursing a hangover from the cougarthon fundraiser I mentioned earlier. good reminder why I dont drink. she chose to drink on an empty stmach. time to go from piano lessons where i am now to baseball. lots of moms and dads at game were at fundraiser last night. lots of moms in sunglasses today. hang in there avra. today is a new day. we have all been there before.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

lots of moms in sunglasses today.

LOL.......I feel for them
Old 04-26-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Avra.... I missed the exact mark a thousand times. I lived many months hitting around the target.

This is nothing like an exact science.

Holding myself to exactly what should happen... Should do... Well... Thats not productive either.

Glad to see you! Keep checking in. High or low it matters to see you.

Ken
Old 04-26-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

A big reminder for me - something I had to do...
Trying to remember a login and password for a medical reimbursement site that I used maybe once over the past year. Searched and searched and searched for paperwork hoping I could find login info. Finally found what I needed. Something that would have taken a normal person a few minutes - because they had their stuff together - took me over two hours. For years trying to remember where I put stuff and what file or whatever. Apparently I was a mess. Then figuring out how to process the claim on the website. Scanning documents etc. Doesn't anyone use the phone anymore?
Here's to finally (soon I hope) getting organized and keeping on top of things. I think I'll "celebrate" another small victory with another cup of coffee.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

A rainy and dark day in Vermont but it is sunny and bright in my sober mind as I don't have to live through the nightmare of Saturday mornings that I used to when I was drinking. Partner picking me up soon as we are going with his daughter to look at a condo she is thinking about buying now that the decision made to call off the wedding. My son is coming home from California from his vacation tomorrow and I'll be so happy to have him home!!
Old 04-26-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hey hey! Would love to hear from all our new folks that signed up on Friday!

Drink or no drink come and tell us what this has been like for you. There is a lot of sober experience here that maybe we can offer some tips for the situation you faced or are facing.

We get it.

I am heading to a new BBQ place for dinner. Wish me luck!

Ken
Old 04-26-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Having a bad day but pushing through and reminding myself that drinking won't make it any better.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

So here is a fun and random weekend experience...my husband is a huge collector and pop culture geek. Well, he unpacked HUNDREDS of his laserdiscs that have been collecting dust. We hooked up the player and it still flipping works!!!! Sooooo many good older movies. Basically it's a movie marathon over here! He's been instagramming pics of his favorite discs and is all excited because tons of movie buffs have started following him because of it. He said his new sober hobby is going to be collecting more laserdiscs! I'm really happy to hear that, because my big hobby is crafting and he doesn't get into that AT ALL so it's nice that he's found something fun to do with his spare time