Notices

Stay sober weekend thread - 4/25-27

Old 04-25-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Weekend everyone! Going to hang out at home most of SAT/Sun, have an estimate to do on a storefront Sat evening, (need the work), and going to work around the yard and see if I can get all the crap out of the garage so I can use the garage for something other then a big dumpster! I have made a lifes work of taking everything out and putting it all back in there for years, time to get it open so I can finally paint my pickup truck, the primer is getting ugly since last summer! Have a Great Weekend ! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-25-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Work day almost done! We get to leave early on Fridays!
It is kind of sunny here, although they say thunderstorms are on the way. I got my oil paints out last weekend and now I am little obsessed with that.
I took a chicken out of the freezer, but now I am thinking about pizza on the grill for dinner tomorrow. I will make a batch of soup with the chicken for next week.

What do you want on your pizza?

Old 04-25-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hmm, pizza on the grill is now slated for Sunday. Ilovesleep, I love your user name! Olive, we have a major thunderstorm about to hit, it's dark and it's only 5:32 on the east coast.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Cheese.. lotsa cheese!!
Old 04-25-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Holli View Post
Hmm, pizza on the grill is now slated for Sunday. Ilovesleep, I love your user name! Olive, we have a major thunderstorm about to hit, it's dark and it's only 5:32 on the east coast.
We don't get thunderstorms very often here so I enjoy them when they do pass by. The dog, not so much.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I love anchovies but I'm always overruled
Old 04-25-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

My husband doesn't like them, either. He spent formative years in Florida where the thunderstorms can be fierce and frequent. Personally, I love them!

Edited to add: thunderstorms, not anchovies. :-). I do have a new love for Red Boat fish sauce, but I can't eat actual anchovies yet.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Here's to day 6 sober and the second day of this long weekend. Got a plan for the day. Wishing all a good Saturday.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

It's 4 pm in Alberta. Ok, AV is squirelling in. 4.5 hours until I can hit my old home group meeting. My plan is to finish unpacking, iron, make dinner, shower and run to SR every 10 minutes. I can do this much. I have been away for 6 months, I know a few people waiting with baited breath to take me out for P&P, pee pee's and pooh pooh's. (Drinks and appetizer's). I will tell them sooner or later, that is no longer on the menu plan, perhaps breakfast or brunch won't be such a temptation for me.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

My first sober weekend.... gave away my tickets to Jazz Fest and decided to get back on my exercise regiment, clean, and start packing for my move at the end of next month..... and of course complete my lesson plans for the last 3 1/2 weeks of the school year!!!! Summer break here we come!!!! Whew.... there is actually a lot that can be accomplished when you are not passed out! :-)
Old 04-25-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

We can certainly do this. Sitting on train waiting to depart. Lots of things to choose from to do. dinner with family for SIL's birthday? meeting? family not too organized right now. parents have my kids but arent sure whats up since sil didnt want company. it is her birthday.
hang in for the ride!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shalette View Post
My first sober weekend.... gave away my tickets to Jazz Fest and decided to get back on my exercise regiment, clean, and start packing for my move at the end of next month..... and of course complete my lesson plans for the last 3 1/2 weeks of the school year!!!! Summer break here we come!!!! Whew.... there is actually a lot that can be accomplished when you are not passed out! :-)
Great move. Got some suggestions for getting out of SILs party tomorrow? She wants to show off some home improvements, plus there are two celebratory birthdays, the 0's, one being my husband's. I just have to go. It will be hard.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I'm over at my daughter's house babysitting and the dog is in an extra-playful mood. I love that animal!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiptree View Post
I love anchovies but I'm always overruled
Ah the saltiness just does something amazing to a pizza!! . . . do you guys have a half and half option for toppings on pizzas where your from?!!

Boom!! . . . Everyone is happy!!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

The H won't eat a pizza if an anchovy even touched it ( he is persnickety that way )
Old 04-25-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Yes! All the pizza places in Northern VA offer the half and half option!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiptree View Post
The H won't eat a pizza if an anchovy even touched it ( he is persnickety that way )
He's a tough cookie!! . . . fall back option is gonna have to be 2 individual pizzas, it pains me to say it as a large shared pizza is awesome!!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I hear you. Half and half works for some things in my household, but not onions. They're always careless with the onions and drop one or two on MY side of the pizza. I detest onions! I try to pick them off, but just the touch of them taints the whole thing! Once an onion touches a thing, that thing forever tastes like onion!

Anchovies I like, but I am VERY persnickety about onions!
Old 04-25-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I love onions on my pizza but guess who doesn't? We've settled on sausage and mushroom and occasionally we order a white pizza with lots of fresh garlic.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Funny, I love garlic, but hate onions!