Notices

Give a little, take a little - sober weekend 3/14-16

Old 03-14-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Heading to lay in bed. Very tired from a long day of doing nothing but never being board. Love my sobriety!

*Ring Ring*
Old 03-14-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Bring on Saturday. . . hope we're doing alright Sober Weekenders!!

Old 03-14-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Sleep well Ken, I fell asleep so early last night and it felt so good to sleep all night long.

Ringing in for the weekend. Wishing everyone the best and the best of being sober!

Aly xxoo
Old 03-14-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

It's gonna be a great weekend!
Old 03-14-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Ring ring...... Love it!!!!

Old 03-14-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Phew!
The week is done. My weekend now begins.

Stopped by the store on my way home, picked up all the necessities for some slow cooking and cookie baking. Also picked up some little pots and dirt so I can begin planting seeds to then later plant in my garden patch.
Seriously thinking about giving HBO a try as I really want to see True Detectives, and other HBO offerings. I just can't seem to justify the expense right now.

Ok, just talked myself out of it. There are plenty of other television programs to be watched.
I hope everyone is doing well!

Old 03-14-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Ring! Ring! I'm in. I haven't been on this thread as much as I used to because frankly at almost six months sober, even the weekends were getting easier for me. The AV has reared it's ugly head again though in the last couple of days and I have an annual girls' weekend coming up next weekend and then a week at my heavy drinking parents' house, so I am realizing I need to amp up my support.

So, newbies, I practically lived on SR in the beginning of my sobriety. I signed on to this weekend thread every weekend for at least three months and any time I feel some weakness, I come back before that weakness turns into a monster.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

You have TWO dragons?!? Lucky!

I understand about going to the parents. My parents aren't hard drinkers, but the thought of flying sober is giving me concern for when I next go see them. That won't be until the summer, but I'm worried.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I'm in! I've been sober almost 4 months, but weekends are still a challenge! Have a great, sober weekend all!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by waterscapes View Post
Hi everyone! I'm in! I've been sober almost 4 months, but weekends are still a challenge! Have a great, sober weekend all!
Congrats on 4 months!

I have a feeling I'm going to struggle with weekends for a while also.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks Aarryckha! Last year at this time I would probably be on my 2nd bottle of wine by now on a Friday night...tonight I'm having a bowl of rainbow sherbet! LOL.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by waterscapes View Post
Thanks Aarryckha! Last year at this time I would probably be on my 2nd bottle of wine by now on a Friday night...tonight I'm having a bowl of rainbow sherbet! LOL.
Before I got sober, by this time on a Friday night, I'd be lucky if I was still coherent or conscious. I don't miss it. I'd rather be here.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

One of my biggest challenges for the weekend is that on Friday nights, I have to give myself a self-injectable, and it hurts! I would get drunk, so I didn't notice the pain. (Note to self: Did you really think it was wise to give yourself an injection hammered?) Of course, I would then spend the whole weekend plastered. I haven't done the injection yet tonight. Any suggestions/encouragement? Thank you!
Old 03-14-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend. I went to a meeting tonight with my husband and then went to pick up the kids from my parents house. Both of them were exhausted and my daughter melted down in the back seat on the ten minute trip home. It seemed like twice that long. Then she wouldn't go to sleep. Gack!

So, the meeting was good. Gave me a bunch to think about. But I am not going to think about anything but going to bed now. I've been up really, really late the past three nights and want to get some rest as I have a ton to do tomorrow. Sunday is out of the question because I am leaving my house because the annual st. Patrick's day parade ends two blocks from me. My street is cordoned off and parking vanishes completely. Not to mention the drunken antics of the parade watchers as they leave to go home.

Good night all. Here I raise my decaf coffee in a sober toast to a sober weekend!!
Old 03-14-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Natalie17 View Post
One of my biggest challenges for the weekend is that on Friday nights, I have to give myself a self-injectable, and it hurts! I would get drunk, so I didn't notice the pain. (Note to self: Did you really think it was wise to give yourself an injection hammered?) Of course, I would then spend the whole weekend plastered. I haven't done the injection yet tonight. Any suggestions/encouragement? Thank you!
Just do it quick and get it over with. You can do it!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

OK. That's done and with nothing more more mind altering than a cup of Tension Tamer tea. Phew!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:03 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

You might find it less painful not doing it when your drunk Natalie ..

Sounds like you braved it out and stared down the demon , hurrah for you , you can do it sober

Everyone ,
6 am saturday morning here another friday done and dusted , It's real nice to wake up sober , i try real hard to never forget the non-sober experience , staying close to the newcomers helps remind me , Thanks newcomers for helping this now sober old drinker

I feel strange today , the feeling i have is excitement to go to work on monday as i've got lots of interesting stuff to do . but i have a whole nice Sat and sunday to enjoy first .

When you first start the weekends can drag and seem to take forever , nowadays it's a blur . Keep on y'all, in my small experience attaining and maintaining sobriety has been very worthwhile ..

Good morning to you , m
Old 03-14-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Good morning, mechanix! Glad you're having a good morning!

I'm looking forward to, well, looking forward to things. I can't wait for my life to get back to some kind of normal. I used to never be home or bored.

Great to have you with us!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

You know what is great about sobriety? I had to actually plan fun and interesting things to do this weekend to replace getting drunk, which, frankly, is not fun or interesting. Best to all!
Old 03-15-2014, 03:05 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good Morning weekend of sobriety. I hope you all have a great weekend. Like Holli said, getting drunk is not fun or interesting at all. Been there done that, and it's always the same. I know that it may not be a fun packed weekend but it sure beats the alternative.