Notices

Give a little, take a little - sober weekend 3/14-16

Old 03-15-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Had a sober Friday, so I'm already started.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Happy sober Weekend everyone..
Old 03-15-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Holli, JM, Sophie.... Good to see you all. Glad you are with us for this sober weekend.

DD!!! So darn good to see you. That may be selfish since you are here for a tune up but none the less thanks for joining in and offering your advice. Glad you are still hanging strong!

Morning M.

My first sober weekend was about two years back now. It was an island. I mean I stayed sober one weekend but could not sustain yet. So I had this thought in my head about what that wonderful feeling was like. I wanted it back but just could not stop being falling down drunk on Friday nights. Then I had a Saturday or two.

Free Fall here even posted for me one weekend. She asked everyone to support me in getting though a sober Sunday. My worst day. To be honest that's where the sober weekend thread was born. Much later I was able to string them together. Took effort and practice to feel those ungodly uncomfortable feelings. But here I am. I am not any different than anyone else. So as they say.... If I can you can.

I have a fitbit and finished a very busy day yesterday with almost 8 miles and over 15k steps. Yeah me!

Shooting to beat that today.

K
Old 03-15-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Made it through Friday sober and am trying to plan for a sober Saturday. I've been waking up SO early these days and then I'm exhausted very early for bed. I think my sleep is making periodic adjustments. When I first got sober I was lucky to get an hour or two, thankfully I am sleeping!

I used to have to give my horses shots and I found the faster I got it done and over, the better. Best of luck for next Friday, sounds like you did really well.

Have a great rest of the weekend. Can't wait to hear what everyone is cooking and doing.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

I just thought I would jump into the weekend thread. Last night was tough for me, even 6 months in I am still learning new skills and working on healthier habits and ways of coping with life. I have plenty of things to do this weekend both fun and not. I am hoping to find the energy and motivation to do them while keeping any cravings at bay. Glad to see you all here. If this is your first weekend stay strong and take care of yourself. You got this!
Old 03-15-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Ok.... I have a mission today. Going to put together a terrarium with cacti today. I have a large table that needs something. And a fun project for a Saturday.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I love cacti! I just saw a bunch of prizewinners at the Phila. Garden Show a couple of weeks ago. I was shocked when we acquired some property in the Blue Ridge mts. of VA--it is covered with cactus! Who knew it grew in the east? Apparently it's all over that area. No idea how it got there!
Old 03-15-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I ended up drinking last night but rather than calling the rest of the weekend a wash, I really want to stay sober today and tomorrow. Mind if I join in part way through?
Old 03-15-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Sure, that's great, HopefulYogi! Today starts now!
Old 03-15-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

HopefulYogi! Please do join us. This thread is about quitters when ever that happens.

What do you have planned for the rest of the weekend that might help? I know the day after for me were filled with emotions.

Glad you are here. Keep us posted.

Ken
Old 03-15-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I am currently doing yoga teacher training so I have that most of the day today. I'm supposed to go out with a friend for St. Patty's tonight and trying to figure out how to tell her I can't without lying to her. I should go to a meeting tonight so that is what I am trying to do instead.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Halfway through! Had a quiet night with the fam last night, no temptation. Busy day today of projects and workouts. Wife and I have plans with another couple tonight. I'm not too worried, my wife is supporting me in this and I'll just be the DD.

Good work so far this weekend everyone!
Old 03-15-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

For my second Friday night sober I was surprised how easy it was.

After I got home from work and made a nice dinner for my wife and myself. Then I researched and made some pizza dough which is now proofing in the fridge for Sunday dinner.

Spent the rest of the evening working on my Arduino project. It is so absorbing that before I knew it, it was bedtime. The few cups of Tension Tamer tea let me go right to sleep.

Busy day planned for today also. In my old life I would be sipping Grand Marnier by now on my way to being wasted by noon. Instead I plan to ride my bicycle about 10 miles if the weather warms up a bit.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
Made it through Friday sober and am trying to plan for a sober Saturday. I've been waking up SO early these days and then I'm exhausted very early for bed. I think my sleep is making periodic adjustments. When I first got sober I was lucky to get an hour or two, thankfully I am sleeping!

I used to have to give my horses shots and I found the faster I got it done and over, the better. Best of luck for next Friday, sounds like you did really well.

Have a great rest of the weekend. Can't wait to hear what everyone is cooking and doing.
Isn't sleeping wonderful now? After those first few days, I am so happy to go to bed, then wake up feeling wonderful!

As to the shots, it's just hard to give them to yourself. I think next week, I'm going to ask my husband to do it. Oh! last night he said to me, "You can come back to our bed if you want. I'm not angry anymore." I'm so happy!

Old 03-15-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Sober Saturday going on here. Just put together a beef stew in the crock pot that should be ready in time for the hockey game. Planning on baking a cake and chocolate frosting just because. This is big for me considering I. do. not. cook. Cleaning on the agenda for tomorrow as it get's cold again for a stretch so I won't be outside. I'm really really sick of the snow and cold. But I'm not going to drink over it
Old 03-15-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Happy Saturday everybody!

It's been a pretty good day, I must say. I got to hang out with friends for a while, I think the sun might be coming out!

Sounds like you guys have some pretty good plans!
Old 03-15-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I just had an epiphany sitting here: my day has been pretty typical just minus wine and it's OK! Life goes on even without alcohol!!!!!
Old 03-15-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Holli View Post
I just had an epiphany sitting here: my day has been pretty typical just minus wine and it's OK! Life goes on even without alcohol!!!!!
And doesn't it feel great?
Old 03-15-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Busy day. Glad to be sober. Hope you are all doing well and having a splendid day!
Old 03-15-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone!
Just checking in to see how everyone is this sober Saturday.
I have been watching the BBC "Sherlock" on Netflix.
All day.
So good.
Hope everyone is doing well!!!