Notices

Da! Winning! Weekend thread feb 28 - mar 3!

Old 02-28-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm in! Just hit six months last week, but feeling some major triggers today. It's Friday before Spring Break and also Mardi Gras. And it's finally sunny and warmer. On the drive home from work, I thought about 'a beer' but then played the tape. It would end in a bottle or more of wine after the beer, depression and anxiety, and a hangover from hell tomorrow. So none for me, thanks! I'm going to hang with the cool kids instead.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I'm in. I had a rough night last nigt-no sleep, but I'm okay. My plan for the weekend? Not drink.
Have a good one!
Old 02-28-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Peep soup, eh? Not my cup of tea. I will put something in the slow cooker though. I bought a pork shoulder that was really inexpensive so I couldn't pass it by.

Feeling ready to drop with exhaustion but I have a number of hours before even thinking of going to bed since I have to get the kids into theirs first. That is the hard part.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm in...as in literally snowed in.

It's so cold out that walking out to pick up the mail is like a mission to repair a satellite in outer space. Won't be going anywhere soon...
Old 02-28-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm in.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Heading to bed! Sober morning ahead! Yeah!
Old 02-28-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

I'm carrying the bells around, doing the happy friday dance! 'Heavy Medal' chip meeting is tonight and I am getting my 18 month precious bauble! *****!!

Stay Strong weekenders and keep your DETERMINATION fully charged!

Old 02-28-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Super congrats hope!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the moment! Well earned!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Looking forward to making it through a second weekend sober. Day 13 was good. I'm feeling more confident and extroverted. When I binge drink every weekend, I tend to become very self-conscious and introverted during the week when I'm sober. On previous stints of sobriety, I've noticed the same improvement.

The weekend is still tough since I'm accustomed to going out and getting drunk on Friday and/or Saturday nights which gave me something to look forward to during the week.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Welcome Brent. Keep going strong! Check in often here. Tell us how this weekend is going for you and maybe what you are doing to help yourself through the tough spots.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm in! Day 6. I had 3 weeks sober, slipped last Saturday, and recommitted to sobriety on Sunday. This is my fourth weekend attempting sobriety. The first weekend that I don't have a full calendar of events. I don't know if that will make it easier or harder to be sober.

Tonight I followed through on my plan to cook dinner for my family and bake brownies after work. I even cleaned the dishes. I can't remember the last time that the dishes didn't sit because I was already 3 glasses of wine in by the time dinner was ready.

My husband has a fire going. He and the kids put in a movie and after the kids go to bed I am going to drink herbal chai and read a magazine cover to cover. My husband is a good guy, but a heavy drinker, and is drinking tonight. I decided that if his drinking becomes triggering for me, I'll take off to Starbucks with my magazine, and come back home when I'm ready to go to bed. So far I'm not triggered, but I don't take anything for granted about my sobriety.

I have a hair appointment tomorrow morning. When I made the appointment I could pick any time, but I picked 10:00 so I would be less hungover. Instead of wasting my morning sleeping off a hangover, I get to enjoy that snuggly Saturday morning in bed feeling referenced to upthread, workout, drink my coffee, and check in on SR. I'm excited for that peaceful, productive plan tomorrow morning - just like I used to be excited to uncork the wine bottle.

Here's to a joyful weekend for all of us!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Well, it is eleven p.m. My 8 year old just went into his room for bed. He is so hard to get to bed. I got sidetracked researching something and didn't pay attention to the time. My fault. And now he wants his usual half hour of Harry potter. He is not getting to sleep at midnight. It didn't help that my husband was already in bed, sound asleep when I got home with the kids at seven thirty.

I had the most glamorous evening. Cleaning the grout in the bathroom floor. Ugh. My bathroom is fab fifties...original to the house complete with pink sink and tub, sea foam green plastic tiles on one wall and a different shade of sea foam green ceramic or porcelain tile on the floor. Whomever decorated the house when it was built must have been color blind. I've never properly cleaned the grout before so it is wretched. I should just gut the w hole thing but I've actually become fond of it. The kitchen on the other hand. Inexpensive pine cabinets from the fifties don't last forever.

And I'm now meandering and probably boring people so I will be off to bed. Sober.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Sober weekends are the best b/c it feels so good to wake up on a saturday or sunday morning and feel well-rested and happy and the day is anything you want it to be. Sober weekend for me and March 5th will be 8 months
Old 02-28-2014, 10:06 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Good morning maintainers and attainers

a sober morning , keep thinking about the job i quit and how wonderful it is that the phone isn't going to ring . . , ,

Dunno what today holds … take mum round the supermarket which can be a dithery and indecisive affair , ( i go and have a look at the book section if it gets too boring ) .

Tidying up to do later am going to try and organise my life a bit more . Simplify and streamline .

Bestwishes, m
Old 03-01-2014, 01:24 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

After a fairly good 2-week run of sleep, this old insomniac is back! Slept about 4 hours. Blechk! I think I'll putter around the interwebs for about an hour and then try for a re-rack.

Back in the day this was an excuse to drink. So glad that isn't the case now!
Old 03-01-2014, 02:56 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Up my normal time. Cat all taken care of. Brent got his needle. He's diabetic. Off to the gym for a good walk run on the mill.

Then home to see what I can make of today.

Been going to the chiropractor and I cannot tell if he helps or hurts. Snap crackle pop goes things that I thought should not make noises. And at was just this morning!

See you all on the other side!

Ken
Old 03-01-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hope4 tell us all about it! Heavy metal chip day!
Old 03-01-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good morning Weasey and company...Bacon for all...we have another big snowstorm coming tomorrow, sigh I am sick of it.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:21 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi all - My dog insisted that I get up much too early this morning and let her out. Back in bed now for an hour then on my way to volunteer work with historical society. Happy March 1st to all, spring only a few weeks away. Got another snow storm coming tomorrow night. Oh well, March comes in like an advark and leaves like a wildebeest ( old SNL skit with Belushi). Happy sober weekend!
Old 03-01-2014, 03:22 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I made it through Friday night. I went to bed early. Not inspiring but it worked. No hangover today. Grateful for that.

Gleefan- that is a great idea to go out for coffee when your husband is drinking. I am going to try that. I am boycotting Starbucks tho due to their tax avoidance in uk. Will go to costa instead!