Notices

Da! Winning! Weekend thread feb 28 - mar 3!

Old 02-28-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm in, too. Many triggers this weekend, especially today.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

I'm in. Have plans to bake and have tea with friend instead of drinking tomorrow night.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I will start my sober weekend with the next 24 hours. 2 days today. I will hopefully do something productive around the house, but if I don't and I stay sober...that is the best weekend I could be blessed with.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey trickyDave... I have a lot this weekend as well. Stay strong! Make a plan.

A few new folks to both SR and the weekender thread! Welcome!

This is a great positive spot to share anything that comes along on the weekend. Maybe get ideas for something to do or speak up if you need a boost!

Reminder that if you have some troubles where you need immediate help or support post a new thread in the main forum. Sometimes long thread like this can miss things unintentionally.

Ken
Old 02-28-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm inspired!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm in!!! Day 10 here happy Friday everyone! It's raining here so not sure what the weekend is going to bring but I'll start planning for something productive.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I have to share... Personally I have a lot of anxiety about this weekend. In two hours I get out of work and have nothing and no one to answer to until Monday morning.

I always seem to find something to cook. A Place to go. But it's been a while being this free and I need to be aware going into it.

So I will be here often. The thought of giving away my freedom to drinking just does not seem possible but things can change in an unchecked moment.

So I will leave non unchecked!

Thanks for being there!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Thank you for your week end service Ken **{hugs}} I just recommended this thread to a newcomer so I thought I might as well hop in.
I have thankfully no desire to drink but I have been in a lot of pain this week and my arthritis is really giving me a beating. Woke up with locked knees and could not move for a few minutes, scary but thankfully I was not hangover and was able to get myself moving carefully.
I am not posting this to get sympathy but simply because for some of us, physical pain can be a trigger too. I chose not to take anything stronger than ibuprofen 800.
My choice and in my book a little discomfort is well worth not falling back into the pit of black despair that is addiction.
On a positive note, it is sunny outside ...yeah!!!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
SeaScape

I'm in! Lots of coffee and tea here as it's pouring -thankfully.

Hope you feel better Carlotta -

I have to face this paper I'm writing - it's a big one. Trying to look at it as an opportunity to improve myself. Plan to do yoga tonight at 5. It's really helping me to work out during happy hour!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders!

I am in. Grateful that today is Friday. Have had a spectacularly difficult week at work and I am looking forward to today being done and purging all thoughts of my workplace from my head.
Gonna be doing some art and some cooking, perhaps take the dog for a long walk. Catch up on some television.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I would not recommend this. I typically cause all manner of trouble if left unchecked.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I have to share... Personally I have a lot of anxiety about this weekend. In two hours I get out of work and have nothing and no one to answer to until Monday morning.

I always seem to find something to cook. A Place to go. But it's been a while being this free and I need to be aware going into it.

So I will be here often. The thought of giving away my freedom to drinking just does not seem possible but things can change in an unchecked moment.

Thanks for being there!
When I'm faced with lots of personal time, that's when I start thinking 'oh plenty of time to drink and recover' I'm in the same boat!
Old 02-28-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm in and I'll stick with the winners

Carlotta"...I have thankfully no desire to drink but I have been in a lot of pain this week..."

I can identify with that, I don't have arthritis but I fell in my driveway last Thursday on the ice and fell so hard I knocked the breath out of me and wasn't able to breathe for a few minutes, I landed on my ribs. And now it's been a week and a day and although there's been lots of improvement in my physical recovery, I'm still in some pain. Not looking for sympathy either but just showing it's not something to drink over; I've been through more pain (emotional) and didn't drink.

As far as a plan this weekend? I work 7days a week, so I keep busy. But I hit a meeting where-ever and when-ever I can. It does keep it fresh.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I have 8 weeks and things have got easier overall, but I have found the weekends to be hard. I have daytime plans but nothing for the evenings. Started feeling wobbly today but this thread has given me an incentive boost.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Evening all ,
just gone 7 pm in the UK … just quit my job today , start a new one a week on monday .
Am home tonight and i'm going to drink some tea and watch some comedy films and family guy later tonight if i stay up that late …
Going to bed early is great sober because sober saturday mornings are just so snuggly and nice A day without a hangover in the morning is a day filled with great potential even if we choose not to do anything much .

When i lived in the countryside i used to like to walk round my garden in the morning , even if it was raining . just because the day smelled so fresh and clean .

I hope you all enjoy a new morning sober ,

Bestwishes, m
Old 02-28-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Taco night!
Old 02-28-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I have no idea what I will be cooking this weekend. Winter is almost done, so the lovely warmth of slow cooking will soon be replaced with grilling, I suppose.
I just got braces on my teeth last week (in my 50's with braces. )and I am having a hard time eating anything besides mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs and peeps. But I want to slow cook something...I love having all the leftovers for the following week.
Soup, perhaps.
Peeps soup.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hang in there olive. Peeps? That's kinda funny. Yellow or pink?
Old 02-28-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hang in there olive. Peeps? That's kinda funny. Yellow or pink?
Pink and/or blue. The bunny style.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

10.30 in the uk and going to bed....8 mile run this afternoon and then an indian........lamb vindaloo.....crap telly and some cranberry juice....good luck for tomorrow everyone.