Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekenders come join in the weekend thread 8th 9th &10th of november 2013

Notices

weekenders come join in the weekend thread 8th 9th &10th of november 2013

Old 11-10-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InsaneHeart View Post
Dinner was a success! Nobody drank and we had a great time playing Apples to Apples, laughing like crazy. I was worried no one would have fun without alcohol present, SO glad I was wrong.
The last time I played Apples to Apples my side hurt. Such a good game! I'm glad to hear you had a good time without having to drink

I've had a cold here most of the weekend but I'm happy to say I made it through sober.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders,
Checking in. Was a very busy weekend for me. Not much time to hang out. Busy is good for me and keeps me out of trouble. Saw my baby nephew tonight. Hung out with family. Was a good evening and a totally sober weekend. Thank you to all posters. I read every post and they always inspire me.

Peace,
Cas
Old 11-10-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Made it through a rough weekend. Said NO to a few social functions which I felt could be triggers for me.
Feeling a bit frustrated in general so I know to be extra careful during times like this...

So thankful to be SOBER and tomorrow is a brand new day
Old 11-10-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Well done Shay
Old 11-10-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shay17 View Post
Made it through a rough weekend. Said NO to a few social functions which I felt could be triggers for me.
Feeling a bit frustrated in general so I know to be extra careful during times like this...

So thankful to be SOBER and tomorrow is a brand new day
Good for you! That's so smart of you to say no to those social functions you feel may trigger you to make difficult decisions! I admire that! I haven't yet had to go through that hurdle!
Old 11-10-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Skye2 View Post
Hi Chaili I didn't realise there were SO many time zones in the US. WOW - must get confusing, though I guess you're all used to it
Hang in there for the holiday - we had one a few weeks back and we all kept this thread going through it. I'm off today, so happy to chirp in if it helps (4.30am Monday here) Xx
woah, you're up early! Thanks for the support! I just worked out a little to get my mind off things and to hopefully get my body relaxed to get into bed!
Old 11-10-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chaili05 View Post
woah, you're up early! Thanks for the support! I just worked out a little to get my mind off things and to hopefully get my body relaxed to get into bed!
I had a migraine at 6.30 last night and dozed off - so was awake at 4.30
Old 11-10-2013, 11:03 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Made it. Today was tough. I worked all weekend and my ex works at the same place, which has been constantly difficult for me. But today she had to bring her daughter, who I passed in the hallway. Hadn't seen her in a few years. But seeing this little girl again after being so close to being one of her caretakers was very hard. I wish my relationship with her Mom had never gone far enough to meet her daughter. I went on a long walk and just wanted to cry. When I returned I was ready to go home and sulk, unsure how to handle myself. But another worker in my department showed up and we played teamwork for the rest of day. Just the focus, I needed at that moment, though I'm now feeling sad trying to go to sleep. Sad but not worth giving up sobriety.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:35 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Monday in blighty,
keep on rolling along on the thread by all means you can see i type the most mundane of stuff so you can too if you just want to reach out . sometimes it's nice to say something to check in with SR and it's people without saying anything much at all, and it's something different to read …

same bat place , same bat time , next week bat fans

m