Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekenders come join in the weekend thread 8th 9th &10th of november 2013

Notices

weekenders come join in the weekend thread 8th 9th &10th of november 2013

Old 11-10-2013, 02:27 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi all Made it to 4 weeks and am so full of food (had a very early dinner, followed by icecream). Getting used to sober weekends now - they last a LOT longer than drunk ones - have you noticed?
Hope you're all well. Cold here, but suns just come out which cheers things up a bit.
Off for a long soak in the bath and some lazy TV watching Xx
Old 11-10-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Skye ,
don't worry they get shorter and shorter the more sober time you clock up until they seem nearly as short as they used to , but they are a lot more restful .

Hey everyone ,

Sober Sunday here , no calls coffee on the go … trying better my circumstances job wise this last few weeks .
Just getting through one day at a time and seeing where i am with it . I have ideas about what i'd like in my future but we all know what the universe is like . I'm casting my net's out there and seeing what catches . Head down , ears open , mind sharp .

With any luck i'll be able to ride the waves of change and the tides of life somewhere good whatever happens it's certainly better than drinking my life away , i just wish i'd done it 10 years ago . I guess we just got to do what we can, when we can . Today , now it's 11 am in the UK remembrance Sunday , carpe diem my dear friends .

m
Old 11-10-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Sober Sunday morning here in Vermont. I was driving late last night to pick up my son at his girlfriends reflecting on how nuts it was to be driving the back roads of VT as drunk as I always was. It's amazing I only wrapped myself around a tree once; at least I was smart enough to never have anyone else in the car. Planning on giving this place a good clean today as well as to crack in to a new book I have from the library on neuroscience...just love that brain-related research. I was feeling like I should be doing something more productive today but I realize that I spent the past 8 years drinking my weekends away so how do I know, anyway, what I should or should not be doing on the weekend?! Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing on this fine day
Old 11-10-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Happy to be here for a sober Sunday morning! I am over half done my assignment and I am feeling good about that. Drinking coffee and enjoying life. It feels good to be able to meet my responsibilities, no matter how overwhelming they can seem sometimes.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

The smell of fresh herb and garlic with the veggies... Short ribs roasting... Then put them together and BAM! Sober deliciousness!

Stay strong this afternoon!

Ken
Old 11-10-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Ken, your cooking sounds fabulous, all the cooking on here. I may break down and cook something too. I am ringing in with a cup of tea and milk watching some football trying to let go of some of the stress and stay sober for the rest of the weekend. So glad you're all here.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Another successfully weekend and thanks again for this thread mecaxix Xx
I'm signing out early as have the dreaded pre-migraine zig zag flashes - never get much in the way of a headache with the migraine, just these stupid things for half an hour. Could be worse
Catch you all either later this evening or in morning (depending on if I doze off or not)

hugs to all Xxxxxxxx
Old 11-10-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Alysheba... Good for you! Cooking is the only thing that I find relaxing and that lasts a while while in the heart of drinking time. It doesn't always task good...lol but that's not the goal.

This time I think I do have a winner!

Glad you are with us!

K
Old 11-10-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Skye2 View Post
I'm signing out early as have the dreaded pre-migraine zig zag flashes - never get much in the way of a headache with the migraine, just these stupid things for half an hour.
I get those. Drives me nuts. Can't see for at least 30 minutes after they start.
:|
Old 11-10-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Yes!! I am finished my assignment at last! Woohoo! Time to enjoy the last few hours of the weekend. Going to just relax, take a shower, do some laundry, and tidy things up around here.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Gearing up for hosting dinner tonight. First time doing it without a hangover
Old 11-10-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey there ,
just got back from a call for the last 4 hours … right when i was making my dinner !
I'll be glad when i'm no longer on stand-by or am reasonably recompensed for the disruption it causes ..

Nice to see you all doing it , keep on , not to far to go now

cheers , m
Old 11-10-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Random crying jags set in this afternoon totally out of the blue. I have learned enough about recovery to know that this is part of some bigger process. At least they were healing tears rather then tears of guilt or remorse from a drinking episode. Ah....such a journey this recovery stuff is.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

It's Monday here and another sober weekend done ! Thanks to all !!
Old 11-10-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I am about ready to go to bed. Closing out my sixth sober weekend (43 days sober). One of the people on my October 2013 thread, says that in 42 days your liver can rejuvenate itself (one of the few organs in our bodies that can rejuvenate/recreate). So, I am entering next week with a new refreshed liver!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Made it thru another weekend! I couldn't be happier, I feel so blessed to be living my life healthy and sober again.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
I get those. Drives me nuts. Can't see for at least 30 minutes after they start.
:|
Irritating aren't they - sorry you get them too I ended up falling asleep and slept for 10 hours! Can't believe it.
Happy Monday everyone and well done for the weekend
Old 11-10-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Dinner was a success! Nobody drank and we had a great time playing Apples to Apples, laughing like crazy. I was worried no one would have fun without alcohol present, SO glad I was wrong.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InsaneHeart View Post
Dinner was a success! Nobody drank and we had a great time playing Apples to Apples, laughing like crazy. I was worried no one would have fun without alcohol present, SO glad I was wrong.
That's awesome!

I still have some weekend left... 8:15pm Sunday night here... and tomorrow is a holiday... while normally I would be excited, this early in recovery it feels too "weekend-ish" for me lol.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi Chaili I didn't realise there were SO many time zones in the US. WOW - must get confusing, though I guess you're all used to it
Hang in there for the holiday - we had one a few weeks back and we all kept this thread going through it. I'm off today, so happy to chirp in if it helps (4.30am Monday here) Xx