Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekenders come join in the weekend thread 8th 9th &10th of november 2013

Notices

weekenders come join in the weekend thread 8th 9th &10th of november 2013

Old 11-08-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
SeaScape

I'm going to "Go outside and play." that's what my mom told me to do when I was a kid and I want to feel like a kid again. Day 26 I'm really thankful
Old 11-08-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

i'm in - i really feel like drinking. arrrgggh. stinks, feel like i am losing my grip.

anyway - i'm here, sober, white knuckles and all

thanks everybody! this site, has stopped me more times than i want to admit.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hang in happyhour! I'm feeling a bit off too, but I am committed to staying sober. Not necessarily committing to not killing someone (joking of course) but I am committing to staying sober this weekend. It feels harder when some of the people in my life are miserable and not supportive but I won't turn my power over to anyone or let anyone to dictate whether I remain sober or not. There are sabateurs (sic) out there. Recognizing them and not turning my decisions to them is imperative! So on that note, have a great Friday everyone! I'm staying sober no matter what!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

thanks alysheba, i appreciate the message and support - i think i am just being a spoiled brat, i wanna drink because i wanna drink...meh.

bet it is going to be beautiful in SF this weekend! enjoy!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend! After the week I had in Vegas avoiding drinking the urge is strong tonight but I will not give in. I came home and got right on here. I know doing so kept me from drinking. Thanks all!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi all! My birthday is Sunday and this year I'm giving myself the gift of Sobriety! I will be hanging out here a lot this weekend...reading, posting and playing in the arcade. Looking forward to a sober weekend with you all!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Happy early birthday, Linda!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thanks ZeldaFan! Like you, I know that coming to SR keeps me sober. I check in daily. Somehow, it helps to know that I'm not alone in the struggle to stay sober.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone.
This weekend will be filled with a little school work, rest, maybe a long walk, cooking, and enjoying the days off of work. I have 8 months sans alcohol today. However, the real treat is seeing that I have raised my grade from a C to a high B. Ya me! I was worried there for a bit.
It is nice to see that my life has taken on a focus of education and wholesome living. I love this, truly love it. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Signing myself up for a sober weekend. I'm in the middle of a craving right now and the only things that's keeping from the store is this website. Ugh. I hope I can do this.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SunriseSky View Post
Signing myself up for a sober weekend. I'm in the middle of a craving right now and the only things that's keeping from the store is this website. Ugh. I hope I can do this.
I was the same during Friday evening here (it's 4.30am Saturday now). I took myself off for a hot bubble bath including face treatment, made a hot chocolate, put on a fluffy dressing gown and climbed into bed with a hot water bottle It really helps Xx
Old 11-08-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Count me in. Unburdened by work, liberated from drunkenness, and free of hangovers....weekends are brilliant.

Reading thru the posts about Australia I'd like to add that living in New Zealand is at the top of my bucket list.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'm definitely up for the sober weekend. Been home for eight days now off work. Back to work tomorrow, the bizarre schedule that I keep.
Found three Bud Lights (bottles) in the back of the fridge today earlier. Felt totally crazy throwing them in the garbage!
Happy weekend to all!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Great Job SnowDawg on the garbage toss. Very strong. To the others, keep it up. This is already feeling like the longest weekend ever, my mind won't be quiet. But I'm reminding myself, "just today." And I feel good about the effort I giving.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I made it thru another Friday night. Stocked up on sleepytime tea and bought my very own Christmas hand towels! I am learning how to enjoy this new sober lifestyle.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm in! This is my 7th sober weekend, I think. They keep getting easier and easier.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I'm in for another sober weekend. This one is gonna be tough. For some reason around the 30- something day mark (today at day 34) my will gets weaker even though I feel strong 95% of the time, it's that one quick 5% decision that always throws me off the balance beam.

Just because I think about a drink doesn't mean it ever has to be a reality. I want it to stay that way...
Old 11-08-2013, 10:12 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Shay - hang in there I'm exactly the same with the 'curse of the 30 day mark'. It caught me out twice this year, but not this time, i'm aware of it and determined.
We can do this!!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Im in for a sober weekend. I have 11 months tomorrow. Looks like coffee a blanket and some movies for me this weekend.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:19 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks Skye

I think maybe around 30 days we start to forget how awful the last time we drank really was. I keep reminding myself that it was ONLY 37 days ago that I was certain death was imminent for me.

I made a promise to myself to live life to the fullest and make a definitive life change. Why would I ever consider screwing it up - not taking even the first sip is the only way to detour from hell on earth.

Here's to a sober weekend for all of us !