Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekenders come join in the weekend thread 8th 9th &10th of november 2013

Notices

Old 11-07-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey y'all ,
It's only me . Another weekend is upon us.

Today is friday , my first day of stand-by … I used to know i was in trouble when i started drinking occasionally when i was meant to be ready for a call out . The job hunt and networking progresses slowly , but i know i'm worth a decent amount to someone out there .

So lets show the newbies what a sober weekend looks and feels like those of us with some time , Let's give people something to read .
Newbies post to get involved . If your struggling to get through the weekend we all know what it's like , come join us tell us how you plan to deal with the up's, downs and wild ride it is at the beginning of recovery

Let's get this show on the road *ring ring*

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-07-2013, 10:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Checking in! Wonderful sober weekend ahead. A bit chilly here in Kentucky
Old 11-07-2013, 11:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am checking in ! Thanks M ! Looking forward to another sober weekend !
Old 11-07-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Friday Eve here - have a great weekend everyone

D
Old 11-07-2013, 11:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm checking too - I hit 4 weeks on Sunday and with a Sunday 'milestone' and this thread - i'm happy
Old 11-07-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Nice Dee ,
Amazing how many of my old colleagues are in Straliya , Perth must be like england in the sunshine there are so many brits there . It seems moving to france and getting drunk for 4 years wasn't the career opportunity i thought it was . Now i'm too old to come live with you guys and have missed the boom

I think the Au government wouldn't mind me coming to work there for a few years though as long as i went back home . If anything happened to mum i'd certainly consider coming to see your great country and do some quality engineering if they'd let me, to subsidise my travels

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-07-2013, 11:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im in for the weekend starting to look forward to them a little bit more. Still don't have the feeling of YEAH its Friday that everyone else in work gets
Old 11-07-2013, 11:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Keep on lommey,
i rediscovered some of my hobbies and interests i had before drinking took over as the soul sucking one .I've also found some new ones

It took some time though, sometimes i had only enough energy to sit in bed and read SR and surf the net all weekend . It wasn't drinking though and thats what counted with time things got better ..

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-07-2013, 11:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

mecanix, it's nice to know that things get better! I do notice more of a feeling of depression on the weekends but I'm already planning on heading to a couple meetings & church to keep me on track... and exercise! Through my attempts at sobriety these past two months I've already gained some "recovery weight" lol.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi. Heading for my first weekend sober in a long time. I plan to work all weekend. There is much to be done and the more I can focus on something, the less the constant chatter that goes on in my head. I've set up my weekend to have minimal responsibilities, so I can work, eat, sleep, and not worry about anything else. Glad to be here with you all (and glad to admit it). Have a great weekend!
Old 11-07-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Nice Dee ,
Amazing how many of my old colleagues are in Straliya , Perth must be like england in the sunshine there are so many brits there . It seems moving to france and getting drunk for 4 years wasn't the career opportunity i thought it was . Now i'm too old to come live with you guys and have missed the boom

I think the Au government wouldn't mind me coming to work there for a few years though as long as i went back home . If anything happened to mum i'd certainly consider coming to see your great country and do some quality engineering if they'd let me, to subsidise my travels

Bestwishes, m
Just don't go near the Gold Coast during their summer - you've never experienced heat anywhere like it. It's like opening the oven door and forgetting to stand back
Old 11-07-2013, 11:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a great country Mech - but like Skye says it's pretty hot if you're not used to it - come from June to September and it's pretty good tho

D
Old 11-08-2013, 12:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sign me up! Air travel today and then lazy friday night when I get home.
Will meet friends on the weekend but haven't planned any details yet. Have to get in touch once I get home.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Looking forward to my second weekend sober :-)
Old 11-08-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Mecanix my young Pommie friend, another Aussie pal of yours here.

*ring ring* I work Saturdays and have Sunday and Monday off but I regard Saturday as part of the weekend anyway. I'm looking forward to lunch with a friend on Sunday and a good weekend in the rest of the time. We have very heavy rain predicted which is really welcome as it's been dry for months. I plan some bread baking, more chocolate making for Christmas (chili and lemongrass!), reading, oiling the deck furniture and going to a movie and an art show.

*ring ring* Best thing? Waking up early and hangover free so I enjoy it all. Have a good one!
Old 11-08-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Signing up for a successful sober weekend. On day 3 and struggling with withdrawals but know if i keep up this by Monday things will feel a lot brighter. Glad to have SR for the 24 hr support!
Old 11-08-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ready to sign in for my 10th sober weekend in a row!

This one will be a bit rough because I have a huge assignment to complete, but at least I know that I will complete it by staying sober and I will feel so good when it is all done.

Just going to pace myself with this project and try to fit in a movie with my Dad and a women's self-defense class I signed up for with my friend weeks ago.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm strapping myself in tight this weekend.

I'm afraid I have been absent from the last 10 weekend threads and it is also fair to say those last 10 weekends were worthless...... lost mornings to a stinking hangover, rushed days to sit comfortably with a bottle of an evening. Who was I kidding when I thought it would be a good idea to take that first drink.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm in. Expecting a relatively quiet, uneventful weekend, which is just what I need.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Dorris... So glad to see you here. Stay close!

And everyone... So many repeat weekend customers. The best deal around is right here! All the support you can get at a reasonable price... Just ask!

Me? Well... I have been floating a bit these last few weeks with so much change. Floating over top of the reactions that used to be in favor of what I want them to be. Nothing has been easy but nothing has taken me down either.

So... I need you folks this weekend. I want to hear from you!

Ken