Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekenders come join in the weekend thread 8th 9th &10th of november 2013

Notices

weekenders come join in the weekend thread 8th 9th &10th of november 2013

Old 11-08-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Early sobriety I'm in for the weekend.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Looking forward to another sober weekend. Loving them. Hoping to get some housecleaning done, kids have a few hockey games to attend, read some and maybe watch a movie or two. My son has started teaching me chess, something I never was able to concentrate on before. Have a great sober weekend everyone!!
Old 11-08-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This will be my second weekend sober and I am ready!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am in!
Probably the last game of the season tonight for my nephew's high school football team. Then, the symphony tomorrow with friends....Mahler's Sixth. And Sunday, I get to stay home and do art and watch previously recorded television.
Oh, and Monday, which is technically a holiday but I still have to work, I am going to see David Sedaris with my parents. Love him!!!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Count me in, too. A bit worried about the dinner party we're invited to on Saturday night. Combine social anxiety with desire not to drink, and not sure how this is going to work out.

Would much rather be curled up at home with a book or show.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Dave... you have more say in this than lets just see how it works out. Sorry to say that it has never worked out for me. I had to make it when I did. You can make it work. You really can.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Spinning Sober

I'm in. *ring ring*
Old 11-08-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

So, I'm definitely in for the sober weekend but I have to be honest, I'm having my usual 10 day itch (10 days tomorrow). I'm going to a meeting tonight and dinner afterwards with a sober friend so that should take care of tonight... this weekend will call for lots of distraction!
Old 11-08-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Today is either day 2 or 3 for me, depends if I take time of last drink or day I woke up and didn't take one. Either way it'll be a sober weekend for me. My life depends on it !
Old 11-08-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm in! 8 days here and have a lot planned for the weekend. :-) We always have pizza and movie night on Fridays and I usually have (at least) a couple of glasses of wine. I picked up some nice nonalcoholic cider to mix with Perrier this evening for me and the kids so that I don't feel "deprived." I'm really looking forward to waking up for each day of a three day weekend without a hangover!
Old 11-08-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Dorris ,
I'm glad your back and posting Sounds like you learned something from your 10 week experiment .. i'm glad it was so brief for you

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-08-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hello clarefraiser ,
*ring ring*
I tend to avoid non alcoholic , alcoholic style drinks. It's a personal decision but for me it rattles skellingtons i'd rather not have rattled .

8 days

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-08-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hello Sober Warriors! Love hearing about everyone's plans for the weekend. I am hoping to go out to dinner tonight without having to deal too much with by bf's family drama. Saturday and Sunday will be driving my son around to various places he needs to go; although I should be leaning on him to get his license it is nice to be needed still by a teenager! Keep yourself busy people; it is key to staying away from the drink. Friday night may cause some creeping feelings of wanting to drink/go out and about....but guaranteed you will feel wonderful being able to wake up Saturday morning without a hangover and a full day ahead of you not spent with guilt and regret!
Old 11-08-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Mecanix--I think there's a cultural difference. Cider ere is just unfiltered apple juice. ;-). Not a nonalcoholic alcoholic style bevvie.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

My Friday is going a bit slow. Been having some cravings, haven't really started my assignment yet. I am going to see Las Vegas later tonight with my Dad. Just trying to take care of myself and ride the next few hours out.

Last edited by Flying4Life; 11-08-2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-08-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

This is going to be a busy and sober weekend. I love waking up early in the morning on weekends WITHOUT A HANGOVER!!!!!
Old 11-08-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm in for my first sober weekend in.....a LONG time! Was very twitchy when finishing work and the usual crowd going to the pub. Felt really emotional when I came home instead of going along. Maybe next week, but my stress levels are far too high at the mo for me to be vigilant with myself. Feels good upon reflection that I was able to be so brutally honest with myself--that's also something I've not done for a LONG time! Ha!

Anyway, here's to hangover free days this weekend folks! You've all been brilliant in helping me through my first few days. What a special bunch you are!
Old 11-08-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Oh and what amazing things some of you have planned! I'll be having to do some work over the weekend, but, what will be nice is actually being able to do it rather than nursing a sore sore head and beating myself up about ruining my plans to catch up on my workload!

Will also be watching some football and spending some much needed time with the family I neglected whilst I had my drinking head on!
Old 11-08-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

This weekend thread is a great idea, I'm so in! I've been sober a couple years now, but I STILL love waking up sober, especially on the weekends. I love waking at a decent hour and being able to do anything I want, because I feel good and not hungover. This weekend, I'm planning on seeing Thor..can't wait! Love me some Loki! Stay strong, everybody..it's worth it and you can do it!
Old 11-08-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Mirage, I like your "Just keep swimming".....that was my mantra when I was going through my divorce many years ago. I never thought about it applying to my sobriety but it is so true! Dory was one smart cookie