Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekenders come join in the weekend thread 8th 9th &10th of november 2013

Notices

weekenders come join in the weekend thread 8th 9th &10th of november 2013

Old 11-08-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Very true Shay. I think I also count the days to the 'milestone' and then get there and think, 'now what'? Not falling for it again though as fed up with having to go through a whole 4 weeks to get back to it Day one is demoralising and depressing to keep returning to Xx
Old 11-09-2013, 12:28 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Saturday morning here in the uk ,

It's great to see you all rally round and help each other keep going , truly humbled by the power and kindness of this site and it's people .

Here is Dees' CarolD tips for cravings thread it might come in handy for some of you http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

No calls last night so am refreshed and comfy or as much as you can be when you think the phone might go off at any moment to get you to drive 80 - 100 miles to try and fix something and then come back .

Am going to try and tidy up this room today … sober or drunk i am a bit of clutter fiend .. maybe something i need to work on changing .

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-09-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

A little aroma therapy this morning.... Baked dark chocolate brownies.

Hope the rest of this day smells as good.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good morning, all! I had a lovely family night last night with my husband and four children. (three being teenagers, so to have everyone home on a Friday was a special treat!)
Tonight will mark 6 weeks sober for me. I already have noticed a difference in my weekend cravings. They are definitely less intense, more nostalgic than anything. Without much effort, my mind seems trained to go to NO mode - immediately it starts thinking of all the ramifications drinking brings with it. I am enjoying this change.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:36 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Really great report DD. Enjoy!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

My funds are normally depleted by the weekend, so it's not unusual to go without a drink over the weekend - But they were spent far from being what I would call 'sober' times. I was dry and miserable, white knuckling until I could make a transaction for Monday morning.

I feel gratitude today. Funds are depleted, but it's different for sure. Just happy to have another chance. There's plenty of work to do, and I think the cobwebs have subsided enough for me to get busy. I'm grateful for food, a job, and this place. Pretty simple stuff for such a unique and complicated man!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Woke up sober this morning, but the pressure of this assignment is really weighing heavily on me. Today it will be my main focus, plus being nice to myself. Whatever it takes I need to get thru this.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Keeping myself super busy this weekend...almost too busy. We have an old friend coming over tonight for some board games, and tomorrow we're hosting our best friends and hubby's brother and family for dinner. Whew! I'll be exhausted, but sober at the end of the weekend.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

So inspirational to read how many people are rising above the challenges in front of them. I have found that with each challenge I have come through sober, the stronger I am and easier it is to handle the next that comes my way....and they certainly do. I find, too, what Double Dragons said to be true is that it is easier to say No to drinking. When I see someone having "A" drink with dinner or whatever, I think how I am not capable of that. I could not have just one drink....I had to have many and the outcome was always a total trainwreck. Heading out to run a round of errands soon with my radio blaring and my cup of coffee held high
Old 11-09-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

This will be my third sober weekend. I can sure tell a difference in my attitude toward other people. I can remain calm when things don't go my way. I will clean the house, read a book, watch netflicks, and surf the web to occupy my time.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

** ring ring** Weekenders,
Sorry I'm late, but I'm staying strong. Big shout out to everyone here. May you have a peaceful and sober weekend.

Did the chat meeting last night. Was awesome as usual. Took Pork Chop to the vet this morning to get her nails trimmed. Now I need to finish raking before the snow hits. Dang, fall is almost over.

Peace,
Cas
Old 11-09-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

M, I'm also humbled and grateful for everyone here who shares the good moments and bad. Was a dramatic week for me. My mom suffers from pretty severe mental illness and she resurfaced this week and tried to make trouble. Thankfully, I have good family on my Dad's side and we made a plan to deal with it. A big part of my plan was NOT to drink and I'm glad I didn't. Such a useless response. So much better to be here with you all and just deal with life.

Big Hugs,
Cas
Old 11-09-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Cas ,
I'm glad you're here man and i'm happy you've done it sober .

My mum has paranoid schizophrenia but i'm lucky she's pretty stable around me .

I'm very careful about what is my problem to deal with and what isn't … Turns out when i examine my life i have very few problems or questions about anything … none at the moment .. It's pretty quite this side of these eyes

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-09-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Still plugging away at my assignment, trying to carry a group of poor students so that I can still get an A despite their lack of effort. Will be so glad when this is over! Might even go out and buy myself a new pair of PJs and a good movie to watch, I will deserve a reward after this! So grateful to be sober this weekend
Old 11-09-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Had a new king bed delivered today... Oh boy it is comfy... Heading to lay lazily in bed for the evening.

Stay sober.. I know what Saturday nights can bring...

Ken
Old 11-09-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Having a great weekend. Today was spent with a visiting friend and his wife. He's a lifelong close friend that's more like a brother. We're from a rough neighborhood where the trials of growing up (sometimes just surviving) gave us a close bond. He's never had a problem with drink and was glad to see I'd finally quit. I've not received much support since stopping as it seems most of my other "friends" were only drinking buddies more interested in what kind of entertainment I'd bring to their dull parties. Today it felt good to have support from someone who really matters.

Hope everyone has a wonderful sober weekend in their corner of the world!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Another sober saturday night in Weaver land

It is 1:45 am. I am sober, wife and kids are tucked away in bed. I remember doing it and my biggest temptation at the moment is whether or not I should eat a 5th pig in a blanket

The cravings are still persistent, but I am prevailing. It feels good. It will continue to feel good. Loving (starting too) MY new sober life.

Thank you all
Old 11-09-2013, 11:07 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Annnnnnnd I had that 5th pig in a blanket. Whatevs

Old 11-09-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Pigs in blankys are a fine thing to eat if the alternative is drinkin' alcohol .

Alcohol does nothing good for me , it's all bad . My Pigs in blankets habit means i won't have the sweats , headache tomorrow , pass out on the sofa , have random arguments i can't remember , wee myself and so on , all of which alcohol used to do for me

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-10-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Up early... My new sober living alone normal. Not all bad but I do tend to go to bed too early.

So I have two hungry cats staring at me waiting for the slightest move toward the their food dishes.

I agree with M... I am about to go have another of those brownies I made. Eat over drinking is a tool I used. I know for some cooking conjures up drinking thoughts but for me it is a way to spend the bewitching time staying busy.

With today being my first real Sunday alone in Maine I need to stay aware of things. My mood can change quickly. So I am nurturing myself.

Today I am slowly braising beef short ribs. I will substitute pomegranate juice for red wine. The sauce is amazing on this. Over a nice bed of noodles. Mmmmm. I smell sober in that for me today!

Be well... Remember to smile. Not always easy when the addictive voice is ringing loudly in your head. But allow ... If even just for today... To let the ringing of the sober bells of freedom to be louder! RING RING!

Ken