Notices

It's never too late to hit a new low...

Old 09-24-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's never too late to hit a new low...

Well this sucks. Woke up after drinking most of the night, only to drink some more. If that's not crappy enough, let's grab the cell phone and call your parents who are in their 80's and a billion miles away in Alaska. Might as well suck them into your nightmare. Crying and waling uncontrollably on the phone with them last night.

Feel like crap, feel like crying, had to call them back this morning so they would at least know I am still living. This disease sucks.

Ack!!!!

Old 09-24-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling so much Raider. I hope you can find some support and some form of recovery that works for you. Sending you a hug.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Awwww Raider. I'm sorry you are battling and fighting and hurting.

What say you tip out the junk and get your footing back ?
Old 09-24-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So when are you going to quit permanently? And how?
Old 09-24-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear that Raider. And as you know, it is going to get worse - the only question is how bad it will get and how soon. Do you still have plans to go to that rehab when you are done with vacation? I think that's a great idea. You also mentioned there were some meetings you might be close enough to up there - is that still something you might explore?
Old 09-24-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are really in a spiral. Are you still planning on inpatient rehab? What has to happen to set that up?
Old 09-24-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Raider - I too thought you were going to rehab soon... No??
Old 09-24-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi raider, I know you are planning on going to rehab when you are back home from your cabin.You did say you were up there for several weeks,my concerns were that you will keep drinking in those weeks. It may well get worse and worse,as you can see it isdoing.how many more weeks are you up there for?

You've posted many nights over thelast few weeks about how you want to quit but every night you keep drinking.Nothing will change raider if nothing changes.Can you maybe consider cutting your trip short and going to rehab now.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
I agree. You're running out of time here. I was supposed to go on this fancy tropical vacation but I chose rehab instead. One of the best decisions I ever made.

Please come home and check-in. You'll thank yourself so much later on.

If you stay up there only who knows what might happen.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'll be back in Utah in two weeks. Then an alcohol screening, then a bed date. I feel like I am losing my mind. I have to g a grip. For crying out loud. My husband is a drinker. I don't how I can convince him to go home early. I know there is liquor here at the cabin. Every time he goes out, he brings another bottle back. Progressive has a whole new meaning. I should have wrote you guys last night instead of calling my parents. Tried to text my Pastor last night. Crap. Apparently I lost command of using a keyboard. I'm scared. I have read on SR of those that have been to several rehabs. That's scary.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
I'll be back in Utah in two weeks. Then an alcohol screening, then a bed date. I feel like I am losing my mind. I have to g a grip. For crying out loud. My husband is a drinker. I don't how I can convince him to go home early. I know there is liquor here at the cabin. Every time he goes out, he brings another bottle back. Progressive has a whole new meaning. I should have wrote you guys last night instead of calling my parents. Tried to text my Pastor last night. Crap. Apparently I lost command of using a keyboard. I'm scared. I have read on SR of those that have been to several rehabs. That's scary.
Coming to us here would have been a great idea. Not drinking would have been and even better idea yet. But the reality is last night is done. Going forward though you can come to us, and you can leave the drink down. It's also entirely possible for you to tell your husband that you need to go home now because you are sick and need help - which is 100% true.

You've got a say in all this remember - it's your life and if you really want help it's there for the taking. You just have to make the decision to do it.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Raider, you can do a lot of damage in two weeks. Who knows if the next drunk will kill you. Please don't put off saving your life.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Raider, one thing I was warned about before I left for rehab for a month was not to make those weeks before I left my last hurrah. I guess this is not uncommon, and my doctors seemed very concerned about it. I was also using prescription meds, so I was told not to change anything before I left. Talk to your doctor, but please be aware that having a date can be a bit of a trigger for us...
Rehab is a gift. I am 48 and it gave me the clean break I needed. I went across the country and I went for 30 days. It is a commitment, in a lot of ways, which helped emphasize for me the seriousness of what I was dealing with. I also realized how many people don't get the help they need. Being in a safe environment (and yes you will have quite a few stories when you get out) with other people who are there to get well and having the ability to focus just on yourself is a great way to get started.
i was surprised too to find that some people were coming back for 2nd or 3rd visits, but I was there for myself. It becomes pretty evident early on who is there to goof around and who is there to get better. Stick with the winners....you are one yourself!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Have you considered returning to your home before your husband? Could you push your appointments forward? It just sounds like you are in a perfect storm right now.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Raider, please stop talking about your husband and the trip and all that external stuff and solve the dang problem. Get in the car, take a cab, ride a bus, whatever, walk in the front door of a rehab and check in.

None of that other stuff will matter at if you continue on this path, as you may well lose it all.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

WARNING
Bummer.
Ever hear of "Wet Brain"?
I just met my friend on Sunday in hospital.
Awaiting long-term care in a nursing home.
She was 47 in May.
She told me tearfully that her marriage was probably over and hadn't seen her kids in 2 weeks.
Yes, her marriage is over.
He is shacked up with his new wife, the kids, and a couple of little darlings of their own.
And, since she has been in a locked ward since June, she probably didn't see her kids recently.
That is "waiting until we are ready" to quit.
Sorry, but I am sad.
Please, just get your butt into Rehab and get stopped before it is too late.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

The thing I think a lot of people don't understand is that rehab isn't going to magically make you quit drinking, or something. Do you want to quit drinking? Are you tired of the life style?
Old 09-24-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Raider, I live in Salt Lake!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

If your husband knows you're booked into rehab he must know you have a problem and need to come home. You don't need hispermission-rent a car and get yourself home if he won't leave with you.It's easy to keep putting it off. Action is what's needed. You know you won't quit whilst at thecabin so why stay there?
Old 09-24-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Raider - I'm sincerely concerned for your health. This spiral will not stop pulling you down if YOU don't step out of it and start to find your footing in the maelstrom.

Why are you putting this off ? You are slowly killing yourself.

Please. Get help now.