Originally Posted by CRS3
How do I tear these down?
CRS
One brick at a time Bob.
Oh and, feel free to talk freely. No need to hold back friend
Old 06-24-2004, 10:30 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

bob, whoa man. whoa.
i can relate to alot of what you said. i'm still fighting alot within myself. i still on the boat and not with my family. i told my wife that i'm not going to quit drinking till she comes home. i'm not making sence to even myself. i'm going to a drog and alki counselor, he has helped me before, hope he can again. i know what your saying about the walls. i've never thought of all that b-4. that's what my wife is talking about. i wonder how thick my walls are. i know that i've built them up to protect myself from people telling me what to do. i'm the firstborn and nobody tells me what to do. right. whatever salt. moron....
i notice that when i'm not drinking at all, i'm way more pissy and a mood swinger. my wifegets all mad cuz i change my mind and am wishy washy. i don't know, i just as confuzeld as you are.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:53 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Thanks Dan,
I suppose I dont really have the problem of holding back at times
do I?

Originally Posted by saltH20
i told my wife that i'm not going to quit drinking till she comes home.
Dont quite get that one salt. Doesnt make alot of sense to me????

Originally Posted by saltH20
i notice that when i'm not drinking at all, i'm way more pissy and a mood swinger. my wifegets all mad cuz i change my mind and am wishy washy. i don't know, i just as confuzeld as you are.
Im wishy washy on a good day sober. I guess that just takes time.
And
Im confused about alot of things bit one thing Im not confused about
is that I Cant drink anymore! Period!
Not much will change until you get to that point mentally.
CRS

Last edited by CRS3; 06-24-2004 at 10:56 AM. Reason: correction
Old 06-24-2004, 11:32 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

i wish i could just be there mentally. the wiff and i were talking and she was saying the old why don't you just quit and go get help. i've done that before, and i've failed everytime. i'm just serching myself right now to re-train my thinking so that when i go in to the doc, i will be able to really accept the help. i hope he can just say the right thing so it just snaps in my head, and i understand why i've let me get to this point. i also don't understand why i have to do this all by myself, when i have a whole family that i should be going home to. coming home to nobody just makes me worse. when i went sober for that month, just knowing that my girls were home made me think twice about stopping for that beer. now i'm forced to have to do this for myself, and my rational is not correct. half the time i'm like, forget out it, the other half i'm beating myself up to no end. i.e., i'll never get this right. nobody beleives in me....etc.
and now, after my last conversation w/ the wiff, i'm "selfish"? i have "selfish thinking" becuz i want to take off for a couple days, gets some new senery, think w/o thinking. i would figure thats a good idea. well i'm gonna do it anyway. i have to do something.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:59 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Paused

(((((BOB)))))

Just stopped in to say hi. Was wondering how your doing?

Take Care,

Talia
Old 07-12-2004, 12:07 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Talia,
God bless you girl! I have not been posting at all except for on the
Christians in recovery page. Unfortunately not much activity in there.
It's kind of sad actually and it pops a little bubble I had. Maybe it needed to
be popped.
Im not doing so well. I just read the first few pages of my thread and remembering what I went through and all the support I got from so many people, to come back at this point and say "im not doing well" well, I feel Like I want to crawl under a rock and hide. Im not as bad as I was the first time
around but Ive done this long enough to know It's just around the corner.
I've been beat down by my own mind. I let my emotions get out of control
with self pity, and others actions to offend me to the point that I just gave up.
Im in the mode now where Im trying to decide if I even want to try again.
No, thats not true, I do want to try again. It just seems so impossible.
For a while I had to stay offline. It felt like it was dragging me down. Now
Im not so sure. Not real sure of anything anymore.
Are any of you willing to go through this with me again?
Bob
Old 07-12-2004, 12:35 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by CRS3
Now
Im not so sure. Not real sure of anything anymore.
Bob
The silent, spiritual bond is forever, like it or not.
So, in answer to your question, yes.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:35 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Yes
Old 07-12-2004, 03:27 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Paused

Why do you think i dug up your thread? LOL

T
Old 07-12-2004, 04:12 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Gabe, if you remember,Im sending up the flare

Talia,
What, you a psychic or what? Or was that Psycho? I get the two confused.
Anna, Thanks so much for the PM! More valuable than gold.
Tom, Thanks for still emailing me during this whole period!!!!!!!!!!!!
It kept my mind from completely dismissing going astray.
This is going to be long so If your like me,just skip it!
Talia,more on you coming.

I find it hard to believe Im back to this point again. So frustrating! But I will not go so far as to say it's been useless time. I believe I have learned a great deal over the course of ?what, Hell I dont know. I will say I think I may have been a lost if something had not happened that jolted me back to reality.
By the way,Im still drinking at this point(no,not right now), at night.

I posted a article on the christians in recovery page a while back on abortion.
It was removed due to the graphic pictures(Im sorry if I offended anyone)
I just thought it was a great article by a very dear friend of mine and someone who I have much respect for(There are only two people I know I can say that about)I really didnt think much of it. Well, the author of the
article of course was looking into where he was getting the hits on his website and it led him here. It was not hard for him to figure out that it was me. I got an email from him stating he read my posts and wanted to help
if he could. Well now someone other than a computer screen knows my
problem,my secret. At first I was humiliated, then relieved. Someone I actually know quite well knows all this about me after Ive hidden it for
so many years. I told him to read my entire thread and then post if he felt
like it. So, Jeff, if you made it this far you've read it all. I love you and I hope you do not feel any differnent towards me.
Since I told him to read the thread I re-read my entire thread. All I can say
is wow. Some powerful,wonderful stuff. It makes me feel very embarrassed and extremely humble to come back here like this after all the great advice all of you have given me. And I didnt start crying until I read Talia's post(copied below) and Iv'e been in tears ever since.
It seems my journey is picking up again. All I can say is God works in some
very strange,wonderful ways. Too many things have happened over the last two months for me to doubt that "my higher power" is watching over me and reminding me I may not have too much time left so I better "get with it"
The first time I quit, almost 30 days,I used this site and I had a plan.
I will be honest,I will most likely drink tonight. But I plan on doing this the same way I did it the first time. It worked for almost 30 days, so Im not ready to give up just yet.
Thank you all so much for your help and your dedication.

Talia,This is what made me lose it
Ive lost the post. I will re-post whe I find it.
Bob
Old 07-12-2004, 04:15 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Here it is, Thanks Talia

Originally Posted by 2dayzmuse
CRS

Sorry your feeling down. It's tough when a slip happens. I remember mine well. 29 days ago which means 28 days sober. The dissapointment I caused others, the pain surrounding the slip. If I just would have fought it harder. I didn't put up much of a fight. I to thought I could handle it this time. I was wrong once again.

I feel as if I didn't have the right mind set then. One that I have now. The reason I think differently, is because of that last slip. I had a hard lesson to learn. Realize that I am powerless over drink and can never take another again. That moment of clarity came after my slip. Excepting the reality that drinking again is not an option for me. I don't like it, but the consequences aren't worth it to me. I know I'm early in my sobriety and it's going to be tough, but I'm ready to learn the tools to win the battle. Before I was just going through the motions. Not really grasping the concept.

That is what brought me here. I feel this place is a godsend. People like me. People who understand and give loving support. No strings attached, non -judgmental. I'm truely, sorry for the hard times you've dealing with, and wish you the best of luck. Think of this as "your" moment of clarity. Your click.
I hope it is. Whatever happens, know that you will always be welcomed back, with opened arms.

I want you to know, that when I first came to SR, I could really relate to your "Help" thread. We were going through the same suffering at the same time. 2 days differece between our sober dates. I realized I was not alone and drew comfort from that. It got me through the next 24.

Grasp your "slip" and except it for what it is worth. A lesson learned. A lesson you can draw from to remain sober tommorrow. Don't beat yourself up too hard, as the others have already mentioned, 30 days out of 33 is better then the alternative.

Continue on and realize your hard work and accomplishments. I have a great feeling, all will turn out well for you. You can win the battle. Draw from others strength. Most importantly, know that you have helped me remain sober for the last 28 days. I drew from your strength during my struggles, now you can draw from mine. That is the beauty, and purpose of this place.

Have a good 24.....one minute at a time.

God Bless and Much Love, :rose

Talia
Old 07-12-2004, 04:29 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Dan

While I don't visit the Christians in Recovery board Bob, and I've not been around much lately, just reading your last post is enough to tell me you're hurting large.
But we saw the flare man. We promised we would no?
Peace.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:33 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hey Bob,
I remember.
I'm glad you remembered.
When you know you're in trouble, sending up the flare and reaching out to people is the best thing you can do.
Once you send up the flare, you have to be willing to listen to the people who respond to it.
And I just know that you can do that.
You've got a lot of people walking this road with you buddy.
And they all have your back.
Lucky you.
Take comfort in that and move onto the next good thing.
Hugs,
Gabe
Old 07-12-2004, 04:33 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

awww man,
Dan I just managed to get my tears under control!
Thanks, yes I did know you would see it
Gabe, Thanks. Much wisdom in your words
Bob

Last edited by CRS3; 07-12-2004 at 04:36 PM. Reason: correction
Old 07-12-2004, 04:42 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Dan

Here's the deal Bob. Gabe has taught me a lesson or two.
You hurt? You ask for help and share the burden.
You listen to advice, and you make a decision. You're obviously a highly intelligent man. When you arrived here, I believe it was because you had carried some burdens in a solitary fashion for too long. Therefore, the bottle and other drugs were slowly killing you. I so much remember those first few days Bob. Do you really want to go there again? Nope. I know you don't. But sometimes, we get to that place without even knowing we're heading there. Keep posting man.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:41 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Paused

Bob,

Wow did i really write that. LOL. Well me and all my words of wisdom. I'll let you in on a little secret. I slipped too. I'm only eight days sober today. At the time i wrote that, i thought i had reached my bottom. I was wrong, i hit it this time. This time was the worst. I hit real hard. If a friend of mine from out of town, hadn't stopped by unexpectedly, i may have died from alcohol poisioning. Alone.

I don't want to die. I want to live. You want to live as well. I know you do. The problem is we don't have the coping skills to beat this horrible disease of alcoholism. It is an inherited disease and if you piece that together with all the pain and suffering we've had to deal with in our lives....well you know.

I'm doing things differently this time. When i wrote that post, i was going to meetings and feeling great and then? Boom...what happened? I couldn't even begin to tell you what triggerd me to pick up that first drink. No idea. That first drink lasted 9 days. Not what i had intended. I intended on the perverbial "two". You know that one? Just two. Well that "two" nearly killed me.

I think i wrote, another post about you needing to get a sponsor. I had just asked a women to sponsor me and was feeling all knowing. She never followed through on it and, i dropped the ball on getting another. Once again i had another lesson to learn. You'd think i'd get it right one of these times. Well i think i have this time. This time really scared me and my loved ones.

I'm working the steps this time. I actually have a sponsor and i'm following through. I will admit, i was thinking yada, yada, yada about AA. Not real thrilled about the whole idea. Why? I don't know. It just seemed blech. Like work and like AA. I welcomed the idea after my 9 day haze and knew i had to choose AA or death. Guess which one i chose? I have to man, i can't do this on my own. I can't stop alone and my friends or family can't help me.

I'm getting there and of course, i'm no picnic to work with. A real pain in the ars. Hmmm...imagine that. LOL. I'm working on step 4 now. It's not so bad, not so bad at all. I never thought i would ever say this, but some "strange" things are happening. I fought the "God" thing pretty hard. It's not that i don't believe, it's just that we all know that person that talks, talks, talks about God, and you roll your eyes. You know what i mean? I never really ever went to church.

Well i gave my life to "God" (i still can't believe i'm saying that, weird) and i have a peace in me i never had before. I've been praying and i almost have to giggle, because i swear he's answering me. God has a sense of humor too. I find it so strange that i'm getting answer's, it's like i'm playing with one of those magic 8 balls. I keep asking questions and he keeps answering. I swear to God. HEEHEE.

Anyways Bob, what have you got to lose? If i can find peace, so can you. And who doesn't like playing with a magic 8 ball anyways. I'm sure it's never been put quite that way, but well...i'm sure by now, you've figured out i'm....never mind. LOL. Get a sponsor and work the steps.

We jumped on this bus at the same time and have had our share of troubles. We both deserve happiness and dammit, i don't want anything to happen to you. Come on, take my hand and let's travel this journey together. Oh, and buy the way...don't you find it strange this all came to light today? You see i prayed for you last night. I have goosebumps as i'm writing this. DO DO DO DO. We are after all, only human. I don't know about you, but i could use all the help i can get. Speaking of "HELP" isn't that the name of this thread? I hear God works in mysterious ways.

Take care of yourself,

Talia :rose
Old 07-12-2004, 06:02 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Administrator

Talia,

I admire your courage and your honesty. This dreadful disease is forever lurking and we have to be prepared and strong and vigilant. It sounds like you're doing much better and I'm glad for you. You can always find lots of inspiration around here!

Love, Anna
Old 07-12-2004, 08:18 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Bob,

I am Triegger, an alcoholic and a newbie with just 10 sober days under my belt. I cant go through it with you "again" as I was not here then, but sign my ass to go through it with you this time, one hour at a time.

Know I am pulling for and with you,

Triegger
Old 07-13-2004, 06:53 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Dan,Gabe,Talia,Anna,Trieger,

Thank you for your words. I was so busy yesterday I did not have time to
read them all. I did read quickly this morning. I will respond more when I get a chance. This morning has started out pretty hectic.
I just want to say
Talia,
Im so glad of your decision on God. Im learning thats what it is a "relationship"
Not a church, not a bunch of rules but Grace. Gods grace and Gods love.
Thank you for praying for me, it would seem he acted on your prayers. Thank you.
I have much to say(as usual during these moods of reflection I get into)
And Talia my hand is reaching out. So is God's. Let both reach out and grab
His!
Be back ASAP
Bob
Old 07-13-2004, 08:09 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

((((( BOB )))) Prayers ^ Thinking of you ... Trish