Notices

Hooked up with my sponsor's long-term ex-boyfriend ...

Old 06-10-2012, 07:22 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
You sound like a different person...I can't get over it. That 5th step is beautiful....As they say in the book...I was delighted...to do it. You're not going to fifth step with your new sponsor?
The night before I went into treatment I met a woman at an AA meeting who had been to the rehab I am currently in. We spoke for about 15 minutes before the meeting began and she gave me her phone number. She said she has seen me come in and out and told me to call her when I get back. I liked her flowery hippie clothes and how the spirit of the universe and nature were her glimpses of higher power. She has a bit of sobriety too. I am happy that she's much older than me and very confident -- I'm slightly intimidated by her and that's a good start for someone as unruly and rebellious as me. So, she is who I hope to confide in and I hope she wants to sponsor me. If that doesn't work ill confide in my old NA sponsor who I talk to every now and again.
I am glowing as I read your comment about how I sound totally different. I feel totally different. I'm not agitated, I don't feel like I have to prove myself to others. My journey has become focused on opening my heart to the creator, which involves a lot of self reflection and prayer. I'm moving inward and I've stopped clinging to external, temporal things to make me happy, I've finally realized that the betterment of my soul is the only valuable thing in life to strive for. Once I grasped the primacy of the spirit in all my affairs, something irresistible and life giving became alive in my soul and now my whole purpose in life is to nurture that thing as long as I am able.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'll pray that the sponsor you get ends up being the right one....You do the same.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
I really hope you work your 5th step with someone who works the steps of AA and understands the process. This is where you will see how you can change....

You are lucky to have access to the internet in rehab, mine wouldn't even allow cell phones and very little contact with the outside world as our focus was on the rehab process.

See you in chat when you return!
Hugs,
This is a great treatment centre. I live with 15 women in a huge Victorian style house, two people to a room. My room is at the very top, it's like living in a castle. The house is very close to Lake Ontario, close as in a 4 minute walk. We can go there on the weekends and after supper sometimes. We are allowed to leave the house on weekends for certain periods of time with our cellphones. During the week the program is very strenuous. We go to "school" in cabs each day from 8:30pm until 4:30pm. The food is incredible, like, five course meals. I can't wait to come home and chat on my laptop in peace and quiet. Can't wait to go to AA meetings and reconnect with family and friends, using the skills I've learnt here. hugs. I'll give you a more thorough rundown in chat!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

That sounds awesome...They let you go to meetings there?....Or bring meetings in?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
That sounds awesome...They let you go to meetings there?....Or bring meetings in?
They bring meetings in to us! The AA group we attend is actually a group that was created by the rehab for the rehab and is open to visitors and past clients. So far they have brought in Alcoholics Anonymous, Cocaine Anonymous, Gamblers Anonymous and Al-Anon. Very awesome but I am more than ready to go home!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erutxet View Post
They bring meetings in to us! The AA group we attend is actually a group that was created by the rehab for the rehab and is open to visitors and past clients. So far they have brought in Alcoholics Anonymous, Cocaine Anonymous, Gamblers Anonymous and Al-Anon. Very awesome but I am more than ready to go home!
That's cool...No place like home!