Notices

Class of January 2012 Part 2

Old 01-15-2012, 03:03 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think each of us have been in that place - and each of us wanted better for ourselves.

I believe it's in you to find that, whatever it takes - just like it was in me, and the hundreds of others here who've changed their lives for good

Maybe trying to forgive yourself for relapsing is a good start?

D
Old 01-15-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

day 20/19 for me:(

hI folks, well i got to day 19, and i decided to drink 4 units of red wine.
Dont know why.. did not enjoy it, so i have decided to put myself back one day, i am not throwing away 18 sober days for this, so i am now on day 19, instead of 20.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Beginning of Day 14 for me. I'm about to head out to run a few errands, then come back and continue cleaning my basement. From the little bit of work I did yesterday, it already looks like a whole new room! Organizing and cutting loose some crap felt as healthy and rewarding as I thought it would.

I won't lie, yesterday was a bit of a challenge. My wife and I argued for much of the morning - more fallout from my drunken nincompoopery on New Years Eve - but we talked it out and learned some things about each other in the process. We are moving closer together after my drinking put some serious distance between us.

I never did reach for that drink, BTW. I wanted to there for a while, but I talked it out and disposed of the urge. I'm a wee bit proud of myself for that.

Stay strong, class! If you feel like drinking/using today, really think about it first, and talk it out if you need to.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me and this absolutely has to be it. I've tried many times and always decide eventually to moderate. Today I hate alcohol, I was out last night with friends and only when I came home did it really hit me how drunk I was. It was a horrible feeling. Usually its a buzz as I rarely have alot to drink but its a very steady, daily intake all the same. This was different, and I hated feeling that drunk. So today I'm back on SR and I want to use my feelings about last night to really motivate me to stay sober forever.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
kiddo

I got to 5 days due to not being able to buy alcohol.
Soon as I got to somewhere I could, back to none...
Old 01-15-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Day15

I just love waking up without a hangover and wondering what I did last night. I have done laundry, cleaned my office, taken care of my chickens, emptied the dishwasher.... and it 10 am. I'm a little concerned that I feel soooo good. One day at a time. That little voice in my head that talks about drinking is gone but I am going to keep my guard up. Have a great day and my best to everyone.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Day 5

Day 5 no pills and day 8 no booze! Feel great waking up today! I hope the stomach issues that bothered me yesterday are over...be it wd or whatever. Going to a meeting today and actually going to work out. Tonight I work (waitressing). I only do that once a week and tonight will be my first shift in a looong time sober.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Resident

Day 15 for me.
Just another day in paradise.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day 15 for me, and i know i wont drink today. I wake up non-confused, with energy and without that cloud of despair. I only drank tea last night, and it was comforting and satisfying. I dont want Alcohol....I am allergic to it..have a great day all...
Old 01-15-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I guess I will jump in and join. My "clean date" is 1-14-12. I'm also a recovering alcoholic. The real trouble for me is vicodin. My clean date was supposed to be 12-31-11 but I convinced my doctor to give me 10 more pills last week. Naturally I abused them and they're all gone. I don't think she is going to prescribe more for me, as I "outed" myself to her, my husband, and I joined NA. I got a sponsor and I feel like I'm on the right path now. I realize I've got a "pink cloud" right now and I'm enjoying it along with a bit of anxiety about what I'll do when it passes.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi all day 22 today for me.
I have survived the weekend sober even with all the kids being here yesterday for dvd night. Usually I would of been drinking wine but stuck to herbal tea !!!
It was the first dvd night since before xmas,
due to me messing up xmas eve .(usually weekly) so happy it went well.
I am slowly building bridges and I know I have to see the positives and not keep living in the past with guilt !

We are all doing so well and we can do this ! We may falter at times but I know that if we want something hard enough it can be done
Keep going !!! xAx
Old 01-15-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 15. Sobriety is so freeing. Not being a slave to the bottle anymore. Went to the dog park this morning and going to go visit my cousins in a little bit.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:10 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hello, peers. This is Day One for me. Today will be easy, because I feel so lousy from last night the mere thought of alcohol nauseates me. In a way, I'm grateful for that. And, I'm grateful to have found this site. Let's hear it for a healthy 2012 and thereafter!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TeaPlease View Post
Hello, peers. This is Day One for me. Today will be easy, because I feel so lousy from last night the mere thought of alcohol nauseates me. In a way, I'm grateful for that. And, I'm grateful to have found this site. Let's hear it for a healthy 2012 and thereafter!
hello teaplease

This site is really helpful and I've found so much support here since becoming sober. Congrats on your decision. Lots of water and food will help.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thank you, justhadenough. I have been lucky never to have had withdrawal symptoms other than bad insomnia during previous dry periods. Usually after three or four days, though, I get antsy, and my resolve weakens. This time, however, I have a plan and, crucially, this site.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome keltie and teaplease!

Welcome back Marria and Emma - any ideas yet on what you guys will do differently this time?

props to everyone for sticking with it - and congratulations to everyone hitting 2 weeks and over

D
Old 01-15-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi, Add me to the Class of January! I quit drinking on Jan 2. Last weekend I felt great and powerful but this weekend I feel anxious and depressed. I really want my wine which makes me realize I do have a drinking problem. I'm glad I found this site, I think it will be a help to me.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Resident

TeaPlease and Katrinka.
Glad to have you with us.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Katrinka

D
Old 01-15-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Today was probably my best day so far in my 15 days of sobriety. Nothing earth-shattering took place; on the contrary it was somewhat of an uneventful day. What I found noteworthy is just the incredible feeling of inner peace and contentment that I felt for most of the day. I found myself genuinely smiling, on the inside and on the outside, enjoying the feeling of all being well with my world. I know that even if this was just a small glimpse of what sober life will be like down the road, it was enough to give me hope and strengthen my resolve to stay sober.
Wishing us all many more days like the one I had today