Notices

Class of January 2012 Part 2

Old 01-13-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi all ,
Day 20 for me . I am feeling much healthier than I have in a long time which I am so pleased about
Now if I could only get some sleep and stop the emotional rollercoaster I would be fantastic... But I know that will come in time !

Happy Birthday aeo1313
Stay strong all, we can do this !!!! xAx
Old 01-13-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Resident

Day 13
Thanks to PurpleCat, Sarah,WantTo Heal and boozeFree for the congratulatory posts.
No urge to drink today since Friday is always a busy day. Cleaning day. I only have 3 more of those before my wife retires and we share the household duties. I can hardly wait.
Have a great day classmates. We are doing this together.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning group. Starting another day hangover free.
Happy birthday Aeo!

I can't believe tomorrow makes 2 weeks without alcohol. I've been feeling pretty tired every morning even tho I'm getting a good amount of sleep but I know my body still has a lot of adjusting to do from all the alcohol I was flooding it with. It's great to have this jan class where we all can relate with each other and get support.

Have a good day class!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Meow

Welcome justhadenough!

So, new year, new thread and new Roll Call - 85 trucking along to a better life!

ACT10Npack.....aeo1313.....Alana1.....alaskasunshi ne.....AmyLouise.....ARTEMIS2011
Balerie.....Baloo.....Bizooky.....BlueEyedBoy..... Bombshell.....BoozeFree
Cali013.....Candi25.....Cardinalfan.....Chicago321 9.....chrisb245.....curbed.....curlyred
Deschain.....DoneDying.....dorito281211
ee1979.....Emma18.....endlesspatience
faceitandfixit.....Fdm.....FisherAccount.....Flami ngredhair.....Frisky.....FourSeasons.....Fubarcdn
H2only.....HenryKrinkle.....hotchoc
iceteaplease.....Imperium.....Innerchild
Jallen83.....James1983.....jiggery.....JulyBabe... ..justhadenough
KaPuka.....kla
lifeanew.....lifewithout.....LivingOutLoud.....Los t3000.....losteverything.....lushly
mah.....Marius76.....Michell.....mttwlsn16
needtostop1.....newleaves2012
PaddyB.....PowerOfMind.....PurpleCat
quitforme79
Rugby8
samwitch.....Sarah1414.....Scarletrose.....SD777.. ...SentencedToLife.....Shackles.....slackie.....Sn ooper.....SoCalDude.....stevie88.....Strytone28
TallWater.....TheOldMe.....timetochange.....timeto try1.....too.tall.....trevesty.....tthornyone
wanab3.....WantToHeal.....watsonc.....Westiegirl12 3.....whitehorses
Old 01-13-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This is mid day 13 for me...was my 3rd day back at the Gym..feeling stronger, a bit muddle headed, but sleeping better, and still sober. i dont know if I am allowed to say this, but I think I have found an online sponsor who is willing to work with me through the steps..Its so Awesome..i feel like this is a start to a new better life. peace all..
Old 01-13-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday aeo
& congrats BF!

welcome justhadenough and strytone

have a great sober weekend everyone

D
Old 01-13-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Bit embarrassed to say this but my Day 5 didn't work out and I drank. Starting again. Very frustrating exercise.I should know better, and really, pretty dissapointed in my lack of willpower
Old 01-13-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Meow

One step back, two steps forward, KaPuka. Stay positive - we know you can do it!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Originally Posted by KaPuka View Post
Bit embarrassed to say this but my Day 5 didn't work out and I drank. Starting again. Very frustrating exercise.I should know better, and really, pretty dissapointed in my lack of willpower
KaPuka, so many of us have been down this road so many times. We've all had our slips, both with alcohol and otherwise. The important thing is that you learn from it, plant your feet on a good path, and move forward.

What is your plan? And what needs to change from what you were doing before?
Old 01-13-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Are you doing anything besides SR Dorito?

D
I go to online AA meetings (chat rooom format not with video or anything) and am apart of a big book study on ***** groups, but that's it.
Going to public AA meetings could be detrimental to my career unfortunately.
You guys have any suggestions?
Old 01-13-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

also checkin in to say no drink tonight.....even though fridays is what i fear the most...........will start again tomorrow when i wake with a clear head and a good feelin,,
Old 01-13-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many of us have been there KaPuka - it's really hard sometimes to change our lives.
I think the key, like WantTo Heal says, is having a plan.

What have you been doing so far to stay sober?
Can you think of things to add to that?

You can do this - one slip is not the battle lost

D
Old 01-13-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

So tomorrow will be a week since my last drink! Feeling good, physically. It's nice to be able to actually sleep through the night!
I am taking the magic pill antabuse so I know I'll be sober this weekend! I am joking about it being a magic pill, its anything but that, actually. It is like anything, it works if used properly. So right now I am focusing on taking it every.
I hope you all too, have a sober weekend. I know, weekends are the hardest, or they were for me.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I go to online AA meetings (chat rooom format not with video or anything) and am apart of a big book study on ***** groups, but that's it.
Going to public AA meetings could be detrimental to my career unfortunately.
You guys have any suggestions?
I didn't go to AA either - but what you said made me laugh (at myself)...

I used to say that too - I never once thought how being a drunk was pretty detrimental to my career too... LOL

There's many different approaches and methods of recovery around, Dorito - here's some links to some of the main players:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach, too

D
Old 01-13-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks The weekdays I am ok with just the weekends I struggle with now. So it's not all bad news I guess, thanks for your support Purplecat/Wanttoheal/Dee74

I am pretty new to actually planning anything. I've started on the drug Campral, and during the week have been going to the gym or running at the times I would normally go to the pub. It's on the weekends, though that I struggle , if someone offers a glass of wine or a beer I struggle and say no, and eventually think , ok I will have one (but as we all know, that doesn't work, still I do it!) Any ideas?

Last night I was at this bar I play music in on a Friday. Last week I didn't have anything, last night I ordered a glass without thinking, and now pretty hungover and frustrated. More frustrated, the hangover I can deal with!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

What are some of the tips anyone would use in social situations to keep off the alcohol when you get the urge for 'just one'?
Old 01-13-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi KaPuka,

I'm glad you're back at working on your recovery.

To be honest, I avoided social situations where alcohol was present for a long time, many months. I had to do that in order to stay sober.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

It helps me to remember where one drink gets me...to more drinks, and then on to very bad places and things.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Oops, double post. Sorry!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Kapuka, Just think, before you might not have thought that there was a problem but now you realize the need to stop and you will but one step at a time. Be kind to yourself and treat yourself to something you love ( ice cream is my choice). Day 13 for me and when my booze brain starts talking I just remember where alcohol brought me and it was never to a good place. God Bless.