Notices

Class of January 2012 Part 2

Old 01-26-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Went for my walk and feel a little better. I walked by or near a Liquor store, a grocery store, a pharmacy, 3 Mom & Pop stores and they all sell wine!! Oh, and don't forget the new cute bar with the sign out front that says "Cheap beer is the proof that God wants us to be happy" I'm surrounded by wine but I know I can't drink it, sigh. 24 days for me.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Katrinka you are such an inspiration. Congratulations on your success. I was in a funk yesterday but had no desire to drink. Woke up today feeling so much better. Had to grocery shop today. Did not, for the first time in years, go down the alcohol aisle. Tomorrow will be two full weeks. SR is such a big part of my resolve - thank you for being part of SR (((hugs)))
Old 01-26-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

hang in there Katrinka & and anyone else trudging today - it will get easier
congrats Fube

and I hope you called your Dr aeo

D
Old 01-26-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Twelve days for me. I know I would not have made it this far without SR. Participating here helps me calm the "one beer won't kill you voices" and I thank all of you for that. Happy Thursday People.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

End Of day 14, feel very bad with this bug/cold, plus a few cravings on top

friend genuinely looked at me like I was insane today when I told him i was done with Alcohol "For Ever" His look has made me more determined with this than ever.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

feel better DD

D
Old 01-26-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Day four coming to a close, and I am so grateful and hopeful. For all the people talking about not prepping before bed - I can relate a million times over. I'm going to get a manicure now anytime I even think of getting a drink Looking forward to a new day tomorrow and waking up without dread and shame. All the best to all of you.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Day 26 for me..I have had no energy today at all ...really not any in the last few weeks just been dragging myself thru the day. Can't tell if its winter blahs/boredom or not drinking I just have no interest in much~~~sorry for being blah.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me. Still feeling the dread and shame, as events are still so recent and makes me feel a little sick.... Looking forward to how proud I will be of myself after some more time. Can't wait for 30 days, and thankful that I have all of you here in the meantime.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Meow

Welcome Sunny27, WestEndGirl and Kat4184!!!

Roll Call - 130!

ACT10Npack.....aeo1313.....Alana1.. ...alaskasunshine.....allbrian.....AmyLouise. ....ARTEMIS2011
b18sol6.....Balerie.....Baloo.....Bizooky.....Blue EyedBoy..... boblardo.....Bombshell.....BoozeFree
Cali013.....Candi25.....Cardinalfan.....Chicago321 9.....chrisb245.....Creekryder.....curbed.....curl yred
DarkDays.....Dataminer74.....Dazee.....Deschain... ..dill.....DoneDying.....dorito281211
ee1979.....Emma18.....endlesspatience
faceitandfixit.....Fdm.....FisherAccount... ..Flamingredhair.....Frisky.....FourSeasons... ..Fubarcdn
Gifford.....gippy1968.....GoMan
H2only.....Happyfeet.....HenryKrinkle.....hotchoc
iceteaplease.....ILoveLucy.....Imperium.....Innerc hild
Jallen83.....James1983.....JayAngel.....jiggery... ..joeboy.....JulyBabe.....justhadenough.....jwolf
KaPuka.....Kat4184.....katrinka.....keltie.....kla .....krimpoo
lifeanew.....lifewithout.....LivingOutLoud.... .Lost3000.....losteverything.....Loualsinder.....L uckyGirl99.. ...lushly.....Luweez
MagnifiedStar.....mah.....Marius76.....Marria..... Michell.....mttwls n16.....MustStop
needtostop1.....nel68.....nexttime.....newleaves20 12.....nonblondechef
ontherightpath.....ownmybehavior
PaddyB.....PowerOfMind.....PurpleCat.....Purplecat lover
quitforme79
robc33.....Rugby8
samwitch......Sarah1414........Scarletrose........ scrambled2012.....SD777.. ...SentencedToLife.....Shackles.....slackie. ....snackycakes.....Snooper.....
SoCalDude.....Straykatz.....stevie88.....Stretz... ..Strytone28.. . ..Sunny27.....SunSailor59
TallWater.....tammygirl.....tanja.....Teaplease... ..TempeBrenn.....tgif... ..TheOldMe.....timetochange.....
timetotry1.... .tootall.....trevesty.....tthornyone
wanab3.....WantToHeal.....watsonc.....WestEndGirl. ....Westiegirl12 3.....whitehorses
Old 01-27-2012, 01:44 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Day 15 ! Cravings, Iam waiting to destroy you today !
Old 01-27-2012, 01:52 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Ok, wrapping up another evening (4 really long days). I enjoyed a long walk outside today and took the time to remember and focus on all of the things in my life that I have to be grateful for. I found so many reasons why I shouldn't allow alcohol to take these blessings away from me. I was doing well until I walked past the "cold beer" sign and considering how thirsty I was, I guess it began my wheels turning. I kept the demons at bay for a while longer. Then, later in the evening, I text messaged my husband (who promised his support) with the message "I really want a glass of wine". I'm not sure why I wrote that... I don't know if I was looking for a voice of reason from him, something like, "Honey, you are doing great without drinking... Keep it up". But I admit I was pretty surprised by his reply, "Go ahead Honey, you deserve it". I now have concrete evidence that he just doesn't understand what I'm battling with. In a way, his response helped me.... It kind of jolted me back into 'my reality'... The place where I listen to my inner voice and not the voice that tricks, taunts and tempts me to drink. So, this evening comes to a close and I can check the box marked 'sober'.
BTW... One of the things that I found myself being grateful for was this group... So thank you... All of you.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:43 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Pa**ot Momma

Good for you Lucy!! You listened to the real you not the alcoholic you!!

Good Job!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Resident

Good for you Lucy.
Don't be too hard on your husband. I am sure he is walking on egg shells as you start this journey and really wants to say what he thinks you want to hear even though he probably does not get it. I am guessing you have been a little irritable to him.
It might help if you tell him the response you want from that type of question and in that way he will be able to give you what you need instead of what he thinks you want to hear.
Us men are not too bright don't you know.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:55 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah lots of my loved ones don't get it Lucy - they mean well I think - after all they can have that one glass of wine and stop...we can't.

D
Old 01-27-2012, 03:55 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Fdm

The dawn of Day 6 for me. It's Friday, so instead of celebrating the weekend, I think I'll go grocery shopping after work. Maybe I'll go shooting tomorrow afternoon for my weekend entertainment.

Nice to see everyone hanging in there, and some new members joining!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:02 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

another 500 posts or so...time for a thread to spare our overworked servers

I don't think we've ever had a part 3 in one month before

Just a reminder part three will cease to be the current month thread soon and will move over to Daily Support forum on the 1st of February so try and remember that

part three is here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

D