Notices

Class of January 2012 Part 2

Old 01-14-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Day 13 for me here! Talked to a few friends early this morning who know what I'm going through. They're "normal" drinkers, but are still supportive of my efforts nonetheless. It helped, it really did.

I think it's going to be a good weekend. As I mentioned in a post on another thread, I'll be doing a lot of cleaning and organizing, and trying to clear out some of the crap that has collected in my life, physically and emotionally. What's the line from Fight Club..."the things you own end up owning you".

I know a lot of you have problems with the weekends. As a former everyday drinker, the weekends never seemed all that different from any other days. Now they're starting to regain a special purpose and meaning, for me at least.

Hang in there all! Keep moving forward!
Old 01-14-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aeo1313 View Post
Day 4. Was only able to get 3.5 hours of sleep last night. My brain would not stop! Also, awful stomach bowel issues. Not sure if wd or illness, but annoying nonetheless
I had the same problems but at about 7-8 days everything got back to normal. Water, water, water that seems to help too. Best of luck!!
Old 01-14-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post
it's such a wonderful feeling to wake up on Saturday morning without a hangover and feeling good about the day ahead rather than wasting the day
I couldn't have said this any better!! Day 14 for me too and feeling strong and proud. Have a great weekend! you will all be in my thoughts and prayers!!
Have a blessed day!!
Old 01-14-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Day 14...still going strong..i know i wont drink today, thats enough for now.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I am happy to be part of this thread! Day 7 for me! Have not been alcohol free for about a year. Very proud of myself
Old 01-14-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Resident

Darkdays

Today will be two weeks for me and for the rest of the New Years Revolutioners.

It will be tough for me to resist going to the bar since my wife is away for the day. I need to get some other interests for occasions like this this time around. It is too bad that I am too LAZY to do that. I am somewhat adverse to change.
Anyways have a great day everyone and as always stay positive.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, Happy Saturday! It's great to not be obsessed with alcohol anymore(well, most of the time!)

Everything seems less of a problem or a hassle. Still have issues/problems, but feel like I'm better equiped to handle them now that I'm more clear-headed.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi all ,
Day 21 for me .
Feeling very up and down emotionally today , worse day so far and think I am really getting on peoples nerves and sressing them out . I just seem to find everything difficult and I don't know this new sober person that I am now?
Anyway stay strong A.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Day 14. Woke up in a way better mood compared to last night. Not too much going on today, just relaxing and watching some tv.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone who commented after Friday night's disaster! Feel better after reading them, big help!!
Went to the movies and went out with a friend for dinner in a restaurant/bar and a had a lemonade, then home to watch dvd's, so good effort for a SSaturday night. My cat likes me being home more!

All the friends I have here in Australia (New Zealand is home) live locally and all meet up at the pub, so it's not realistic to avoid being there, but once you start on a non alcoholic drink I'm fine, I guess I only really need 5 minutes of will power when I arrive. Order a lemonade first thing and it's fine for the night! Wanttoheal/Dee, that's my new Friday/Saturday plan, as you'd asked earlier on During the week is easy for me with the gym, sport and movie night. Think this time I will be more successful and quit FOR GOOD! (That sounds seriously cool!)
Old 01-14-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

welcome darkdays...
Old 01-14-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Evening all.

We made it to Class of January part 2! Congrats to everyone for hanging in there. Day 8 for me and feeling pretty damn good for it. First weekend I can remember without a hangover.

Checking in for roll call with a smile : )
Old 01-14-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Meow

Welcome LuckyGirl99 - glad you are joining us!

Roll call is coming to you from snowy western Michigan, where for the first time ever PurpleCat is at a youth sports tournament hotel and not drinking. Nobody is - these bowling parents aren't anything like hockey parents, not that I'm complaining. Makes things much easier for me.

Roll Call - 87 strong and powerful members!

ACT10Npack.....aeo1313.....Alana1.....alaskasunshi ne.....AmyLouise.....ARTEMIS2011
Balerie.....Baloo.....Bizooky.....BlueEyedBoy..... Bombshell.....BoozeFree
Cali013.....Candi25.....Cardinalfan.....Chicago321 9.....chrisb245.....curbed.....curlyred
DarkDays.....Deschain.....DoneDying.....dorito2812 11
ee1979.....Emma18.....endlesspatience
faceitandfixit.....Fdm.....FisherAccount.....Flami ngredhair.....Frisky.....FourSeasons.....Fubarcdn
H2only.....HenryKrinkle.....hotchoc
iceteaplease.....Imperium.....Innerchild
Jallen83.....James1983.....jiggery.....JulyBabe... ..justhadenough
KaPuka.....kla
lifeanew.....lifewithout.....LivingOutLoud.....Los t3000.....losteverything.....LuckyGirl99lushly
mah.....Marius76.....Michell.....mttwlsn16
needtostop1.....newleaves2012
PaddyB.....PowerOfMind.....PurpleCat
quitforme79
Rugby8
samwitch.....Sarah1414.....Scarletrose.....SD777.. ...SentencedToLife.....Shackles.....slackie.....Sn ooper.....SoCalDude.....stevie88.....Strytone28
TallWater.....TheOldMe.....timetochange.....timeto try1.....too.tall.....trevesty.....tthornyone
wanab3.....WantToHeal.....watsonc.....Westiegirl12 3.....whitehorses
Old 01-15-2012, 12:11 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Another day sober down. I was invited to go to a bar but thought it might be a bad idea so had a mellow night instead. Glad I did, I would've been to tempted to drink at the bar. Plus I have a lot of studying and stuff to do tomorrow.

Our class sure is getting big! Thanks for doing the role calls purplecat
Old 01-15-2012, 01:39 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Day 3 and feel totally ok, I made my mind up at 4am on that lonely intoxicated walk back from the hospital that I was done with drinking for ever.

I know quit stages and feelings as I have put so many mini quits ( longest 4 months) in that its like same ole at same ole time.

Yesterday I spent thinking about many of the occasions where totally pissed I have embarrassed and upset my wife in front of other people and randomly upset anyone I felt was fair game under the guise of being some kind of comedian. Drinking 30 years since I was 14, truly horrendous that I have never really experienced living a normal life in a drug free normal body , apart from short stints here and there.

This is so exciting, I really think I Have had some kind of Epiphany.

Have a nice sober day all.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:55 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DarkDays View Post
Day 3 and feel totally ok, I made my mind up at 4am on that lonely intoxicated walk back from the hospital that I was done with drinking for ever.

I know quit stages and feelings as I have put so many mini quits ( longest 4 months) in that its like same ole at same ole time.

Yesterday I spent thinking about many of the occasions where totally pissed I have embarrassed and upset my wife in front of other people and randomly upset anyone I felt was fair game under the guise of being some kind of comedian. Drinking 30 years since I was 14, truly horrendous that I have never really experienced living a normal life in a drug free normal body , apart from short stints here and there.

This is so exciting, I really think I Have had some kind of Epiphany.

Have a nice sober day all.
I drank for 20 years and after 12 months of sobriety it's like walking on water You're on the right path, stay strong.

Day 2 again for me again. The will-power is gone for good I suspect. I've been to AA and I can't deal with it. I used this site in the past, and it helped me remain sober for two years. This time it just seems so much more difficult. What's ironic is that I have much more to lose in a relapse than I have in the past.

You're all inspirational btw.

T
Old 01-15-2012, 02:02 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Day 8 completed. Getting a bit anti social with friends, not really in the same mode they are. Feels uncomfortable and a bit untrusting for some reason. Otherwise good day.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:08 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Deadpool couldn't drink.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:15 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Never say never TallWater - I fought and fell for 15 years - but I got there in the end.
If AA's not your thing, have you looked at anything else?

D
Old 01-15-2012, 02:25 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Never say never TallWater - I fought and fell for 15 years - but I got there in the end.
If AA's not your thing, have you looked at anything else?

D
Thank you D

I was in secular and looked at some things, but nothing ever clicked. I felt like a locomotive, after having enough time to say no and be sober, then the steel veered off a lil and the locomotive smashed itself into a canyon. The will is the most powerful force we possess as individuals. How is it that once we let a single action in the physical realm take hold it bonds us to a force that isn't salubrious?

I mostly think of hemlock in those moments of insatiability.

T