Notices

Class of November 2011

Old 11-15-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Just signed up and was lucky enough to see this first post. Struggling for sure this month. Just pissed away a year of sobriety. Going back to a detox unit and start again. The fear of seizures is my biggest nightmare. With my history, its almost certain.
Appreciate there is a forum like this.
Thanks....Vet
Old 11-15-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Day 11

Feeling so at peace. Am not going to have that battle today over a run to the liquor store. Just not going to go there. Yesterday I finally confronted the two men in my life that cause me most of my grief. My ex husband, who likes to correspond via email and texting. He says mean and nasty things to me, calling me names, reminding me that I am a drunk, telling me he is taking me to court. ETC. So I told him, I have blocked your email and your wifes email adress, and will not recieve text messages either. Told him if he wants to talk he needs to pick up the phone. Very empowering. As a matter of fact, he has been dictating things to me ever since our divorce 6 years ago. The tables have finally turned. Feels good. I can't count how many resentments stemmed from his emails, which led to drinking. NO MORE! I am cutting away everything in my life that ever led to a resentment. Including my live in b/f. I am not breaking up with him, but told him, yesterday, I am not going to play the role of wife and step mom any longer without a ring on my finger. Very empowering, feels good. Told him I would rather be sober without him than live with him and my resentment.

well it's FREEZING, the high temp will be 11 degrees today. BRRRR. Why do I live here?
Hope you are all sober and warm.
Welcome to our newest members, glad you are on board!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Great job alaskasunshine - really. Sounds like he's held the reins for WAY too long.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:20 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Hi All.... I better start checking this in the evenings also.... by the time I read what's going on, I don't have time to say much since I'm at work
But day 5 and doing good.

Really impressed by everyone here and glad to be a part of the group. Great job everyone!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Glad to have another Michigan man aboard, too. I avoided deer camp this year, it is usually a lot of drinking, cards, and very little hunting, so I thought it was best to skip this year. If they are truly your friends they will accept the new you, if not then you are probably better off without them. Good luck hunting and with the dry celebration if you get the big one.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:50 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Class of November 2011 I am on Day 4!!!!!!!!!! So excited for this!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Tea Drinker

Wow so many new classmates, it's getting hard to keep up! Welcome to you all And hello on Day 3 to everyone. I can't tell you how much it's helping to read all your posts, it's really giving me strength and extra motivation. I like hearing about what you're all getting up to with your sober time, and just knowing I'm not alone helps enormously. I had no idea how much support was here - thank you all.
My day has been mixed - had to drag myself out of bed to go to work as feeling unwell, stomach pains, running back and forward to the bathroom, nausea, aches and pains. But it helps to keep busy as a distraction and think sticking with my normal working day is a good thing - have learned today and yesterday that no matter how stressed I get, it does pass if I let it just take it's course instead of 'medicating' what are, after all, normal feelings. I can deal with things better with a clear head - who knew? Hope you're all well and sober tonight
Old 11-15-2011, 11:13 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine View Post
Feeling so at peace. Am not going to have that battle today over a run to the liquor store. Just not going to go there. Yesterday I finally confronted the two men in my life that cause me most of my grief. My ex husband, who likes to correspond via email and texting. He says mean and nasty things to me, calling me names, reminding me that I am a drunk, telling me he is taking me to court. ETC. So I told him, I have blocked your email and your wifes email adress, and will not recieve text messages either. Told him if he wants to talk he needs to pick up the phone. Very empowering. As a matter of fact, he has been dictating things to me ever since our divorce 6 years ago. The tables have finally turned. Feels good. I can't count how many resentments stemmed from his emails, which led to drinking. NO MORE! I am cutting away everything in my life that ever led to a resentment. Including my live in b/f. I am not breaking up with him, but told him, yesterday, I am not going to play the role of wife and step mom any longer without a ring on my finger. Very empowering, feels good. Told him I would rather be sober without him than live with him and my resentment.

well it's FREEZING, the high temp will be 11 degrees today. BRRRR. Why do I live here?
Hope you are all sober and warm.
Welcome to our newest members, glad you are on board!!!
wow Alaska!! Go you!! What the hell is your x hubbies problem, why does he still torment you?? Anyway, you made the right decision, why should you put up with his non sense anymore! Good for you .
I see you live in Anchorage, Alaska, on of my fav songs ever is Michelle Shocked, Anchorage, do you know it? It always makes me feel a little sad tho its a great song.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Ok guys and gals,im gonna jump in here...I was in the class of august,september and october but fell off the waggon mid october and since then i have been back to my 15 pints of beer a day way of life.....This last week i have been cutting down and tommorow is gonna be my day 1 again.....Really gotta go for it this time as my wife and me are expecting our 3rd baby in 8 weeks time....Hope i will be welcome in this group and will update you all every day as from tommorow...
Old 11-15-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hi Stevie, 15 pints a day! Bloody hell! kids arent cheap you know, the money could be spent better spent than on 15 pints! Welcome abord!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

struggling here big time folks, dont know why. Bought four cans when out shopping , they are in my car, dont know whether to throw them down the sink or my neck.......x
Old 11-15-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Tea Drinker

Originally Posted by lovinit41 View Post
struggling here big time folks, dont know why. Bought four cans when out shopping , they are in my car, dont know whether to throw them down the sink or my neck.......x
You are one of the most positive people in here, and you know how you'll feel tomorrow if you have them. Don't throw all your hard work away - just for tonight - stick with it. x

Ps Can I ask you a personal question? What are your top 3 reasons for wanting to be sober?
Old 11-15-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

health, good example to my kids, especially my daughters and weight! Thanks Meg, they are going down the sink now.
I will be back when thats done. Thank you for reminding me xxx
Old 11-15-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Stevie!!!!

Hey there, we've been board hopping together since August! This has GOT to be it. November is our month, I just know it!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Tea Drinker

health, good example to my kids, especially my daughters and weight! Thanks Meg, they are going down the sink now.
I will be back when thats done. Thank you for reminding me xxx

Fantastic, well done! See - you had the answer to your own question all along. You have it in you to do this. Proud of you, Meg x
Old 11-15-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

I praying that you leave those alone....
Old 11-15-2011, 01:02 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

drink gone down the sink......thanks Meg. Going to have to be more careful with myself and not listen to the 'drink dialogue' in my head! Honestly, it comes out of nowhere, was feeling fine all day! Partners annoying me a bit but sure thats normal..lol! Putting the kids to bed, will be on later. Thanks again xxx
Old 11-15-2011, 01:03 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

thx Fraggy xx
Old 11-15-2011, 01:13 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Wow Lovinit...how did you DO it...just poured it out? Good girl!
So that song, Anchorage, I had to go listen to it as its been years. In the song she says she is " Anchored down in Anchorage" ...okay, thats me, I'm anchored. Damn it.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

lovinit41 - you scared me - don't do that again...

great job dumping them

Hang in there it will get better (it has to)