View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
alaskasunshine

Day 11

Feeling so at peace. Am not going to have that battle today over a run to the liquor store. Just not going to go there. Yesterday I finally confronted the two men in my life that cause me most of my grief. My ex husband, who likes to correspond via email and texting. He says mean and nasty things to me, calling me names, reminding me that I am a drunk, telling me he is taking me to court. ETC. So I told him, I have blocked your email and your wifes email adress, and will not recieve text messages either. Told him if he wants to talk he needs to pick up the phone. Very empowering. As a matter of fact, he has been dictating things to me ever since our divorce 6 years ago. The tables have finally turned. Feels good. I can't count how many resentments stemmed from his emails, which led to drinking. NO MORE! I am cutting away everything in my life that ever led to a resentment. Including my live in b/f. I am not breaking up with him, but told him, yesterday, I am not going to play the role of wife and step mom any longer without a ring on my finger. Very empowering, feels good. Told him I would rather be sober without him than live with him and my resentment.

well it's FREEZING, the high temp will be 11 degrees today. BRRRR. Why do I live here?
Hope you are all sober and warm.
Welcome to our newest members, glad you are on board!!!