Notices

Class of August 2011

Old 08-03-2011, 08:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Little under 3 months is pretty impressive! Day 5 - nice work! I'm only on day 2 but feeling good about it. My record is only 2-3 days, key for me is accountability and this site is giving me that. Especially since no one else really knows what I"m attempting (except the husband who's going through the same thing so would be persuadable).

I feel slightly irritable and like I just want to be alone - going for a walk - exercise is healthy! CHeck in tomorrow for day 3!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~sb

Stevie, you are drinking, you probably dialed incorrectly. I'd give you the washington dc area number, but you are in front of a computer and can locate numbers around the world.

Don't want to hear drunken talk. Why would you need them? If you want hospital detox call again

Unless you need to find a meeting...(not sure
Old 08-03-2011, 09:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Good on ya PREGHOPEFUL! A month and a half that was in intensive outpatient. The rest was around when my father-in-law died so I was sober for my husband and family more than myself. Realizing that sobriety is for me and everyone else just reaps a fraction of the benefits I reap is key! Today was a little rough but i'm exercising as well. Good luck and get those natural endorphins flowing.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
~sb

Stevie, good luck with getting through on phone. We can locate meetings or send people to take you to hospital. We will listen, but we won't tie up the line with drunkin bantor. Don't blame AA you already started drinking. Want my USA number?
Old 08-03-2011, 09:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Stevie, you can't be pissed that they didn't answer the phone and use that as an excuse to keep going on. So you made a mistake. Stop now and start moving forward or keep digging that hole. Pour out the poison, forgive yourself and start putting one foot in front of the other. You can do it. You already did. Get help from the doc but if you feel you have a 2 day block just think about 2 day blocks all strung together. It's okay.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Welcome all August members! Best of luck to you all, you are all very inspiring.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

In a few hours, it will have been 7 days since my last drink. Wow. That went by quickly but not easily.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations dG!

D
Old 08-04-2011, 12:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Its my 3rd day now.. its not easy, but knowing as long as i have SR and counseling i can make it!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:35 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread Suresh

D
Old 08-04-2011, 01:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Keep up the hard work! Really glad to be a part of the class of August 2011.

It's reaching the end of day two for me. I tipped out my secret stash this afternoon and am looking forward to day three. I've already got the little voice inside me saying just a couple of drinks tomorrow won't hurt so I think I'll be posting on here a lot tomorrow to distract myself.

Good luck everyone!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Good Morning Everyone! Hope the night was good to you all!

Welcome to DG, SB1, Josh, Suresh and GIT!!! Our group is growing early.... wonderful stuff.

GIT.... good job getting rid of the 'secret stash'... don't need it

Suresh.... yeah, counseling helps and SR is a life-saver. This is a wonderful place to be.

ejosh.... thanks for the encouragement

DG - Awesome on the 7 days!! Of course you're welcome here, just like I'm still welcome in July and in last October
Yeah, I actually went almost 8 months my first stint on SR. Stupid decision - thinking I'd be okay led to my demise.

Day 4 here and kicking strong. Emotions waking up - anxiety up a bit, but that's to be expected. Anxiety feels a lot like cravings.... something to keep in mind. Once I get settled down, voila cravings not there...

Dee - funky avatar -- just wish I could look at it long enough to figure out what/who it is

Let's have a sober and clean Thursday everyone.... We can do this. Just for today. You in?
Old 08-04-2011, 04:41 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Really4Real View Post
Let's have a sober and clean Thursday everyone.... We can do this. Just for today. You in?
I'm in of course! Its gonna be already 8pm here and i'm looking forward for day 4!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Ok first off i want to apologize for my drunken,self pitying posts last night,i feel very ashamed and emmbarrased....Second off i just got back from the docs,she was a waste of time....I told her i needed help to detox and all she said was cut down drinking slowly...I said no,i need to stop now and all she did was make me an appointment to go and get assessed next week...NEXT BLOODY WEEK,i could be bloody dead by then...She wouldnt prescribe anything for my stomach pains....a complete waste of time....So at the end of the day,im gonna have to try and detox myself again....
Old 08-04-2011, 05:52 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Ok first off i want to apologize for my drunken,self pitying posts last night,i feel very ashamed and emmbarrased....Second off i just got back from the docs,she was a waste of time....I told her i needed help to detox and all she said was cut down drinking slowly...I said no,i need to stop now and all she did was make me an appointment to go and get assessed next week...NEXT BLOODY WEEK,i could be bloody dead by then...She wouldnt prescribe anything for my stomach pains....a complete waste of time....So at the end of the day,im gonna have to try and detox myself again....
I dont think there is a reason to apologize as we're all in the same boat here, just for some, like me, the boat has just started sailing and for others, the boat has been sailing a long time now. Just try to take it easy, for me its a day at a time, for others its an hour or a minute at a time. Find which one is best for you and the most important thing is, we are here to help one another!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:59 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
~sb

Congrats to al!

Stevie, ya gotta make the call BEFORE you drink. Call aa # now and ask for numbers now so you can call first! You can quit!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:08 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey guys I have been phsycologically dependant on alcohol for three years and in the last couple of months have slowly started going a couple of days free of alcohol. I went 5 days in June and have now set myself the goal of 14 days straight (If I manage it I hope to go further). I am on my 4th day of no drinking and feel marvelous!!! No more guilt I started by coincidence on August 1st and my ambition is to 3 months and then keep drinking to special occasions only (if I can - I'm not sure if I am strong enough to keep it at all.) My partner has been very supportive and has agreed that we will no longer keep alcohol in the house. However at the moment he is also phsycologically dependant (although to a much lesser degree - he usually only has one drink a night) and I have had a couple of hairy moments knowing he is drinking in the house. But thankfully I have stuck to my orange juice and lemonade and stuck to my convictions I WILL NOT DRINK!!! 4 days and counting

Last edited by EowynsElixure; 08-04-2011 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Posted to soon
Old 08-04-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Congrats to al!

Stevie, ya gotta make the call BEFORE you drink. Call aa # now and ask for numbers now so you can call first! You can quit!
I have spoke to them this morning,all they said was get to a meet,i really wanted the doc to give me something to help me whilst i de-tox,looks like i got a few sleepless nights to look forward to....
Old 08-04-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EowynsElixure View Post
Hey guys
Welcome matey...
Old 08-04-2011, 06:20 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Well done to everyone traveling the same upwards path!!! We can do it