SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of August 2011 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/233278-class-august-2011-a.html)

Really4Real 08-03-2011 11:06 AM

Class of August 2011

Ok, so I figured out how to do this (thanks VC). Let's go Augustites!

Englishrose70 08-03-2011 11:24 AM

Good work R4R but dont forget us Julians! lol

Really4Real 08-03-2011 12:18 PM

No worries about forgetting you Julians... I still 'remember' my October group also ;) This is the last month I'm joining though, because I'm not going to need any future ones!!

Hooped 08-03-2011 12:39 PM

Well I'd like to get in here early this month
.:herewego

I'm Hooped.
I'm an alcoholic and I can never drink again.
If you are like me, neither can you.

Only on day 2 here (yet again) and Ive had several good bouts with sobriety... right up to 6 months in fact... but lately the triggers proved too much and I caved.

I have my program set up.

Counselling, AA meetings, lots of reading material, vitimins, juice maker.

I'm hoping to become a member of the August Crew and make it sucessfully with you folks right to the end.
:nanarock

stevie88 08-03-2011 12:46 PM

I vowed to quit august 1st,i managed 2 days but was trying to do it solo...Didnt work as im drinking now....Really want to quit and im going docs tomorow for assistance.....Must be bad as i never ask for help....

Hooped 08-03-2011 12:49 PM

Gong to the Doc is a good idea Stevie.

Really4Real 08-03-2011 01:03 PM

Welcome Hooped and Stevie!

I'm also an alcoholic.... one drink is too many. August 1st was my first day.... again. Tried the July group - longest I lasted was 8 days... tried last October's group and lasted almost 8 months.
Bad to think even for a second that we can only have a couple and be ok.... not even one.

Glad you're going to the doc Stevie.... that will help!

We're all in this together -- we CAN do this!! We have to. This is life - alcohol is death.... of dreams, of family, of our minds, of our bodies. It's death.

I'll check in later tonight.... will be away from a computer for several hours. Stay strong :Squat:

Hooped 08-03-2011 01:10 PM

Yeah it is a matter of life and death.

I've been warned by a professional it will kill me if I don't stop.

Yesterday I was reminiscing about a half a dozen people I've known in my life who are now dead due to drinking and they were not old.
They were all very nice people too and they died much too young...some very horribly.
Scary, serious stuff.

Here's to a better life!

PREGHOPEFUL 08-03-2011 01:13 PM

Hi All - glad someone started a group for our month of success! I'm on day 2. Was going to start on the first but the long weekend didn't help! I can quit 2-3 days but usually find day 3 and 4 the hardest so prepping in advance this time by making a list of things I need and want to do.

That whole 1 drink you can handle is bull. One drink leads to "i can handle 2" leads to "wow I dont' really feel it so will finish this bottle" which goes to "humm I'll just have one more glass from another bottle" The result is sitting outside thinking "Tomorrow I won't drink - I really need to stop this..." :) Soooo I'm in the same boat - no drinks.

I never want to wake up thinking I'm slowing killing myself a little more each night.

Good luck everyone and I'm glad for this site and for the support we can provide each other.

stevie88 08-03-2011 01:25 PM

Just tried ringing my local AA,no answer.....Unless i speak with someone im gonna carry on drinking....I was 2 days sober and now im pissed off..

Hooped 08-03-2011 01:32 PM

It's not easy Stevie.
Myself if I've started drinking there is no way in Hell I can stop.
Unless you can pour it out right now maybe just keep it to a dull roar till you get to the doctor.
I am going to the chat room if you wanna talk.

Want2BMe 08-03-2011 01:40 PM

Hi everybody,

I want August to be my month of success too! I began on the 1st but not really on purpose...just good timing. :-) I am just tired of waking up feeling like crap, forgetting what I talked about with so-and-so last night, and most of all not feeling healthy. I have tried to quit a few times before with no luck. So I hope that posting, along with some reading and other support, will finally put me on a long road to health and a life lived by ME and not my dull drunken self!

PREGHOPEFUL 08-03-2011 01:42 PM

Hey Stevie - Sounds like you're in a hard moment. I'm on day 2 too, it's hard sometimes. Understand the pissed off feeling. Is there anyone else you can call?

Zebra1275 08-03-2011 02:51 PM

Best of luck to the August class of 2011.

I'm a member of the August class of 2009 and we are still an active group. I hope you guys can do the same.

Dee74 08-03-2011 03:12 PM

Just tried ringing my local AA,no answer.....Unless i speak with someone im gonna carry on drinking....I was 2 days sober and now im pissed off..
Don't make ultimatums where you end up suffering Stevie - I used to do that too.

Just keep trying the number - maybe look online to see if it's changed, or if they have a web contact? :)

D

Dee74 08-03-2011 03:13 PM

I moved the thread from where it was guys - all new threads start in Newcomers forum so everyone can find it easily :)

glad to see so many people here working on the month already :)

D

Really4Real 08-03-2011 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by PREGHOPEFUL (Post 3058365)
I never want to wake up thinking I'm slowing killing myself a little more each night.

So true PH! Welcome!

Stevie -- it's hard the first few days.... emotions - especially anger can creep up fast... try not to give in. We're rooting for you!

Welcome to you also Want2! I really believe we can all do this together.

Thanks Zebra!!! Congrats to you!

Really4Real 08-03-2011 07:03 PM

Thanks Dee ;)

Really4Real 08-03-2011 07:15 PM

Hooped - yeah... I know when I can actually start feeling my liver aching -- then it's past time I stopped the nonsense.

3 Days is drawing to a close for me.

Good night my friends.

DisplacedGRITS 08-03-2011 08:30 PM

Hi! DisplacedGRITS here. My rebirth day was July 28 but I didn't discover this site until August. Am I in? I have tried stopping many times both with help. My longest period of sobriety was probably a little under 3 months. I've had luck with intensive outpatient treatment and total disaster with aftercare therapy (got kicked out). I've tried on my own but have never felt like this. By heart is open to sobriety, like my inner light has broken through the clouds. I feel that I have all of you to partially thank for this. I want to walk hand in hand with everyone to August 2012 and beyond!