Notices

Putting out a challenge

Old 03-09-2011, 05:40 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Recovering Alchie

Hey jersey your doing great I stay in bed sometimes but its better to choose to stay in bed then to have no choice because your wrecked.

Its day 10 for me !
Old 03-09-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Way to go Jersey!!!!!!!!!!! I spent my first 3 or 4 days on the couch or in the bed. It is what my body and mind needed. Finally after that, I went grocery shopping and have eaten like a pig ever since!! lol. The sleep WILL come soon...........it took awhile for me. I just went with it.........nothing I could do, so I stopped fighting it. I was used to seeing 2,3,4 in the morning.......drink lots and lots of water. Sports drinks if you can get some.....that will help flush all the toxins out of you.....I am pretty sure I was very, very dehydrated. Be kind to yourself.....it will get better....promise.

Well said Supercrew:
We can all drink if we choose to, but I don't want to anymore. You have to wrap your mind around the fact that as long as you want to drink this will stay hard. Change your mind set from wanting to drink and feel terrible to wanting to be sober and be happy.
Thinkn!! You are are wrong! It is a band playing occasion! See? Nice job, keep it going!

lol

Smudg? Day 11??
How are things going Lorraine??
Way to go on 10 Sez!

2 weeks for Wander!!!!!!!!!!
Nice job!!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine the money we are saving?

Well I am on sweet 16 today and I am sure happy about that as well as for all of you............have a good one today, MAKE it a good day.

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM!!!!!!

(Don't let the bastards bring you down.)
Old 03-09-2011, 05:52 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

I'm a few days ahead of some of you, but I'll throw out another challenge: catch me if you can!

1,...2,...3,...GO!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:56 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Well, do tell? What number are we shooting for dear friend? lol
Old 03-09-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hey, jersetomato, missed your post last last, but you just made my day!

Like Supercrew said, this isn't really about giving up alcohol—it's about getting back everything that you already gave up for alcohol. You're adding to your life, not subtracting. It just takes time. Like you guys, I slept terribly at first, and had no energy at all. Just keep going ODAAT—you should be really proud of youself!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:07 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Day 10.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Awesome thread. Pretty disappointed in myself. Drank last night after being so thankful that the way I felt the day before wasn't the case any longer. I was able to string together 4.5 months this past year, but wrecked it when I had an out of town friend come to visit, and slowly from there it went haywire. Made it through a seperation in October and promised to change my ways, and sadly, I've failed on that promise, but she's still at home loving me regardless, I owe her better than that, as well as my kids.

I'm to the point these days where I feel literally miserable every time I drink. I get anxiety some days from the hangover that's almost uncomfortable, but I make it through those days, and I've noticed that when I am finally able to string together 5+ days (yeah it still happens on occasion, lol) that all that goes away and I start feeling great again. Why, oh why do we still continue to opt for the lesser end of the stick??? Questions that we already have answers to going unanswered. lol. It's truly a tricky thing. Either way, here's to day one folks. Let's hope this one lasts again!!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

I'm in for the long haul, Scapilot, and if everyone locks arms together, there's no way we can fail. Call for help before lifting the jug.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Wander congrats on 2 weeks! Awesome. Good work to everyone here. This is proving to be tougher than I thought but I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end. Keep going everyone.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Moment of Conception

Originally Posted by Creekryder View Post
Call for help before lifting the jug.
""

...this thread is just enthused! Great support
Old 03-09-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

PAIN - groaaaaannnnnn.

I went to the gym...

I am in so much pain...

I think the only bits that don't hurt are my left ear and the tip of my right index finger (with which I am slowly typing this lol)

Keep it up guys, hey try the gym even - I am in far to much pain to go shopping for booze.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

good idea smudge.. I have been hitting the gym too, Tho apparently not as hard as you have. Maybe I need to step it up a little.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Today was an easier day then my last several. I think maybe because I knew I was hitting 2 weeks. (felt like an accomplishment). Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Lets keep it rolling. We've made it this far, no looking back now.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:20 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

LMAO smudg! I felt the same way yesterday except I was too tired to go shopping for booze lol. I did think about it but the thoughts lately are dispelled pretty quickly by thinking about the consequences. A few weeks ago it was autopilot to the liquor store. I have been pretty depressed lately and I made a doctors appointment to address that.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:03 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I am going to the gym as well, but starting it on the slower side....doing a little more each time. I do enjoy a nice steam in this dry winter weather. Get that heating pad out Smudg. lol.....

That's good you made an appt. with your doc about the depression Jersey....being proactive is great.

Scapilot, I hope you can find some tools to help you along in your battle....I know it's hard, but what kinds of things are you doing/changing to make it easier for you? You know if you stay the same path, you will get the same results.........sending good thoughts your way!

Mnl23, day 11 today? wtg! 11 for Sez!! woo hoo! 15 wander?? 12 for Smudg.........who is now drinking his food through a straw because he cannot move...lol.

Everyone else have a good one today. Stand firm!!

Day 17 checking out.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:26 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Day 15, By the looks of this thread some liquor stores are going out of business. I know my store is probably wondering where I am. Going from everyday to never, their probably sending out a search party.

This is pretty impressive. All of us are still making it, This is the longest I've gone in a decade, I owe a lot of that to you guys. Being able to vent has gotten me thru some tuff times.

Lets make today an easy one. Have a good one all
Old 03-10-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Made it through day one, no problem. Some people tend to think that first day is the hardest, for me, its quite the opposite. When you feel the way I felt yesterday and realize and are honest enough to stomach the reason why you feel that way, then it was pretty much a no brainer on my end. lol. Either way, congrats on everyone for pulling through another one. It's amazing what a powerful thing our bodies are at healing and repairing themselves. I figure I owe it to myself to keep pursuing it. The gym is a great work out tool for helping the body get back in shape, but also for the chemicals that are released from working out that actually stimulate the mind and body much like booze and drugs did. I know it sucks as you're pushing through it, but the benefits in the end are rewarding, and for as much as we have damaged ourselves through the stagger of alcoholism, I think it's the least we owe our bodies. You folks have a good day, and stick it out!!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:33 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Recovering Alchie

day 11, im feeling good, keep getting the "thoughts" but ive purposely spent all my money on bills and food so theres no chance of buying anything till next wednesday.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Editor

I want in. I love a challenge. Probably what got me where i am today. Anyways. On day 4 here. I absolutely love this place. I wish that I had something like this 20 years ago. My favorite beer company would have gone bankrupt a long time ago.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:57 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Welcome Lookinforward!