Notices

Class of October 2010 Sobriety Group

Old 10-28-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Welcome 13579! I like it - the 'odd' reference...

Hey lilac - wondering where you went when I didn't see you post on the fitness forum. B complex helped me with the nausea associated with withdrawals. Of course, I really am sick now and haven't a clue what's going on...

Happy Three Weeks, TJP We made it another week!!!!!!!

Much love guys.... wouldn't have made it this far without you!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:45 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Hey guys, almost 3 weeks this sat now, bin a testing tough week...weathered the storm thus far...and theres been moments of sheer tension/frustration were i could have had a bottle of wine, shakin off the remnants of this pesky flu..should be runnin on all cylinders real soon...sober an well, best of luck everyone.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Welcome GP'd! Good work!

Happy Three Weeks, TJP We made it another week!!!!!!!
Thank you, Really! Definitely a record for me I'm pretty proud of us!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:38 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Great going tjp and Really. 3 days for me - and will be there soon.

Keep the faith!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sarah78 View Post
Hey Everyone!

Well I slipped and drank 4 beers Friday night.Yup, I know, stupid. I know why I did and know what I need to do for me in order to not drink again and that is find a way to AA and start working the 12 steps. I KNOW that merely staying sober is not going to work, nor what i am looking for. The thing is, my stupid brain keeps trying to tell me I am not an alcoholic because I don't drink everyday or because I can control it at times etc..but deep down I know the pain it causes me and KNOW I have a problem with it, that is leaving it out of my life-for good.

I didn't really get much of a buzz and honestly in only hurt my stomach so it was sooo pathetically stupid. This evening I am seeing the doc. I think I may ask for a liver function test cause I am sick of worrying about it and know it is driving alot of my anxiety, thus leading to alot of stress in my life.

Friday the day I slipped was an awful day where I craved practically all day long, it was awful. Mental obsession they call it. I need help figuring this all out cause I certainly don't enjoy obsessing about having a few pints all day long, it really sucked. I should of logged on here though and like they say a relapse happens long before the actual drinking does.

So I am sorry for being vacant, but the shame kept me away. Though I did not experience a hangover of any sort and was pretty much sober going to bed that night, I deeply regretted it. I know deep down I want that sober date for keeps, but I think it's going to take much more then just posting here. Though, I am VERY thankful for SR, but after a year of simply only using that, I haven't been able to stay sober.

Ugh I am just soooooooooo sick of being this woman on SR who keeps slipping..I hate being this person. I see all these other folks who started out on here the same time I did and have all these months..It makes me feel like a loser quite honestly. I wish I could get back to CR as well (celebrate recovery) I was doing so much better 2 years ago because I had support. Doing this on your own is soo hard.

Anyways I had to admit this, because I feel like I need to be honest with y'all.

Happy Sober Monday.

Sarah
Sarah78, I've been away so am only catching up with what has happened with you. Goshy my heart really goes out to you and remember we are all only 1 drink away from doing the same thing. Dont worry so much about what date you start or the fact that you feel bad. The most important thing is that you realise you made a mistake and now you need to move on. I swear the last few days have been really difficult so it could have been any of us posting that 'we slipped'. You mind yourself and congrats on being sober TODAY!!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome 13579

Lilac..it may or may not be the flu - but please do go see your dr if you feel especially poorly or worried, ok?

well done to all you guys - this is a great thread!

D
Old 10-28-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Dismember

F$#@%!

No booze in my system, no withdrawal symptoms, and I completely puked lunch all over my carpet.

GFDI!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:09 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Count me in for the Oct group! Today is day 1
Old 10-28-2010, 04:27 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Icon

Hope you feel better Isaiah - I hate feeling sick like that.

D
Old 10-28-2010, 04:31 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Last drink, October 23rd 2010.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Administrator

cool readythistime!
Welcome to the thread

D
Old 10-28-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Drunk in Recovery

Lots of newcomers today -- great to see you all!! Welcome to readythistime, icon, GodPowered, and 13579.

@13579, you'll find you're in the company of a lot of other "odd" folks. It's one of the reasons why we drink, and one of the reasons why we can't stop drinking.

Just as long as you don't have a case of terminal uniqueness -- i.e., being so different from everybody else that the things that help "all those other alcoholics" just don't apply in your case. Some alcoholics are so busy being special and smarter than everyone else, they can jump right off the lifeboat of sobriety that keeps us recovered drunks from drowning.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:28 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Evening, everybody, and welcome to the new folks. Day 4 is coming to a close for me and I am sitting here at the computer sober! Thanks in great part to all of you and your words of encouragement and support, not just to me, but to each other.... it's incredibly helpful.

tjp - I tried going to two AA meetings this past Spring, but just decided I wanted to try other avenues. Then I kept drinking for the next few months and didn't look for other avenues, so...... I'm not opposed to going to AA, but my preference at this time is to continue seeking support on SR, and also to seek out someone, a dr., psychologist, psychiatrist, whatever, who specializes in recovery.

LookingForward - my plan, for the past 4 days that I haven't been drinking, has been to keep myself occupied, so I've been busy doing some home repair work, reading a lot, playing and listening to music, taking care of my dogs, and just generally trying to keep focused on doing things that I like to do, that are good for me, and that do not have anything to do with alcohol. My plan for tomorrow, and for the foreseeable future, is to log on to SR every morning when I wake up and every afternoon when I get home from work. That is my first line of defense right now. Just in these four short days, I've found that staying in daily contact with this community has been extremely helpful. Maybe you could make SR part of your daily routine..... Good luck.

Caribbean - Thanks for your suggestion. I did feel a slight twinge today when I was driving home after work, but it was easy to ignore -- today. I expect the urge will be stronger on some days, and that's when I will really need to exercise self-restraint, or discipline, or whatever it is I need to avoid the liquor store. Congratulations on your 4 weeks!

Wishing you all a pleasant and sober evening. I'll be on here first thing in the morning, to start my day off on the right foot.

"Recipe for happiness: an insatiable curiosity, a joy of discovery, quick to forgive, hold no grudges, love without condition, stay loyal to the death, see the best and ignore the rest - wow, we can learn a lot from man's best friend!"
~ Nick Bolletieri, tennis coach and founder of the Nick Bolletieri Tennis Academy
Old 10-28-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Isaiah - sorry to hear that! at least it wasn't alcohol coming back up OW. I recall many drunken nights vomiting profusely, then getting angry at myself for 'wasting that alcohol'. sigh.

welcome all who've just joined!

on day 5 now for me, beginning of a long weekend. feeling sleepy, but thankfully not sick.

couple highlights for me today:
1) had a work lunch I had to go to today, of course its at a bar that specializes in 1400 kinds of beer. while they all tried the different beers I happily enjoyed my iced tea (this is what broke my last streak - 'just one beer..')
2) being a long weekend, at the end of work I get that feeling of excitement - "weekend is here, time to buy a bottle and drink!". with SR and AA fresh in my mind this feeling quickly turned to a feeling of disgust.

13 - haha I just got it, welcome aboard
Old 10-28-2010, 06:46 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Guess I'll toss my hat in the ring with you Oct 2010 folks. Going to sleep instead of going comatose 5 nights in a row.... been a while since I have been able to say that.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:23 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Wow! Carribean, you're right, there are quite a few newcomers! This is exciting!

to SK57, Readythistime, Icon, and Godpowered! Three weeks and almost one day ago (since it's not midnight yet....) - I was a newcomer. Keep coming - keep posting!

Isaiah - sorry that you're all sick and stuff... hope you get better soon.

Hey Moo Moos, how are you doing?

Have a great night everyone - or day... guess it all depends on where you're at!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you too SK

D
Old 10-28-2010, 08:02 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

YouTube - 10,000 Maniacs - Hey Jack Karouac / Eat for Two
Old 10-29-2010, 01:19 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

- MickInMd: great advice. I'll be doing that.

Despite a rather unpleasant episode with my ex last night, I didn't drink. Day 4 for me. Today is the first day I have woken up with a sense of urgency to do something.

Welcome to all the newcomers. You'll find a lot on SR that will help.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:43 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Morning, all. Beginning of Day 5, which is pretty exciting for me, 'cause it's been awhile since I've gone 5 days without drinking. Weekends, and Friday afternoons in particular, can be a trigger for me (as celx noted - and congrats to you celx on staying strong at the working lunch), but I plan to drive straight home after work, read some inspiring posts on SR, and go to a movie or out to eat with my daughter, who will be coming home today after a few days out of town.

ForwardLooking - (sorry, I wrote "LookingForward" last night ;0), I'm glad you didn't drink after the spat with your ex. Hope you channel your sense of urgency today into something creative and productive.

Wishing you all a pleasant and sober day.

"The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not our circumstances."
~ Martha Washington