Notices

Class of October 2010 Sobriety Group

Old 10-31-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

@Caribbean, congratulations on your 30 days. Great milestone.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:01 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oops, I missed the 30 days announcement Caribbean - too early in the morning LOL

congratulations!

D
Old 10-31-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Finally plucked up the courage to post, i've been lurking around and stealing inspiration from all of you over the last few weeks, without actually posting, so thanks to all of you for that. I had my last drink at the beginning of the month and have literally been taking it day by day. I really believed that when I stoppped drinking things would be better quite quickly, unfortunaltey I am now faced with the real issues, the ones which drove me to drink in the first place, my head is reeling. The fog is slowly lifting only to reveal a mist! Reading all of your posts really helps, looking forward to contributing here and sharing.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome alldoneagain - I hope that mist clears soon

D
Old 10-31-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=deeCelt;2752178]Hi Moo Moos,

I think this is all RUBISH. I am here, because I want to eliminate alcohol from my life. I have declared war on MY consumption of alcohol. I am 1000% convinced that alcohol does absolutely nothing for me. I don't want it, I don't need it. I am going to live without it.

I make a resolution every night that I am NOT going to drink the next day no matter what. I reaffirm it in my mind when I go to sleep. When I wake up the next morning I reaffirm again, and again and again all trhu the day.

The only way I could slip today, is if I open my mouth and pour alcohol into it. Simple as that. As long as I have the resolve to live my life without the poison I will not let that happen.

I have seen very few post lately that inspire me. Every one in S~R seems to be very supportive, friendly and chatty and that is great for a social network. But I am here to stop drinking alcohol. I want to beat this disease NO MATTER WHAT and I just keep bumping into people who instead of committing to the same have nothing but a defeatist attitude. If only he, or if only she, or I may no be able to sleep, or it the dog, or if the sky.....

Hi DeeCelt, I felt I had to reply in some sense to your vent yesterday because it threw me a bit in such a way now I feel I have to watch what I write on these threads in case my post isnt 'inspirational' enough!! I have read your post a few times just to be correct which way I was reading it. I thought we were all looking for honesty.

I am 28 long days sober and when I came to my decision to stop drinking, I KNEW that I would not drink again. I also KNEW how powerful, clever, distructive, dangerous this disease is and how it would try and trick me at every corner. If it was that simple to just STOP drinking sure no one would ever fall off the wagon. I came to this site a well hidden but very broken mother/wife/sister and daughter and I rely on SR a great deal but to be honest there are days when it is not easy!! That does not make me 'defeatist'....just honest and a human living with a disease. I love waking up Sober, I love knowing that I am not hungover, I love that I can remember every part of a social occassion, I love that I am trying to be the best that I can be and I love my life BUT there are some days when it is difficult, when things get so hectic and stressed and that is when I come here, not to post but to read. I may not agree with all the posts but thats life.

I am not here to judge or be critical for anyone that fails to stay sober...we all know they carry enough guilt and embarrassment with them without me adding to there sorrys. I do not see this as a 'social' site...I am sure most of us have real lives and use this purely as support!! Anway guess it was my turn to vent...
Old 10-31-2010, 06:06 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Evening, all.... Day 7 is winding down and I am sober! ;-) Just finished with the trick-or-treaters and SR is my next stop before I go pick up a good book. This has been a really positive and uplifting week, and I'm grateful for all the support to be found on SR. Thanks!

Welcome to the newcomers and returnees, and congratulations to all on your milestones, whether it's a day, a month, a year or 10 years.

I'll be back in the morning, to start the day off right.

Wishing you all a pleasant and sober evening.

Mick

To be alive, to be able to see, to walk, to have houses, music, paintings --- it's all a miracle. I have adopted the technique of living life from miracle to miracle.
~ Arthur Rubinstein
Old 10-31-2010, 06:09 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Yep, TJP -- After I re-read my post I realized I may have put to many exclamation points in, but that was the part I was getting at. As Kerbcrawler so eloquently put it... we're Octobians. I like saying that .... octobian... fun word. But I guess these days, I'm easily amused!

Welcome, alldoneagain... hopefully this time will just be 'all done'.
Welcome to you too Sally!

Nite all!
Old 10-31-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Thanks for stepping up Moo Moos -- If I'm going to be honest I will say that Deecelt's post hurt me to the core on a day when I was feeling pretty damn low. I chalked it up to my own sensitivity but I have to say that the post bothered me all day. I, too, read it several times thinking I must have misread something...but kept coming 'round to the same conclusions.

I am more than happy to have SoberRecovery serve as a social network...just as AA proves to be a vitally important social network for men and women in 'real life' trying to stay sober and needing to create new friendships. I haven't had much luck in that area yet, but I will...and until then I appreciate so much all the support and friendship this site provides. So, thank you all.

Deecelt - I wish I were as strong as you, but I'm not. Takes all kinds, don't it?
Old 10-31-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's wonderful we can all be honest here.

We all have our own journeys - and we can all respect that - and that, to me, is what makes SR great.

This is best community I've ever been in -and I'm not overstating it to say that things I've read here, whether I agreed at the time or not, have all helped to make my life what it is today.

As Carol says, forward we go - side by side

D
Old 10-31-2010, 07:16 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

Please excuse me if I offended anyone. It was not a personal thing at all. I repeat: I am here to eliminate alcohol from my life. Nothing more nothing else.

I have been in and out for the past few years and I am so fed up with the merry go round that I must attack my alcoholism head on. The only way I can do that is with a full assault. I expected to find people here who have the same need. It is a matter of life and death for me and I expected RSers to have the same mindset and the same commitment.

All I really care about is to post here in 30 days and celebrate 60 days of sobriety.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  
One moment at a time.

wooot I'm part of the october 10 sobriety class!! one day at time this will hopefully be my last time starting back up in the program as a newcomer
Old 10-31-2010, 07:46 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

Actually, now that I was put on a spot, I wasn't even talking about people in this group.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:48 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Hiya Green!! Welcome!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:52 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome GreenAces - you're just in time for part two of this thread which will continue here in our Daily Support Forum:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

see you guys there
D