View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Moo Moos

Originally Posted by sarah78 View Post
Hey Everyone!

Well I slipped and drank 4 beers Friday night.Yup, I know, stupid. I know why I did and know what I need to do for me in order to not drink again and that is find a way to AA and start working the 12 steps. I KNOW that merely staying sober is not going to work, nor what i am looking for. The thing is, my stupid brain keeps trying to tell me I am not an alcoholic because I don't drink everyday or because I can control it at times etc..but deep down I know the pain it causes me and KNOW I have a problem with it, that is leaving it out of my life-for good.

I didn't really get much of a buzz and honestly in only hurt my stomach so it was sooo pathetically stupid. This evening I am seeing the doc. I think I may ask for a liver function test cause I am sick of worrying about it and know it is driving alot of my anxiety, thus leading to alot of stress in my life.

Friday the day I slipped was an awful day where I craved practically all day long, it was awful. Mental obsession they call it. I need help figuring this all out cause I certainly don't enjoy obsessing about having a few pints all day long, it really sucked. I should of logged on here though and like they say a relapse happens long before the actual drinking does.

So I am sorry for being vacant, but the shame kept me away. Though I did not experience a hangover of any sort and was pretty much sober going to bed that night, I deeply regretted it. I know deep down I want that sober date for keeps, but I think it's going to take much more then just posting here. Though, I am VERY thankful for SR, but after a year of simply only using that, I haven't been able to stay sober.

Ugh I am just soooooooooo sick of being this woman on SR who keeps slipping..I hate being this person. I see all these other folks who started out on here the same time I did and have all these months..It makes me feel like a loser quite honestly. I wish I could get back to CR as well (celebrate recovery) I was doing so much better 2 years ago because I had support. Doing this on your own is soo hard.

Anyways I had to admit this, because I feel like I need to be honest with y'all.

Happy Sober Monday.

Sarah
Sarah78, I've been away so am only catching up with what has happened with you. Goshy my heart really goes out to you and remember we are all only 1 drink away from doing the same thing. Dont worry so much about what date you start or the fact that you feel bad. The most important thing is that you realise you made a mistake and now you need to move on. I swear the last few days have been really difficult so it could have been any of us posting that 'we slipped'. You mind yourself and congrats on being sober TODAY!!