Notices

Help, Xanex is ruining my life

Old 07-01-2010, 09:37 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

arjck,
You are in my thoughts and prayers today. Please let us know how your conversation with the helpline goes.
SusanLauren
Old 07-01-2010, 10:29 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

alright. unfortunatley i cant call for another 6 hours, and last night i screwed up big :/
but thank you everyone for the support
Old 07-01-2010, 01:04 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

i tried to call the number and it didnt work :/
Old 07-01-2010, 01:13 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please go to your dr, or an ER and/or talk to your parents.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:16 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure what you mean by didn't work, arjck, did you try both numbers?

In any case, here are the two numbers we routinely give out here.

The National Drug and Alcohol Treatment Referral Routing Service available at 1-800-662-HELP. This service can provide you with information about treatment programs in your local community and allow you to speak with someone about alcohol and drug problems

Hopeline-dot-com has free 1-800 line that will connect any caller in the US who needs help to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The number is:

1- 800-784-2433
That's 4 numbers to try now.

I agree with what Anna said tho arjck - the only responsible advice here is that you need to do is come clean to your parents and see a dr, or get to the ER.

D
Old 07-01-2010, 01:21 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

i will try right now
Old 07-01-2010, 01:37 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

i tried calling like, 8 of them, and they all redirected me to different ones.,..i give up.... :'(
Old 07-01-2010, 02:28 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

arjck,
If you were my daughter, I would take you to a doctor or to the emergency room, I would give you a big hug and tell you that I would stand with you no matter what. I would not yell or get mad; I would get you the help that you need.

Unfortunately at age 16 you can't sign yourself into a treatment facility; it is something your parents have to do on your behalf.

One way or another, your parents are going to find out. It will either be because you tell them or because you go into some sort of medical crisis (i.e., withdrawal or overdose) where the decision is taken from you. No matter how difficult or distant your parents, I would hate for your parents to find out by an overdose or by withdrawal.

What is the worst thing that could happen if your parents find out? That they become angry? That they yell at you? That your mother becomes depressed?

So what if they become angry and yell -- under the anger is fear. And they can't be angry or yell forever. Your mother is responsible for her own feelings and responses -- including her depression. You aren't responsible for her. She, on the other had, is responsible for you as a minor.

The point is that after they finish yelling they will most likely take you to see a doctor and/or arrange for you to get help at a treatment/detox facility. And that is exactly what you need. Unfortunately you are in a situation that you are not going to be able to get out of on your own. You need professional and medical assistance.

What is the worst thing that could happen if you don't tell them? You could overdose and die. Let's see -- yell, mad, depressed vs. dying -- the choice should be clear.

The members of Sober Recovery can give you advice, share our experiences, and support you in your recovery. But we can't take that first step for you. You have to do this yourself. You have your whole life ahead of you. Please don't give up. You are worth taking that first step for.
SusanLauren
Old 07-01-2010, 02:38 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

thank you for caring about me. it really means the world to me... and i will try. try anything. i have been worried today, though. i am clinically depressed, and have been having bad bad feelings, im trying to ignore those. today, my friend told me (i dont remember anything i said last night) that i was talking about killing myself. he said that i said 'this can all be over so easily....i have a razor in the other room. i can solve this problem, and make sure it never comes back.' i have the best friend ever, who didnt let me do this.....i love him....
Old 07-01-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with everything Susan said, arjck.
If you're depressed I think it's more important than ever you let your folks in on this.

D
Old 07-01-2010, 02:47 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

i am extremely depressed right now...and the fact that my boyfriend told me he hates me and wants nothing to do with me is just not helping...
Old 07-01-2010, 02:49 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

arjck,
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You won't always feel the bad feelings. You won't always be depressed. But if you act on those feelings and take your own life, you'll never know the life ahead of you and the good times that await. Arjck, I would strongly support and encourage you to drive yourself to the emergency room and let the doctors and nurses help you sort out your situation. That would be a safe place, and the ER can call and deal with your parents. You are in serious trouble and you need help -- not tomorrow or the day after -- but now. I am glad you shared your feelings with us. You need medical help. We can't give that to you over the internet.
SusanLauren
Old 07-01-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

i cant drive :/
Old 07-01-2010, 02:57 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

arjck, Can you call 911? I am serious. Susan Lauren
Old 07-01-2010, 03:22 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

arjck,
Can you have a friend or a friend's parent take you to the ER? I am really worried about you. I don't want to see anything bad happen to you. You are too young, and you have your whole life ahead of you.
SusanLauren
Old 07-01-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

i might be with my friend tomorrow, so maybe he can take me./..
Old 07-01-2010, 04:15 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

turns out i don't get to see him :/
Old 07-01-2010, 04:35 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I'm sorry things don't seem to be lining up for you. Why not at least call the Emergency Room and see if you can talk to a nurse or doctor on call? Tell them your situation (that you blacked out, and were suicidal last night). Let someone help you - that's what they're there for.

I agree with Susan's post about telling your parents, too. They may be upset initially, but it's there responsibility to get help for you. Why not call your dad and let him tell your mom?
Old 07-01-2010, 04:45 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

i dunno...i will try....
Old 07-01-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

ok