67.43%
Every 2nd day
12.30%
Every 3 or 4 days
14.67%
On the weekends only
5.60%
Voters: 1268. You may not vote on this poll

Were you a daily drinker or every other day?

Old 01-25-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

At my worst I was horrible. I still do not believe this but my parents were there. I was at a .8 at the hospital and doctors said I should be dead. Another time at the hospital it was a .487 and felt just fine.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:39 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Every single day. If i spent one night without it, I'd have withdrawals.

Also, it was easy to know how much i'd drink. the answer was always the same: All of it. Didn't matter if I threw up wine or hotdogs (yuck) or whatever. I'd keep going till I couldn't walk. Never got "buzzed".
Old 01-25-2014, 11:15 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I was a weekend only guy and managed to keep it at that for a long time. But my ability to control it and my ridiculous behavior was not getting better. It's entirely possible I could have started needing to drink more frequently. But the 1 or 2 days I did drink were typically way beyond excessive. Very glad that's no longer part of who I am, it was really ugly
Old 01-26-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayla50 View Post
At my worst I was horrible. I still do not believe this but my parents were there. I was at a .8 at the hospital and doctors said I should be dead. Another time at the hospital it was a .487 and felt just fine.
An 0.8 BAC? o_0

How did you not pass out and choke on your own vomit long before that point?

How did your CNS not shut down? That's insane.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Every weeknight and weekend and usually all day Sunday .... Whiskey atleast 6 to 8 doubles or more
Old 01-26-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

From the time I woke up to passing out at night every day is how I drank.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Everyday. Earlier and earlier I would start drinking. DAMN!!!!! I'M GLAD I'M FREE.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

For me it was everyday after work. Because it was how I coped with stress. Guess what? Everyday life is stressful! I'm glad I was given that chance to finally understand that for real. So now when I get stressed I just battle the voice that tries to suck me in and I win which is actually helping my stress go away. It's not easy but necessary.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

7 shots a day after work, didn't miss a day for 7 months.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Trudging the Road

Daily, and often.

In the morning when I awakened, to steady the trembles; then some more for fortification.

At work, when I was working, for fortification and sometimes to keep the trembling at bay.

Back home, to "congratulate" myself on getting through the day.

At night, to help go to sleep.

Many times in between to basically do what the writer of the "To Handle Sobriety" chapter in the Big Book wrote about in the very last paragraph, about "fantasizing everything," "replaying scenes," etc.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Trudging the Road

Originally Posted by Kayla50 View Post
My only experience with my BAC was when my then employer sent me to a treatment facility for evaluation. My BAC went up, then went down. Then up, then down. Ranged from (been a while so I don't remember specific numbers) .1something to maybe .4something, then .2something and up and down.

They never saw anything like it, ever. They were convinced I had smuggled some alcohol in (I didn't, but had a pint in the car. But I never went out there to drink, as I probably couldn't escape being observed.)

They were closing for the day and refused to take responsibility for me, and so sent me by taxi to a 24/7 treatment facility. I was doing the same thing to their BAC readers.

I eventually drove home, after signing a release absolving them of any responsibility in case I got into and accident.

Got back to the original treatment facility, got into my car, had a few swigs to calm the nerves, and made it the 20 miles home.

NEVER do I ever want to go through that again. (Never had a DUI or DWI, should have had at least a few DUI's. By the grace of God, I suppose I was spared (others, too).
Old 02-05-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I used to drink everyday, from morning till midnight. The only time or sometimes a day I didn't drink was, when I was just too miserable to even do anything. Like getting myself out of bed, let alone going to the liquor store. I was a heavy drinker, always drinking rum or whiskey..

I have been sober for 5 weeks now.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Used to be a daily drinker, about a couple years ago. Would binge, if not every day, every other day. But has since become an every other day thing, or every other week. But now I'm hoping that'll change.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I drank as often as I thought I could get away with it, especially if I didn't have to get up early the next morning or be especially productive. Sometimes if I did have something to do during the day I would only have 2 or 3 the night before. ugh! It sure feels good to have broken away from that form of slavery!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Mostly binge on weekends, but not without the some problems during the week.

I was actually not too terrible until the weekend. That's when entire days would vanish. Started out as "partying". After a few years Saturday was a blur. I'd binge, pass out, repeat until Sunday evening rolled around and I had to get better.

That's where denial comes in. Nothing wrong with fun on the weekend, right... Well of course it just gets worse and worse.

I was ok during the workweek, but when it came to the weekend there was no off switch. Trying my first sober weekend in awhile.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Every day, for the last 11 years. During the week starting at about 4pm all the way until about midnight. Weekends I would start as early as noon. The last couple of years, every day, but my drinking would go into the middle of the night (2,3, sometimes 4 am).. My tolerance is just off the charts, which is one big reason why I decided to give sobriety another go when I woke up yesterday morning. I basically binge drank every day straight for 11 years, maybe more. I did stop a couple of times, but nothing longer than a week. I'm on day 2 right now.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flip77 View Post
I would get up to use the bathroom at nite (would bring two beers to bed with me every nite).....[...]..... I can't believe the life I was living and all the things I was missing out on just so I wouldn't go without. What a waste! Flip.

Lols man. I remember once I saw my hungover brother wake up and start drinking a half empty warm beer.

I can't beat that one about grabbing a cold beer on a night trip to the toilet.
But I do have one maybe:
About 10 times over 10 years I accidentally started drinking a bottle of beer that I had forgotten was one of the empty ones I had urinated in while on the phone to someone. My first knowing it was because it was so dead flat (not the taste). Maybe if someone had carbonated it and put it in the fridge as a prank I may have kept drinking it until I noticed I wasnt feeling any warm kick from it.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by californiaguy View Post
Every day, for the last 11 years. During the week starting at about 4pm all the way until about midnight. Weekends I would start as early as noon. The last couple of years, every day, but my drinking would go into the middle of the night (2,3, sometimes 4 am).. My tolerance is just off the charts, which is one big reason why I decided to give sobriety another go when I woke up yesterday morning. I basically binge drank every day straight for 11 years, maybe more. I did stop a couple of times, but nothing longer than a week. I'm on day 2 right now.
Nice going man. Avoid dairy products and anything with lactose in it. You will probably get crazy itching otherwise.

I would drink beer non-stop every waking hour until about 5-10 days in I started feeling seriously malnutritioned. Then I would stop for about 2-3 days (and by stop I mean cut down my daily beer to about 6-8 and consciously eat some good food and GREEN food for the Vitamin K deficiency which would show up as purpura on my upper arms). Pupura is easy-bruising, little bruises in random places.

After day 5 you will notice that you have feet. Yes you always knew you had them but I mean they will suddenly become close to you like your heart, you will remember them from your childhood.

Also pay attention to your Working Memory improving every hour you are further away from that last day of alcohol.

I am just listing positive things you get from being sober.

To be honest I gave up because I decided I was going to give success a chance.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I drank at LEAST 5 days a week, drunk on my ass 2 of them. Other than that, just an even buzz every night. I love my wine
Old 02-10-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I was 5-6 days a week, some days only 2 or three drinks, the rest a bottle of wine and a few beers. I told myself every every single day that I would stop. Now I have.