67.43%
Every 2nd day
12.30%
Every 3 or 4 days
14.67%
On the weekends only
5.60%
Voters: 1268. You may not vote on this poll

Were you a daily drinker or every other day?

Old 05-26-2014, 11:35 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hokey View Post
Daily. I would go to different liquor stores all the time so they wouldn't know how much I drank ...
I was the same.....but I know they knew.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:18 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Daily and heavy, atleast 8 pints of beer and a few double whiskies for good measure!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Daily 1.5 lt scotch
Old 05-27-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Like many, i started off with just one or two days a week. It should have been a warning that i always drank until i was drunk but i figured, "college...eh?" Time marched on and my drinking slowly, slowly progressed. Eventually, i found myself drinking almost nightly. I suddenly had to take on several jobs and all but quit. Still, when i drank, i drank to excess. When my responsibilities eased, my drinking increased. Soon, i was drinking nightly. My nightly drinking became earlier and earlier until i found myself drinking in the mornings. It seemed like my days and nights became blended into a kaleidoscope of night and day, drinking all through them. Drinking was a slow, inexorable progression. Sobriety was a stunning, abrupt stop.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

None of the above poll choices. I'd go for months without imbibing any beer/wine, then, BANG, it's weekend binge time. Yet, no more binges for me----I'm done!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I could go for a couple of weeks at a time without. But when I went on a bender it was a whopper xx
Old 05-27-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KateL View Post
I could go for a couple of weeks at a time without. But when I went on a bender it was a whopper xx
Indeed, then followed with remorse for being a fool that I was!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

I was a daily drinker who tied to control it and drink every few days but that led to heavier drinking on the days that I did drink.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Every day. When I was trying to be good and cut back, I'd measure that by how minimal my hangovers were. I got to the end of the week once and thought "Wow, what a great job i did!" only to realize that there had only been a day or two max when I hadn't drank anything (it felt like so much more to me....).

This is probably when i realized that even though I thought I was being honest with myself about how much I was drinking, I really wasn't. I probably polished off a 750 ml bottle every day I didn't have to work...varying amounts on times when I did work, but probably averaging half that a night. Then, when the wine came into play as well......

*shaking my head*
Old 05-27-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Mostly every day for years. As soon as I got home from work, beer wine or gin would be on the go. I would then fall asleep in the chair wake up any where between 1100 pm and 3 am feeling dreadful, got to bed, wake up about 6 go to work and start the process again. I did go sober for October last year for Macmillan cancer along with some work colleagues. we raised £4500 so I know I can do it. At the end of October though I was really angry as I was hoping to loose weight as well and didn't drop any. So went straight back on the booze at midnight on November 1st and have been on it pretty much every day up until today.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

When I was drinking I was mostly an every 3rd day drinker. Day 1 was always spent feeling guilty and weak. Day 2 was spent feeling happy that I didn't die and that Day 1 was over! Day 3 I felt so amazing that I had to celebrate by drinking.

I was sober for about a year and a half. When I began drinking again it was either every day or every 2nd day.

Drinking just isn't an option for me anymore.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

allday everyday
2+ litres of wine or a 26oz of gin or vodka, sometimes more.
barely could eat or sleep
i was a wreck :s
Old 05-28-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Every evening 1-2 bottles of wine or 1 bottle of wine n a few beers n sometimes I swig of vodka or gin or whatever the hell was in the house
Old 05-29-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Damn! Looking at that chart, there appear to be some serious friggin' drunks around here. Looks like I'm in the right place.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

P.S. For those of you who haven't quite made the "A-list", don't worry. Keep drinking and you will.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Roughly a 12 pack a day for the past 22 years. Over the past 4 or 5 years I incorporated whiskey to cut back on the beer. Then vodka. Then around November I decided to start drinking earlier and earlier. Last month I was starting around 5am and would black out everything after roughly 2pm. Yep. Time to quit.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

I was a 3-4x/week or so drinker. Usually once during the weekend and then both weekend nights... and sometimes Sunday too. Usually 1.5-2 bottles of wine or a whole lot of gin or vodka.. depending on what I had around.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

binge drinker over here!
weeks, months sans poison - then I would start on a Thursday...sometimes...or a Fridays after a long week at work (aren't they all??!!) and wouldn't stop til Sunday...started needing it Monday morning to get to work...that was the begin of the descent....this happened a few times over the last 6mths.....

no more. I am FINISHED. Took a really bad wake up call that is going to f*** me royally in a lot of ways - BUT....it really did wake my denying arse up.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

I also knew the location of about six different ABC stores--here in Virginia hard liquor can only be bought in state-run stores, while beer and wine is sold just about everywhere.

There was a period of about three years where I was drinking every day. Recently I tried to limit it to weekends. That worked well. Not. It just resulted in me either being still drunk or lethally hungover on Monday mornings.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Alcoholism is progressive. For some the progression is slow. For others, not so much. One thing in common though is alcohol wants us all DEAD. It won't stop trying, we have to stop it.