67.43%
Every 2nd day
12.30%
Every 3 or 4 days
14.67%
On the weekends only
5.60%
Voters: 1268. You may not vote on this poll

Were you a daily drinker or every other day?

Old 07-01-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Every day. I would polish off a 1.75L bottle of whiskey and a 12-pack of beer every 4-5 days. Up until today that is, today is day one. Kinda. I drank my last beer (because it was there) when I got home from work and took a Vicodin (recently had tooth pulled, so it's prescribed). I just won't buy alcohol anymore, it's a waste of time, money, and youthful health.

My brain feels much clearer at this time of night than it has in as long as I can remember. I've managed to keep it together during the days at work, with the occasional bout with slight shaking while writing and/or excessively long hangover. But I'm certainly not near as productive as I could be.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hmmm.... depends on the period of my life. Like many of us, I had numerous attempts at moderation or sobriety that never lasted. I started drinking in high school like a lot of kids do, and drank heavily from about age 25 to age 33.

But towards the end, it was 5-7 nights a week. On weeknights, anywhere from 3 to 8 drinks, usually whiskey but sometimes vodka. On weekends... ugggghhhh. I would say 10-14 drinks a night.

Jesus, man... It was not cute.

The health issues were an obvious concern, as was the embarrassment, terrible decisions, tens of thousands of dollars spent, and let's not forget the 1200+ extra calories of pure crap. But when it really started to change was when the associated anxiety became unbearable. The feeling the next day was just crippling.

I'm still a work in progress in my sobriety. Not all the way there yet, but I'm not giving up.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Daily vodka drinker however, it was never a pretty sight (so i've been told).
Old 01-24-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Originally Posted by shelly009 View Post
I am very curious to find out how many daily drinkers we have vs people who binge drink or drink heavily every few days.

Please take this poll! Thanks!
Hmmm

I only drank on days ending in y.

I can honestly say there wasn't a set pattern.
I can honestly say after I had that first drink, I couldn't promise you what, where or when the drinking would stop.
That's my definition of an alcoholic.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

I didn't discriminate I treated each day equally. However I tended to lay off on Sundays from time to time. Usually because I hurt so bad from the other 6 days.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Nightly drinker.

All day on weekends.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
My wagon's in the mud.

It progressed for me over the years. Not sure when it became daily, but it did, and it did for a long time.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

I was a daily drinker who became a binge drinker, because that made me "normal" to other people.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

I always drank at the lake and on the weekend. Then I started to use happy hour for meeting new potential clients. Slowly the "meetings" became every other day and I was spinning out of control. I had an emotional break and then realized it was because my alcohol use. Thank The Lord I realized it before I lost everything!

41 days sober today!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mercurial me View Post
Beer first thing in the morning (usually motivated me to get my day started aka an eye-opener)
Frequently drank during the day while I was at work
Always drank during the day on a day off
Always drank in the evening

x8 years of that gave me the liver the size of a small puppy
Chihuahua or great dane?
Old 01-24-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Just about everyday.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

2-4 times a week, but thought about it daily. Would have been daily, if not for my husband. I would binge for days every weekend. Then drinking at home in the kitchen the rest of the time. "I needed the wine for cooking." NEVER drank without getting drunk. Ever.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
International Man of Mystery

Daily. I worked this one job where we got out around midnight. Sometimes if we got out earlier I could run to the store for beer. What I would do is leave work at 11:30, get beer, come back. If someone asked where I was I said taking out the trash.

On days I didn't work I was usually at the store before noon. I had this bright idea of alternating where I went so they wouldn't think I was an alcoholic.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

I was about every 7-10 days. I would binge for anything between 3-7 days.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:09 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Started binge drinking at weekends, then added a couple of days during the week. At the end it was daily drinking which started as soon as I got up until I passed out. Usually 2 bottles of red wine a day. I used to call my day time drinks " house work wine" and joke that it made housework fun. Sitting in the chair smoking and chugging wine meant nothing was getting done. I stank, the house stank and if I did not quit I am sure I would have died in that chair watching ridiculous day time TV like Jeremy Kyle and teen mom.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

When I got to the end I was basically 24/7 and would take a day off here and there or would take a break when I finally passed out. Looking back I don't know how I did it.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shelly009 View Post
I am very curious to find out how many daily drinkers we have vs people who binge drink or drink heavily every few days. Please take this poll! Thanks!
Classic binge drinker here. 2-3 days on, 4-5 days off. What kind of life was that?!
Old 01-25-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

as a young man it was lots of beer anytime i went to a party because it was a wasted opportunity if i was not wasted ... but didnt drink or think about alcohol in between

got married, wife loves to cook and i discovered wine - i got so into understanding wine, grape varietals, food pairings, even lived 2 years in france

i started drinking wine with just about every dinner - and think i was functionally just enjoying it and probably had 1 or 2 glasses and always thought dinner was improved with a good wine

somehow that gradually progressed to a full bottle ... which i remember at the time seemed like a lot

things then progressed to a bottle just not being enough ... and if my wife was sharing a bottle with me, i'd try to go fast to get more ... and then eventually it was just a given that a second bottle would be opened or even better if there were multiple people drinking i didnt have to know how many bottles or glasses

never really got into liquor and beer became uninteresting - but anytime i was cooking or eating lunch or dinner i either had wine or wished i could ... not at all a problem at the end to drink 2 bottles of wine, go to bed and get up the next morning with no hangover ... if i had to go a day or a few days without alcohol no big deal, didnt feel bad or have any withdrawal, but i certainly anticipated a lot when my next wine would be and really really looked forward to it
Old 01-25-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

3 to 4 times a week.
It wouldve been every day if I wasnt feeling self conscious about it.
At the end my anxiety was soooooooooo bad I wanted to drink more just to combat it.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snarf View Post
Daily drinker for over a decade. Of course I'd miss a day every couple weeks or so, but that was usually an accident. Drank 'cause I felt bad, drank 'cause I felt good, drank 'cause I felt nothing.
That's me. I drank everyday. Sometimes just 2 beers, sometimes 10. This summer me nor my husband were working, but we still managed to have beer everyday. He doesn't drink as much as me. I've finally realized I drink way more than him. All this time, I thought we drank the same amount.