Notices

Whats the meaing of your user name?

Old 04-16-2010, 08:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I was formally known as Cubile75.

It is the nickname given to me by a close friend 30 years ago... she still calls me that. I woke up from one of our marathon all weekend parties with a terrific hangover/headache. I was dreaming that little men were stacking lead cubes in all the recesses of my skull... She's in recovery now herself.

I changed it.

Mark
Old 04-16-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Omega is the name of a cat I had once. She was a tabby, and the markings on her head looked like an "O", so I wanted to find a name for her that began with "O". Her name actually just got shortened to Meg after a while.

Also, Omega is the last letter of the Greek alphabet. You see the letter "omega" in a lot of church paintings and carvings because Jesus said "I am the alpha and the omega. The beginning and the end." I toyed with whether to call myself Alpha or Omega because I couldn't decide whether I was ending something or beginning something. In the end I went with Omega as at the time I was feeling more like I was ending something.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Awakening...

My name is pretty self explanatory. To me anyway. It's the time I told myself to wake up! and kick this booze habit.
I'm in a continuous state of awakening.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:55 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Wandering Student of Life

My SN is one of a few meanings of my RL name, Jennifer. I like to go by just Jen, and I've been told that "Jen" in Mandarin means "sword" - cool! However, when joining this site, I was feeling more at peace with myself than I have in a long while. So, I remembered the Welsh meaning (White Wave or White-Cheeked) and found the perfect Hokusai painting to match. The rest is history
Old 04-16-2010, 09:35 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

That is amazingly cool that you've been able to link your name with several languages and art. You must be very proud of your name!

Originally Posted by WhiteWave View Post
My SN is one of a few meanings of my RL name, Jennifer. I like to go by just Jen, and I've been told that "Jen" in Mandarin means "sword" - cool! However, when joining this site, I was feeling more at peace with myself than I have in a long while. So, I remembered the Welsh meaning (White Wave or White-Cheeked) and found the perfect Hokusai painting to match. The rest is history
Old 04-16-2010, 09:40 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

Alizarin Crimson is a shade of red (I'm an artist), I made the second "a" an "e" to make it my own.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:54 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Wandering Student of Life

Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
That is amazingly cool that you've been able to link your name with several languages and art. You must be very proud of your name!
Thanks PhoenixFire! I'll admit, I get a fun and satisfying feeling learning stuff like that.

I love the SN you've chosen. It makes me think about the only cartoon I like: Avatar: The Last Airbender. That show emphasizes the four basic elements and their balance in a mythical world that I find really appealing. Check it out sometime
Old 04-16-2010, 10:04 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Couldn't come up with a name, so was looking out the window and saw all the cactus and added the tall to describe myself, almost 5' 9".
Old 04-16-2010, 10:24 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

.i saw the show.."the boy from Oz"..so it stuck...

"when you get caught between the moon and New York City"

a great talent,sadley missed...
Old 04-16-2010, 10:40 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

In my day, "mikes" were a expression to ascertain the potency of LSD. It's also my first name.
"Freak"? I am such a misfit in so many ways....................
Old 04-16-2010, 10:47 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

When I stopped drinking, the first decision I made was to go AWOL (Absent Without Leave). That is, after being in the Alcohol Army for more than 30 years as a Non-Commissioned Alcoholic, I was jumping the fence and running away from alcohol for good, with no-one's permission but my own. I was never coming back to this army. Nursing a terrible hangover, I started pouring every ounce of liquor I owned down the kitchen sink. Later I changed the acronym to Awesome Without Liquor. And I can say now, nearly three months later, it really is!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:04 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I didn't expect that SR would become such a big part of my life so I didn't put a lot of thought into my name, but I remember I had a cold the day I signed up and was using up a lot of kleenex

Really interesting, great thread!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:19 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

RK = Random Kid.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Not really.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:31 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

mine is not too hard to figure out. DW. There are several things that fit, and relate to feeling down on myself- but they described my feeling at the time of my state of mind (which wasnt good) and sometimes still isnt...
Peace
Dub
Old 04-17-2010, 04:52 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I couldn't think of a user name when I signed on. I had a list of names in my mind for future pets, so I used one of them and added an "a" cuz I'm a girl .
Adding the "a" seems to change it entirely though: I think of myself as ru-bean-a which is puts a smile on my face

Fun thread
Old 04-17-2010, 05:37 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

my username is a mixture of my first and last names

great thread Aysha
Old 04-17-2010, 06:20 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I kept it simple. Susan is my first name, and Lauren is my middle name. Hence, SusanLauren. I racked my brain trying to come up with something catchy and cute, or something meaningful and inspiring. Alas, it was not to be. I thought about adopting one of the names of my cats -- Scaredy Cat was too negative, and Copy Cat ... well maybe that would have worked. By the way, Scaredy Cat got his name by how skiddish he is, and Copy Cat got his name because he jumped on top of the copy machine and stepped on the copy button. Now that was hilarious! SusanLauren
Old 04-18-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
This was my first message board and I didn't know you could make up a name,
so I used AnnS (my name in the rooms), until a troll nicknamed me Anus.

I dropped the S and have been Ann every since.
OMG..LMAO, Sry thats not funny but it was. WOOOW. Glad you dropped the S then.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:31 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Great thread!

I have no idea of the meaning of my username. I was drunk when I created it. I am not a sprightly person, I don't have any interest in...fairies or whatever. No idea what I had in mind when I came up with spryte.

One of the many benefits of being sober is remembering what the eff I did online the night before.