SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Whats the meaing of your user name? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/198982-whats-meaing-your-user-name.html)

Aysha 04-16-2010 07:58 AM

Whats the meaing of your user name?

We havent done one of these in awhile. I really like them.

I wanted to start another because I found out by accident yesterday that Aysha means "Alive and Well."
Who knew? I didnt until yesterday. I changed it last year from chiynita to Aysha because chiynita was a name given to me during my addiciton. I felt like my life was at a turning point and needed to dispose of all things drug related. People, places and things.
How cool is that I picked one with that meaning. There are no such thing as coincidences in my book.

So what does yours mean?

augustwest 04-16-2010 08:06 AM

The Annotated "Wharf Rat"

topspin 04-16-2010 08:12 AM

I was thinking about how dumb mine was. My mind was so foggy with a day or two sober, .... all I could think of (to try to remember ! )was the name of my old cat that didn't mind sleeping on the tennis courts while we hit balls.

least 04-16-2010 08:24 AM

It refers to the verse in the NT book of Mathew, when Christ says, "That which you do unto the least of these, my brethren, you do unto me." It's a reminder to treat others well and also a reminder that I am,indeed, one of 'the least of these'.

Bored3 04-16-2010 08:27 AM

I drink a lot through boredom, I'm trying to stay sober but the empty boredom feeling has always been too much for me, hence the username.

rlester 04-16-2010 08:37 AM

Rlester is short for Richard Lester, which can be shortened to "Dick Less" which is kind of how I felt with all the anxiety around finally facing my addiction and registering here.

Even in times of desperation, I somehow manage to keep my sense of humour. :)

FuzzyFatSacks 04-16-2010 08:40 AM

I have two cats and am constantly coming up with random nicknames for them. Because of the fat pouch most cats have, I call mine fuzzy fat sacks sometimes. For whatever reason, it's the only thing I could think of when I signed up.

FrankBarone 04-16-2010 08:41 AM

Quite simply I was stuck for a name when I was registering and Everybody Loves Raymond was on TV so I just stuck down the name of the character on screen at that time. On reflection, I'd probably have come up with something more deep and meaningful if I hadn't just come off a bender.

Rev 04-16-2010 08:50 AM

I'm a very spiritual person, and occupied most times with the great mysteries of life.

Rev

HumbleBee 04-16-2010 08:52 AM

I saw a flaming yellow vehicle with the license plate "BumbleB" that I thought was cool so changed the bumble to humble for recovery reasons (although I admittedly still have lots to learn about being humble).

Progress not perfection...http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...cons/icon7.gif

Great thread Aysha, thanks. I often wondered the same thing.

CAPTAINZING2000 04-16-2010 08:52 AM

means, I'm old for still using the same one from college :)

yeahgr8 04-16-2010 09:06 AM

My answer to everything said to me

You got a great opportunity in this job
You're sacked
My friend likes you
You're dumped
You drink too much
You haven't had a drink for a month
etcetcetc

Anything before last July was yeah great...or yeah whatever...

loveon2legs 04-16-2010 09:10 AM

A dear friend of mine who passed away used this name...so I'm proud to carry on the torch!!

smacked 04-16-2010 09:58 AM

ex smack junkie.. really not creative. My user name on a few other forums used to be 'smackmesober'.. then I got sober, so.. it made sense when I signed up!

shaun00 04-16-2010 09:59 AM

guess..

Houndheart 04-16-2010 10:36 AM

I guess I missed my Sadie Lou the old hound dawg when I signed up. I relate to animals, especially dogs and their sweet hearts....I feel that I am a bit like them....and the love in their hearts. I feel I am overly sensitive and that has had a lot to do with my use of alcohol to quell anxiety from oversensitivity. And so Houndheart....in honor of my Sadie Lou and in hopes that I can live my heart and learn ways to do it in a sober manner.

colagirl 04-16-2010 11:17 AM

Houndheart you sound a lot like me (except I'm a cat person).

My name is not that original. I was trying to come up with something anonymous that I hadn't used anywhere else. I love love love drinking coke, but didn't want to be "cokegirl" on a recovery site, so I went with colagirl instead.

Horselover 04-16-2010 11:53 AM

Mine is pretty self explanatory, BUT I just wanted to say I LOVE this thread. Its been very interesting reading how everyone came up with their names and what some of them mean. Thanks Aysha!!

intention 04-16-2010 12:48 PM

Intention is not something I do but is something that I connect to (God)

It is taken from the Power of Intention spiritual teachings by Dr Wayne Dyer

YouTube - Dr Wayne Dyer - The Power of Intention

Interesting thread, thanks Aysha.

Kmber2010 04-16-2010 12:55 PM

Kmber is short for me Kimberly and 2010 is the year of getting sober. Plus Kmber was a nickname a good friend had for prior to my drinking period.