Notices

fighting the urge to drink myself into a stupor

Old 12-08-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

You make a good point - sometimes I wonder whether my cravings are more physical or mental (to cope with my CONSTANT anxiety).

When I drink tea at the office, it seems to calm me down - I wish I could use tea at home, as well.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My shrink and counselor will be so disappointed in me. I don't even know how my dogs can still love me.

If my big mess can keep just one person sober today, then some good will have come of something so bad.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
If my big mess can keep just one person sober today, then some good will have come of something so bad.
Yep!!! Thanks again, (((leasty))). One more day of sobriety thanks to you, God and a whole bunch of other people in my life. I'm prayin' for ya. Get out there, now. Make this thing happen. It's all just waitin' for ya.

Time for me to take the dog for a walk, now. See ya, leasty.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Awakening...

Come on least, suit up and get back into the game.
We're on your chearleading squad.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

(((Least))) my DOC was crack, which doesn't HAVE any physical withdrawals, but the last few times I used, I was near suicidal afterwards with depression and anxiety. The last time (my relapse) was when I finally decided I just couldn't do it any more and I did what I had to do to not go there again.

I'm not saying you're not in withdrawal..I don't know anything about alcohol withdrawal. I DO know how I felt after using, though, and it was really, really bad and I hated myself. It's that memory that has kept me from using, many a time.

I'm sorry you're suffering, but you are NOT stupid. You're an alcoholic and you drank. You came right back here, and you've helped many people to not drink today. That's pretty awesome, sweetie. With all your suffering, you're still reaching out and helping others...that takes one helluva person to do that!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-09-2009, 05:54 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Got a good sleep last night and woke up feeling almost human. Trying to not beat myself up over this. I'm on day two and am determined to make it this time. God knows I've had enough 'practice' at getting and staying sober. Still having a lot of anxiety but I see the shrink today and will ask him what else he can prescribe for it. I can't stand this feeling of impending doom.

Again, thank you all for sticking with me thru these bad times. I can't express how much it means to me to know I'm not alone. I've been doing this for two years now. I pray this is my last relapse. I will work to make sure it is.

(((hugs)))
Old 12-09-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Awwwwwwww Honey!!! Here ----->

I'm sorry to read what I have. I hope that you can get through whatever it is that is driving you to pick up. I know that all the feelings that come with it can drive us to really kick ourselves harder than we deserve. We can really be our own worse enemies.

I'm not here to do any kicking but offer support. Just remember, one day at a time and no matter what, no matter what.........don't do it!!!!!

Wish you were here, I'd drag you to the 5:30 meeting with me, hee hee........