Notices

Class Of June :)

Old 06-02-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Spen-I'm sorry to hear that your unable to sleep again tonight

That's a good idea, just keep clicking around on here and do some reading and possibly some posting if you feel like it

Hang in there,
XOXO
Old 06-02-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ADayAtATime View Post
Spen-I'm sorry to hear that your unable to sleep again tonight

That's a good idea, just keep clicking around on here and do some reading and possibly some posting if you feel like it

Hang in there,
XOXO
Thanks, everytime since I have been drinking and had a break I have found it hard to sleep. Hopefully by the weekend I will be ok and will be feeling well enough to go back to work after 3 weeks off. GULP
Old 06-02-2009, 07:26 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Welcome LivLaphLuv (I'm gonna need an abreviation for that one!)

Glad you got a shower ADAT! I did too! Water came on a few minutes later so I wasn't even stale for therapy! That'll teach me to wait till the last minute!

Congrats Spen! on your meeting. Did you meet anybody? Or spy someone you think you might like to meet? Just curious, why only once a week? Is that the only meeting in your area? Sorry the kis and you both are having rough nights. Do you think the kids are kinda picking up on your vibes? It wouldn't surprise me. Kids can be very sensitive to their parents moods. Maybe it's good that they're up with you. You can get and give some snuggles! My niece and nephew are coming to visit in July and I can't wait to snuggle with them!

I had a pretty nice day. Had some anxiety earlier before my therapy but I came clean with her and she was very helpful. I had a good cry, came home, made myself a nice meal and then walked over to the Target (over a mile away) to buy toilet paper and whatnots. Still have some excess energy to burn so I think I'm off to the gym to do a quick run.

I'm sure I'll be around this weekend, if anyone gets triggered, just post. I'll chat with you till it passes. Catch you later! Keep well!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chamabama View Post
Welcome LivLaphLuv (I'm gonna need an abreviation for that one!)

Glad you got a shower ADAT! I did too! Water came on a few minutes later so I wasn't even stale for therapy! That'll teach me to wait till the last minute!

Congrats Spen! on your meeting. Did you meet anybody? Or spy someone you think you might like to meet? Just curious, why only once a week? Is that the only meeting in your area? Sorry the kis and you both are having rough nights. Do you think the kids are kinda picking up on your vibes? It wouldn't surprise me. Kids can be very sensitive to their parents moods. Maybe it's good that they're up with you. You can get and give some snuggles! My niece and nephew are coming to visit in July and I can't wait to snuggle with them!

I had a pretty nice day. Had some anxiety earlier before my therapy but I came clean with her and she was very helpful. I had a good cry, came home, made myself a nice meal and then walked over to the Target (over a mile away) to buy toilet paper and whatnots. Still have some excess energy to burn so I think I'm off to the gym to do a quick run.

I'm sure I'll be around this weekend, if anyone gets triggered, just post. I'll chat with you till it passes. Catch you later! Keep well!
Had a chat to a nice young girl but not for long. Was not feeling too good so made a quick getaway. Their is one on a Saturday morning but I have to start attending to my part-time little business or I will loose my customers and I could do with the money to clear some of the debt I have built up while I have been drinking.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:34 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Not to sound funny, I think I have sort of like a chemical inbalance in my brain....the longer I go without drinking the more energetic I get and the harder it is for me to get to sleep.
My doctor mentioned something about bipolar once...I just looked at her like, what are you talking about.
But I really don't think I have that, it just may be something else. I don't have insurance at the time, so I'm not going to be finding out anytime soon. But that's ok, if I can't sleep, I have a room full of crafts and projects that I could be making for other's...I love to give.

Also, I love my allergy pills that were prescribed for me a while back. If I have too hard of time falling asleep, I just take a couple of them......and it's, 1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheeezzzZZZZZZzzzzZZZZ

XOXO
Old 06-02-2009, 07:53 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Chammy (I hope you don't mind me calling you that, if so, I'll quit)

I'm glad you made it to the therapist all fresh and clean and not stale

Good for you getting it all out there on the table today, I'm sure you feel much better...that is what you need.

Take care of yourself,
Hugs,
XOXO
Old 06-03-2009, 04:33 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Well day 3 and do not feel too bad. A bit of stomach cramps but that could be my stomach astonished at having food in it. Feeling restless but after 2 nights with hardly any sleep do not have any energy to do much. Might just have to potter around the house and pick a few things up.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:40 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

Well, I'm going into day 3...yippee!
Feeling pretty good.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I'll talk to you all later,
Hang in there Junebugs
XOXO
Old 06-03-2009, 07:49 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good job you two!

Ya Spen, my stomach wasn't good at all during that first week. It's much better now although I did have some weird pain while I was on the treadmill last night.

11 days behind me now. Working on 12.

I have happy hour tonight with my firends. I'm not worried that I'm going to drink. 3 out of the 5 of us aren't drinking. I told everyone I am on a diet, so Ice Tea only. Plus I'm driving... a line I have never crossed.

BUT, I am worried/curious as to how it will go. Will it still be as much fun? Will I be boring? Will I be bored? So far, it doesn't even bother me to imagine never drinking again. Will tonight change my mind? Make me miss it? Freak me out?

It's not a big trigger for me. I don't drink excessively in front of my friends and they don't drink very much. We'll see...
Old 06-03-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I think I am smoking twice as mang cigs since Sunday. Either coz I am at a lose end or because I am awake for twice as long. lol Anybody ever tried to quit both at the same time?
Old 06-03-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spen71 View Post
I think I am smoking twice as mang cigs since Sunday. Either coz I am at a lose end or because I am awake for twice as long. lol
My smoking has seen a dramatic upswing too! I've decided to not worry about it at the moment but it is something I'll have to address at a later time. Perhaps I've spent too much time reading on SR while mindlessly chainsmoking. Ouch!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Chamabama,

Yooohoooo! Day 12...that is awesome!

Go and try to have a good time tonight....You should be ok since there are a couple of your friends that won't be drinking.
I have been in social gatherings with my family before and it seemed that everyone was drinking, but I stuck it out and I ended up having a good time.

I'll be thinking about you...check in later and let us know how it turned out.

Hugs,
XOXO
Old 06-03-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

Well, I'm going into day 3...yippee!
Feeling pretty good.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I'll talk to you all later,
Hang in there Junebugs
XOXO
What are your plans for the day? Hope you have fun!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I am also drinking tea by the gallon with the odd cup of coffee. I read read somewhere that this is a good thing but also read somewhere that you should not drink to much. Think I will have to get some Turkish Apple Tea.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:04 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Chamabama,

Yooohoooo! Day 12...that is awesome!

Go and try to have a good time tonight....You should be ok since there are a couple of your friends that won't be drinking.
I have been in social gatherings with my family before and it seemed that everyone was drinking, but I stuck it out and I ended up having a good time.

I'll be thinking about you...check in later and let us know how it turned out.

Hugs,
XOXO
Thanks! It's not a big bar/drinking scene. Fancy restaurant near work that has a nice longe/outdoor patio. We girls get together every week or two and talk about our lives, etc. I think we fancy ourselves as our own little sex in the (west coast) city kinda group. It's not the kinda thing I can just stop doing because I need to be able to connect with my girlfriends. We do many other things that aren't drink related too (saw an off broadway show last Wednesday). Funny, the one friend that doesn't drink only stays for a couple of hours while we drinkers would go for a good 4-5 hours. Now that I'm not drinking, I wonder if I'll also be a 2 hour kinda gal. Maybe we're just not that intestesting sober?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Chamabama,

My plans for the day?
Not really sure...maybe head into the craft room and whip up some creations (since I didn't do it the other night), because my neices birthday is drawing closer and closer.

I'm thinking about heading to the craft store and treating myself to something small, since I'm not spending anymore money on beer. I really don't "need" anything else, but I do enjoy looking around

Thanks for asking.
XOXO
Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I am also drinking tea by the gallon with the odd cup of coffee. I read read somewhere that this is a good thing but also read somewhere that you should not drink to much. Think I will have to get some Turkish Apple Tea.
Half a pot of coffee in the morning, half a pot of lovely decaf chai in the afternoon... and I carry my bottle of water with me everywhere.

Really, have you tried drinking decaf tea? Might really help with your sleep? How are the daughters? Did they get some rest?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Right now I'm having my morning cup of coffee with a little hazelnut flavoring...Mmmmm!

My tea of choice is Lipton brand diet green tea, I could probably drink that stuff by the gallon.
XOXO
Old 06-03-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Chamabama,

My plans for the day?
Not really sure...maybe head into the craft room and whip up some creations (since I didn't do it the other night), because my neices birthday is drawing closer and closer.

I'm thinking about heading to the craft store and treating myself to something small, since I'm not spending anymore money on beer. I really don't "need" anything else, but I do enjoy looking around

Thanks for asking.
XOXO
That sounds lovely! Window shopping can be great fun and a nice way to get inspiration. I hope you do treat yourself to a little something! Maybe a book on a new kinda craft? Then you can be really inspired and throw yourself into your hobby. I know it's hard not working. Too many hours in the day!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chamabama View Post
Half a pot of coffee in the morning, half a pot of lovely decaf chai in the afternoon... and I carry my bottle of water with me everywhere.

Really, have you tried drinking decaf tea? Might really help with your sleep? How are the daughters? Did they get some rest?
I have never tried decaf tea...does it taste any different?
That is a good idea for Spen check out.
XOXO