Notices

Class Of June :)

Old 06-01-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Yea, I agree...
Over on this side of the pond, a lot of us are still awake...LOL!
It's 6:20 P.M. here
XOXO
Old 06-01-2009, 03:22 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ADayAtATime View Post
Yea, I agree...
Over on this side of the pond, a lot of us are still awake...LOL!
It's 6:20 P.M. here
XOXO
My partners father lives on the east coast so thought it was 5 hours difference.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I don't know much about the different time zones...LOL!
XOXO
Old 06-01-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Guess what I'm getting ready to do?
Kick back and have me a bowl of ice cream....Yummy!
Vanilla with heath toppings.
XOXO
Old 06-01-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

ADAT - Yay for skating. I love skating at the beach. As soon as June Gloom is over I'm headed to the beach. Happy B'day to your niece. You'll have a blast. Ice Cream sounds great too, but I've got some alcohol weight to drop. I'm making chocolate covered strawberries.

Sten - Maybe try decaf? Hope your asleep right now! I'm 8 hours different than you, so it's 3 in the morning...

Glad to hear that neither of you are suffering too much from withdrawals.

Hope all is well!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:36 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi there,

I had to leave for a little bit...a scary thunderstorm just came through. I had to do my routine of unplugging all of my valuable electronic gadgets, to protect them from the storm...plus I'm too poor to replace them.
I still hear thunder in the distance so I'm probably not out of the clear yet...Yikes, me so scared...lol.
Yes, I can't wait until I go skating...I hope I don't fall down, wouldn't that be a sight to see.
The ice cream was wonderful...believe me, I really shouldn't have that kind of stuff...I have so much weight I need to lose (again) from the beer and too much food...hee heee heee!
XOXO

Yup! The storm is coming back....Have to go for a few again....I wish I wasn't scared.
Now I wish I would have taken a shower earlier...I feel gross and won't do it during the storm. Plus if I die right now....when my body is found, they'll be like "Man this girl stinks"...lol. I think it's from the ride on my scooter earlier and my cloth's pick up all kinds of pollution and don't forget all of the bugs that end up splatting me all over the place...Ewwwww!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:16 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Well it is the 2nd June now. Slept awfully did not help that my 4 year old daughter woke up saying she was scared and got into our bed. Also my partner has bad sunburn and was moaning all night. I was had strange dreams when it did not feel like I was actually asleep.

Do not feel brilliant, still a bit shaky and head is fuzzy but ah well it could be worse I could be drunk.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:39 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good Morning! Yes, it took a few days before I could sleep much. And my dreams were crazy the first week! It gets better!

Congrats on 1 day!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Spen - what time is your meeting today? Be sure and let us know how it went. I'm sending you all sorts of good vibes!

ADAT - Glad you survived the thunderstorm! How are you doing?

Jade and Lily - How's it going?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chamabama View Post
Spen - what time is your meeting today? Be sure and let us know how it went. I'm sending you all sorts of good vibes!

ADAT - Glad you survived the thunderstorm! How are you doing?

Jade and Lily - How's it going?
Will be leaving soon. Going to walk up which will take 30 mins. Hopefully will clear my head out.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hey Chama,

Hanging in here today. Barely. Just went through our finances and we are in trouble, big trouble. My first instinct is to drink it all away but I am not going that way. I am going for a walk in a few to clear my head and then see what can be done about this big mess we are in. I feel absolutely miserable and responsible. I haven't held a job down in quite some time, it interfered with my drinking - hangover schedule and my husband who is a functioning alcoholic has been the main supporter. The amount of guilt looming over me is INTENSE. Hope everyone's day is going better.

~Jade

PS> GOOD LUCK at your meeting Spen =)
Old 06-02-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Jade - Glad you're making a better decision. Walks help me a great deal. I'm sorry that you're having financial difficulties. I have found that even in week 2 of no drinking, my problems are not feeling so overwhelming as they did last week.

Drinking won't make them go away. But when you're sober, you can find solutions to start making things better.

Good job! Please be gentle with yourself!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Just back from my first meeting. I just sat and listened and said a few words at the end. Was feeling hot, sweaty with a right headache. Well go back next week and see if i can say a few more words.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:23 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Checking in....
My hubby and I just got back from another scooter ride...pretty nice weather out there. I even packed a little snack and we stopped by the dam and looked out at the water. We might head back out after a while, still don't know yet.
So far so good, I'm strolling right along...trying not to even think about alcohol or should I say Beer...staying busy and telling myself I don't need it.

Spen-I'm sorry that you didn't have a very good night's sleep last night...hopefully tonight will be better...by the way, good luck at the meeting.

Chama-Yes, I survived the storm...Thank goodness. I'm such a wuss...lol. I also took my shower in between storms, so I did go to bed smelling a lot better...Ha! Haaa! Haaaa!
Since, I riding again today, I will probably need another shower tonight or I won't be able to sleep very well...I don't like that sticky, stinky feeling.

Jade-I am soo sorry to hear about your finances...believe me, I know exactly what your going through. Both my hubby and I have been out of work since Oct of 2009 and still haven't found anything yet. I'm also the only one who is able to collect unemployment (long story), so we are only living on 1 income. So, hang in there kiddo...I hope everything gets better for you and your family.
Hey, good for you for not giving in to the drink...it will not make anything any better, it will only make you feel worse...your better than that and you deserve to be happy

As Chama said: Jade and Lily-How are you two doing? If you have the time, please check in with us...

I hope everyone has a wonderful day...I will talk to you Junebugs in a few!

Also....You guys rock....So far we are making it through another day together....YEA!!!
I also want to let you all know....You are my rock and give me strength to want to be a better person, not only for myself but for the group too, I don't want to let you down because I know we are "trying" to do this together.
I will "try" my hardest to not fail you
(Does that make any sense? LOL)

Lot's of Luv and Hugs!!!
:ghug3
XOXO
Old 06-02-2009, 02:07 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

You guys must think I'm a nerd....LOL!

I put this in my post above:
As Chama said: Jade and Lily-How are you two doing? If you have the time, please check in with us...

I just realized that I should have been addressing "Keepcominback and lily" when I wrote this, since we haven't heard from them since yesterday...again, I'm sorry.

I'm such an airhead at times
Please forgive me...if I could edit it I would, but it won't let me.

XOXO
Old 06-02-2009, 03:24 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Haaaa! Haaaaa! Haaaaa!
I am soo happy I can laugh at myself...

Did anyone catch my other mistake in my earlier post?
I said that my Hubby and I have been unemployed since Oct of 2009...Wrong, it's supposed to be of 2008.

Gesh, I'll tell you....I need to pay more attention.

Oh Well, It made me laugh at myself once again and I'm known to be a goofball
XOXO
Old 06-02-2009, 05:59 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Well I am still here at 2am. 2 days sober and unable to sleep. Does not help that last night my 4 year old daughter was in the main bed screaming and tonight my 2 year old daughter is the same. Ah well will find plenty to do on here.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

I'd love to join the Junebugs! My first day was Monday as well I hope we all can be an inspriation to eachother!! The weeknights will be ok for me but once Friday rolls around (my trigger day) I will be sufferin big time! I'm kinda scared!! But, I've done it before and I know I can do I again.

So, I just want to let you all know that I really understand and feel your pain. I have been struggling with alcohol for a long time. I just want this to be finally it for me, I want to be done. And I hope we can help eachother find our way to sobriety...for good! One day at a time!

Blessings to all you Junebugs!! :praying
Old 06-02-2009, 06:43 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by livlaphluv View Post
I'd love to join the Junebugs! My first day was Monday as well I hope we all can be an inspriation to eachother!! The weeknights will be ok for me but once Friday rolls around (my trigger day) I will be sufferin big time! I'm kinda scared!! But, I've done it before and I know I can do I again.

So, I just want to let you all know that I really understand and feel your pain. I have been struggling with alcohol for a long time. I just want this to be finally it for me, I want to be done. And I hope we can help eachother find our way to sobriety...for good! One day at a time!

Blessings to all you Junebugs!! :praying
Friday is always a trigger day to me. Come lunch I am just thinking of my first beer.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:13 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hello LivLaphLuv

Welcome to our group of Junebugs, we're very happy to have you on board.

I totally agree...I hope that we can help eachother find our way to sobriety for good too (by the way, I liked the way you worded that).

Now for me personally, I have been through many stages of my beer drinking career...first I would only drink on weekends, then added on night during the week in the mix, then every 3 days and it didn't matter what day it was...just as long as it ended in Y....LOL.
Well, now I'm unemployed, still looking for work...so everyday can be a trigger day for me
I'm staying busy and putting it out of my mind and concentrating on other things.

Since Friday is just a few more days away...you just make sure you come in here and we will help you out as best as we can. Ok, well only if you feel like it...I'm not trying to sound pushing, I'm only messing with you. But seriously, if you need us...we've got your back

Thank you for being here....I love my old friends, just as much as making new ones.
So keep coming back,
And Blessings to you too my friend...

Hugs,
XOXO