Notices

Class Of June :)

Old 06-01-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The thunderstorms didn't scare me, it was the tornados. The constant "watches" and "warnings"... I'm glad to be back in earthquake country. You can't really worry about it because there is no warning. It happens or it doesn't. I'll be happy if I never have to see another basement again. Basements in and of themselves are creepy to me!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chamabama View Post
I hope that's centigrade and not farenheit!

You're going to a meeting tomorrow, right? I look forward to hearing how it goes!

Welcome!
LOL!!!!! duh!
If I only had a brain :rotfxko
XOXO
Old 06-01-2009, 09:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jade19 View Post
Hello Junebugs!!!

Day 1 and I am sooo tired....weather is nice and balmy and I had a crappy sleep last night but this month is going to be a great one!!!

Tooo funny ADAT, I am scared of lightning also!! I won't shower until it passes, hate to drive if it's out there and I too unplug appliances!!! LOL

Spen71, hope you start to feel better soon...I am thinking of you! =)

~Jade
(((Jade)))
Your right, this month is going to be a great one...I just have that feeling, let's stick together and make this work.

The more I talk with you, the more I realize how much we have in common...lol. I won't get in the shower during the storm either, I'm afraid I will get zapped. Then if I die in the shower I don't want to be discovered all naked...how embarrassing would that be? Just Kidding.

XOXO
Old 06-01-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I hope that's centigrade and not farenheit!

You're going to a meeting tomorrow, right? I look forward to hearing how it goes!

Welcome!
Lol of course it is centigrade. Would be cold if it was farenheit. Yes it is my first meeting tomorrow. Need to force myself through the door, feeling very shy about it.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The thunderstorms didn't scare me, it was the tornados. The constant "watches" and "warnings"... I'm glad to be back in earthquake country. You can't really worry about it because there is no warning. It happens or it doesn't. I'll be happy if I never have to see another basement again. Basements in and of themselves are creepy to me!
Ok, Ok, I'm scared of Tornado's too
When there is a funnel heading our way....you see me scurrying to the basement. Then I'm yelling up the steps and pleading with my Hubby to join me downstairs. He's not scared of storms like I am...so he just laughs at me, he's such a brat, but I love him to pieces.
XOXO
Old 06-01-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ADayAtATime View Post
Now don't laugh at me...I don't mind rain, but I'm scared of lightening...LOL!
Ok, I laughed for you
Here I am a 40 year old woman and I'm scared of lightening...ecspecially when the claps of thunder get closer and closer. Then I go around and unplug some of the electronics...my mom had a TV explode from a thunder storm.
XOXO
Hahah, I usually do get uneasy with thunder because it's that anticipation of it after a flash of lightening...you don't know when exactly it's going to hit or how loud it's going to be. D:
Growing up, our neighbors had a pond and one Sunday morning we had a big storm blow through, lightening struck their pond and it made our TV in the living room turn ON. That was creepy. Glad it happened in the morning and not in the middle of the night!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I grew up in a rural area that was hit with tornadoes a few times. Yeah, very, very freaky and will gladly never have to deal with another for the rest of my life. From what I've seen and been told the past seven years of living in Chicago, it's virtually impossible for tornadoes to form with the lake and buildings or something so that's probably why I'm more at ease with storms in general now.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Lily,
Yep...it would scare the living daylights out of me if the TV came on by it's self in the middle of the night...I wouldn't be able to sleep after that.
When I was younger, our nextdoor neighbors tree was struck by lightening and it almost fell into their house...Yikes.
Right now we have a "big" pine tree in our front yard...if it were to get struck, I can't imagine the damage it would cause.
XOXO
Old 06-01-2009, 09:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

We are lucky in this country that we very rarely get tornados. I remember when at my Father-in-Law house in Va. We had a few.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

LOL ADAAT!! I fear the whole naked thing too!! I'm so glad I met you!! <3

Chama, I lived in Oklahoma for a while and the tornadoes scared me constantly!! I'm not sure I'd do much better with earthquakes...I think I'll stick with the huge Texas cockroaches!! LOL

GO TEAM JUNE!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:30 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Ditto Jade...
I'm so glad I met you too!
Your too kind.
XOXO
Old 06-01-2009, 01:39 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,
Well the sun decided to come out after all, so Hubby and I decided to ride our scooters and take care of a few arrands...it's a real cheap way to get around town, plus it's very therapeutic.
How is everyone's day doing so far?
I'm feeling pretty good right now.
XOXO
Old 06-01-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Sun is still hidden away over here. Had some anxiety after emailing my therapist, as is to be expected. Hopped in the shower, walked to the market a mile away with my iPod, came home, made a lovely piece of salmon and some broccoli, posted a bit here. Voila, feeling a bit more relaxed.

Glad you're feeling good. What are your plans for this evening?
Old 06-01-2009, 02:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Well I have nearly got my through my first day. Do not feel to bad but have drank a lot of tea so will not be able to sleep.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Chamabama,
Good for you!!!
That sounded like a good plan to me...getting out there, keeping yourself busy and to top it off with a nice meal, kind of like switching the gears in your mind.
Staying positive and busy is a wonderful way to stay on track.

As for my plans tonight...since I'm unemployed (both hubby and I have been laid off since Oct) and broke, I'm just going to pop in and out of here, watch some TV and maybe look at some craft books.
My neice is having a birthday this month (she's going to be 9), so I need to make a card and some other crafty little project. She is going to have a skating party...I am sooo looking foward to it...LOL! I haven't skated in years, but I'm looking forward to it.

Thank you for asking...
Also, keep hanging in there...You did "really" good today
Hugs,
XOXO
Old 06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Spen,
Yeah!!!! Congrats to making it through your first day!
I hope that you are able to get some sleep tonight...if not, look on the bright side, at least you won't be waking up with a hangover
Keep it up
XOXO
Old 06-01-2009, 02:53 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Spen,
Yeah!!!! Congrats to making it through your first day!
I hope that you are able to get some sleep tonight...if not, look on the bright side, at least you won't be waking up with a hangover
Keep it up
XOXO
Doubt I will be able to sleep much which will not please my partner. My withdrawal is not as bad as the time I worked at the brewery but I have not been drinking as much.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Spen,
That's good that your withdrawls aren't that bad...I don't know much about withdrawls, but just be careful...I heard that they can be dangerous.
I don't have withdrawls and I'm not the type that needs alcohol (I'm not saying that you do)...it's just I crave the buzz and wanting to feel different when I don't have it for a few days.
If you have a hard time sleeping, just keep popping in here...I'm sure that someone else will be awake
XOXO
Old 06-01-2009, 03:10 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Spen,
That's good that your withdrawls are that bad...I don't know much about withdrawls, but just be careful...I heard that they can be dangerous.
I don't have withdrawls and I'm not the type that needs alcohol (I'm not saying that you do)...it's just I crave the buzz and wanting to feel different when I don't have it for a few days.
If you have a hard time sleeping, just keep popping in here...I'm sure that someone else will be awake
XOXO
Well it is 23.00 here so I guess many people will be on over your side of the pond.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Darn it...Spen I'm sorry.
I tried to catch my typo before you read it....but you were just too fast for me.

This is what was in the post: That's good that your withdrawls are that bad...

I meant to have aren't that bad....

I apologize, that's what I get for submitting before rereading
XOXO