Notices

Class Of June :)

Old 06-03-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chamabama View Post
Half a pot of coffee in the morning, half a pot of lovely decaf chai in the afternoon... and I carry my bottle of water with me everywhere.

Really, have you tried drinking decaf tea? Might really help with your sleep? How are the daughters? Did they get some rest?
Have tried decaf tea before and did not like the taste much. Do not know if it is different other there. They are running around at the moment singing songs so hopefully they will be tired tonight.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:12 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ADayAtATime View Post
Right now I'm having my morning cup of coffee with a little hazelnut flavoring...Mmmmm!

My tea of choice is Lipton brand diet green tea, I could probably drink that stuff by the gallon.
XOXO
Did you gain weight from the drinking? I sure did. 25 pounds on my short 5'4" frame. I'm already down 10lbs, which is nice. I'm just starting to get back into my clothes. What a relief!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:12 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Right now I'm having my morning cup of coffee with a little hazelnut flavoring...Mmmmm!

My tea of choice is Lipton brand diet green tea, I could probably drink that stuff by the gallon.
XOXO
I have had that coffee before when I have been over in the States. Did not really like it much.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I can't tell any difference between decaf and regular. Not a bit! It's like decaf and regualr coffee. No difference. When I was young, I worked as a waitress. We used to secretly serve our late night tables decaf instead of regular so that they would get tired and go home already! Nobody can tell the difference!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Did you gain weight from the drinking? I sure did. 25 pounds on my short 5'4" frame. I'm already down 10lbs, which is nice. I'm just starting to get back into my clothes. What a relief!
Actually...drinking never really put the weight on me.
It's all the junk food and over eating that does.
Since I'm not working now, I have really put on a lot of weight.
Which is really sad because about 3 years ago I was on a strict diet and lost about 60 pounds....so far I have gained most of it back.
I think that once I get my mind on track...I need to concentrate on eating healthier...I know that will make a world of difference.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Not a fan of hazelnut or any flavored coffee. I like a nice strong Columbian! I think I need to cut back a bit as towards the end of the pot I start to get jittery. But right now, one thing at a time. I'm not going to worry about being over-caffeinated, so long as I'm not drunk.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I'm sure I gained some weight because of the alcohol calories, but a large part of my weight gain probably came from the day after. When I was hung over, I just had to have greasy food and sodas. I think it was the hangover junk food that really did me in. When I'm not drinking, I have no desire for crappy foods. But I live and grew up in SoCal; I think healthy eating is a pretty prevelant lifestyle here.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:27 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Not a fan of hazelnut or any flavored coffee. I like a nice strong Columbian! I think I need to cut back a bit as towards the end of the pot I start to get jittery. But right now, one thing at a time. I'm not going to worry about being over-caffeinated, so long as I'm not drunk.
I drink Walmart brand Columbian coffee, then add a little of the hazelnut flavored liquid creamer.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Spen-Keeping my fingers crossed that your girls tire out so you can finally get some sleep...You really need your rest
Old 06-03-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Spen-Keeping my fingers crossed that your girls tire out so you can finally get some sleep...You really need your rest
Got some apple tea now. Had it when I was in Turkey and luckily we have a Turkish shop nearby. So no caffeine at all tonight. Eating their dinner now so they should be in bed in a couple of hours.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:56 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Can you believe that we're having a thunderstorm here!?! I think you all have jinxed SoCal!

Computer unplugged, already showered! lol
Old 06-03-2009, 02:02 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

LOL!!!!! :rotfxko That is too funny
Now don't go sending it back this way
Stay dry and safe Cham!
XOXO
Old 06-03-2009, 03:41 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Junebugs (looks like that's your alias already, huh)

You've completed the circle that we started with the first Class thread - Class of July 2008. If you keep it up you can get some great support from each other as you hit the milestones around the same time. We've managed to keep a small core group for the entire year. Lost some to relapses/setbacks and lost a bunch when we got in a big group argument (not our proudest moment) that happened around 90 days if memory serves. BTW, memory is serving a lot better after almost a year since my last drink.

Anyway, hang in there and stop by us old kids on the block when you want some old school advice. If we don't answer quickly, nothing personal, we're just not spending as much time here as we used to.

Best of luck!
Old 06-03-2009, 03:46 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thank You! I vow to complete the circle and welcome in the "Class of June, 2010"! What a wonderful gesture!

I will certainly look to y'all as a resource! Thank you again! This post really made my day. I'm grinning from ear to ear from the niceness of it all!
Old 06-03-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Count me in....Wouldn't that be something...."Class of June 2010", what an exciting milestone that would be

Joinedintime-Thank you for your post...gives me hope for my future and anything is possible if you "really" try. There is hope for me yet

XOXO
Old 06-03-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement and I will be here on Friday!! I will be looking for my new friends who understand what I'm going through. I'm a little nervous to tell me "drinking buddies" at this point. They may be a little too influential right now.

How do we carry on with our friends who still drink? It seems like we have to keep distance?
Old 06-03-2009, 06:29 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

What's fun now?

Thanks! It's not a big bar/drinking scene. Fancy restaurant near work that has a nice longe/outdoor patio. We girls get together every week or two and talk about our lives, etc. I think we fancy ourselves as our own little sex in the (west coast) city kinda group. It's not the kinda thing I can just stop doing because I need to be able to connect with my girlfriends. We do many other things that aren't drink related too (saw an off broadway show last Wednesday). Funny, the one friend that doesn't drink only stays for a couple of hours while we drinkers would go for a good 4-5 hours. Now that I'm not drinking, I wonder if I'll also be a 2 hour kinda gal. Maybe we're just not that intestesting sober?
I think this is that hardest part for me. I'm a "fun" drunk and people love to party with me. What happens now that I don't want to drink? Sometimes I feel like I need the liquor to open up that fun side of me. But that's just silly, right?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:41 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I'm home all safe, sound and sober. It was fun and still no desire to drink. Yay! I'm off to the gym. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:52 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by livlaphluv View Post
Thanks for the encouragement and I will be here on Friday!! I will be looking for my new friends who understand what I'm going through. I'm a little nervous to tell me "drinking buddies" at this point. They may be a little too influential right now.

How do we carry on with our friends who still drink? It seems like we have to keep distance?
I'm sorry. I really don't know. I was a huge closet drinker, rarely drank with friends and when I did, it was just a little. Then I'd stop on the way home and get a bottle so my own 'real' private party could begin.

I imagine that you need to stay away from drinking buddies. Or do things with them that don't involve drinking. If they don't want to do non-drinking things then maybe they have a problem too? In which case, it might be time to make some new friends. Do you go to meetings? Seems like a great place to make friends that don't use.

Maybe you should post this as a new topic on the boards. I bet there are a whole lot of people that have much better advice than us newbies can offer! Or ask joindintime (see above). Their group has a ton more experience, right?

:ghug3
Old 06-04-2009, 02:01 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Well 3 days fully gone and just woke up for my 4th day. Slept for 10 hours but still feel tired. Got a bit of a headache and feel sicky. Suppose this is to be expected after so long of abusing my body.