Notices

Class Of June :)

Old 06-15-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jade19 View Post

I am starting day 6 today and am feeling great, well except for the lack of sleep and a bit of leg pain but it's a whole hell of a lot better than foggy and hungover!! How many of us are on day 6? It seems like quite a few...Me, Waterfountain and Eclipse so far....

~Reb
I'm on day 6 as well!!!!! My body aches are better, but still there. I am also still very exhausted.

Chamabama-I am so jealous that you went to Target! You would not believe how difficult it was for me to find a callous remover so I could give myself a pedicure today. I actually had to rely on good old gestures and pretend I was shaving my feet to get my point across. Oy vay!

I think starting a new thread about partners or spouses drinking while you are sober is an excellent idea. I am very curious to see what others say about it. I know that right now, I would not deal with it very well. Makes me feel a little self-absorbed and selfish, but my sobriety is very important!

Glad to see everybody is doing well.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:23 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

hey jade19
sorry about the difficult night but you made it thru
i know when i am around others who are drinking, and actually enjoying it, and not acohilic drinking--it does really get to me and kick in all the cravings and ect...but when i am around someone who is completely wasted, or who has a drinking problem, i see myself and i too feel sorry for them...and this makes me NOT want to drink...it's a reminder of why i have to quit for good and never go back, the happy drinking days are SO long gone, i don't even remember the last time i enjoyed it?!?!? are you guys trying to do this together, or are you on your own?
spen--congrats!! i don't smoke but i can't imagine how difficult it must be to be fighting off two demons, i can't even handle one!!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jade09 View Post
hey jade19
sorry about the difficult night but you made it thru
i know when i am around others who are drinking, and actually enjoying it, and not acohilic drinking--it does really get to me and kick in all the cravings and ect...but when i am around someone who is completely wasted, or who has a drinking problem, i see myself and i too feel sorry for them...and this makes me NOT want to drink...it's a reminder of why i have to quit for good and never go back, the happy drinking days are SO long gone, i don't even remember the last time i enjoyed it?!?!? are you guys trying to do this together, or are you on your own?
spen--congrats!! i don't smoke but i can't imagine how difficult it must be to be fighting off two demons, i can't even handle one!!
Too stressed as soon as I came home. Think I might leave it for another couple of weeks.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:30 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

spen--
you mean quitting smoking @ the same time? one thing at a time, i think anyway?-- it's hard enough right now, focus on one thing, and hopefully in time things will get easier to deal with, and then you can continue improving yourself, i've realized this is going to be a life long commitment, in the past i've always thought after a few months it was going to go away and leave me alone, but now i know i am going to be trying to make a better life, EVERYDAY, wheather it's about quitting or not, i'm trying to make everyday from here foward another day i am proud of, another day in the right direction with all the aspects of life...there's so much more to live when sober......so don't try to win in one day...you have the rest of your life to keep improving and becoming the person you want to be. focus on today, and be proud of everything you are doing to get there hope your stress lessens...try to find something to keep you busy...even if it's just a walk.
STAY STRONG
Old 06-15-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jade09 View Post
spen--
you mean quitting smoking @ the same time? one thing at a time, i think anyway?-- it's hard enough right now, focus on one thing, and hopefully in time things will get easier to deal with, and then you can continue improving yourself, i've realized this is going to be a life long commitment, in the past i've always thought after a few months it was going to go away and leave me alone, but now i know i am going to be trying to make a better life, EVERYDAY, wheather it's about quitting or not, i'm trying to make everyday from here foward another day i am proud of, another day in the right direction with all the aspects of life...there's so much more to live when sober......so don't try to win in one day...you have the rest of your life to keep improving and becoming the person you want to be. focus on today, and be proud of everything you are doing to get there hope your stress lessens...try to find something to keep you busy...even if it's just a walk.
STAY STRONG
I know you are right but I thought I was in such a positive mood that I could do it. I have quit the smoking for a year at a time before so I know I can do it but I am going to be sober for 1 month before I try to quit the cigs again.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:04 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You can find your new home

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2262973

Thanks everyone for sharing