Notices

Class of July 2008 Part III

Old 08-18-2008, 12:56 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Jig

Hi all,

Just dropped in to say hello and well done to everyone for sticking with it.
I'm definitely struggling to keep up with this thread but I look in when I can.
Congratulations to anyone who has passed any milestones that I have missed.

I've lost count of how many days it's been since I picked up a drink, but I'm not drinking today. That's enough for me.

All the best to everyone.:bounce
Old 08-18-2008, 02:46 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Surrender View Post
I dont really count mine either. The first 30 was different. Now its time to move on and just focus on one day at a time. Hang in there buddy. I know you can do this.
Yes, I think a lot of people count the first 30 and then relax on the counting. It makes sense really. And thanks for the encouragement.

Jules you did make sense.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:31 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Today Im hopeful. I made a new video last night. YouTube - Hope Twista Feat Faith Evans
Old 08-18-2008, 04:57 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Staying sober one day at a time has gotten me to 36 days sober as of today. Well, today is the beginning of day 36 and I'm delighted to say "I will not drink today"! That little phrase has gotten me to five weeks sober and I'm so happy to be travelling on the road to recovery.

I like waking up sober and not having to wonder what I did last night. I like going thru each day sober and not having to hide bottles or stay away from anyone who might smell the wine on my breath. I like no longer having to lie to my kids. I like being honest with myself first and foremost.

I know I'll never be "cured" of my alcohol addiction but I also know that I can keep the disease at bay one day at a time!

:ghug
Old 08-18-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Good morning class!

Seems that some of us are starting to flounder a bit...I know that in the past week I've had many, "man, will i keep going?" days. And then there are other days where I think, "my lord this feels good!". We just need to ride them out...the rough ones, that is!

The thing is, if a lot of us are feeling this way at this point....I'm thinking it's a natural progression and part of our healing. Our addiction is thinking, "wait a minute! this time seems serious!" and is sending out death throes to catch our attention. Don't let it! Stomp on that sucker! Waking up sober....how WONDERFUL!!!! Every time you hear that "hmmmm" thought in your head, remember that it's your addiction getting antsy 'cause you are kicking it's butt!

Stay strong, everyone!!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Argh I drank last night and it sucked. Im not making any excuses as to why, it just happened. Now all I need to do is make sure it doesnt turn into a week long or month long bender. So, I am making an effort to start over today. Its really worrying me though that my folks are leaving for California for 10 days and being alone is a big trigger for me. Oh man now I'm already making excuses for my next drink! I just gotta have faith in myself.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:38 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hi Felly,

Treat yourself like you would a friend who slipped and don't beat yourself. You're not making excuses, you're trying to figue out why you drank last night. I'm sorry..........

Kathleen
Old 08-18-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

What a Peepy Upbeat post dancing girl! Thank you. What a nice way to wake up. Do you do morning calls?

No hangovers for me on my 28th day - 4 week mark. It's a big one. Hope it won't tailspin me into a craving tonight.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

bostonluv: lol...yeah, sometimes I have too much coffee and I get all full of pep! lol I'm usually full of something, might as well be pep for a change. haha! Congratulations on your four week mark!!! Of COURSE you won't drink tonight!!! You're going to do something nice for yourself...maybe a nice bath?...a hot fudge sundae?....a new book/cd/book-on-tape (teehee)...but you won't drink.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:39 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Man, I am really tired today. Its day........... thirty something for me. I think day 37.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Yep T2S, day 37!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Holy Cow, is this a class!? I've missed out on some homework I bet. Heck, it's just like high school. What did I forget to turn in?!

:ghug To you all.
I'm on day 41 (I think).
Still going strong.

Keep up the great work everyone.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hey felly, don't be too hard on yourself, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep on going. make a plan for the time your family will be away on how you'll stay sober.

for me I am checking in at the 21 day mark.
This weekend went really well. I went to my friend's place first, and they were there, he had just come home from the czech republic and brought back this alcohol called slivovitz (not spelling it right but anyways) that is a plum liquer but that is not really a good way to describe this flaming death in a bottle that, if you open it and are sitting 10 feet away from it, the smell goes wafting over to you and I swear the fumes would, uh, IGNITE
anyway so that drink I have tried in the past, it was like a special thing because he brought it back all the way from the CR. It is HARSH as hell. So when it was offered to me this time, I said, 'no thank you! I am driving." and it was fine! I could smell it as my friends took shots and my stomach just rolled...
Instead of being angry/whiny that I was "missing out," i actually felt relieved and happy that I wasn't drinking it!
then at the bar later for the concert it was easy to order plain tonic water (no gin!) and then regular water. Once more I was very aware of my surroundings since I wasn't drunk, and was watching people get hammered and act stupid. Plus the place really stank badly of, who the hell knows what! old stale cigarettes, vomit, spilled beer, and so on...EEWW
so because of that I was ready to leave at around midnight, even though there was one more band scheduled to play. and it was weird because before, I would have wanted to stay till the last possible minute to drink as much as possible or I would have been mad to have to leave early. So I am happy to find a new me emerging!
only had one real craving for a few minutes and that was after seeing my favorite band and was ordering for my friend at the bar, the beer looked icy cold and I could hear it's siren song as I stared at the bottle...but then I thought it through, and in about ten seconds I was over it.
Ok so that's it am back home and tired out, hope everyone had a good weekend and keep on going!! --noba
Old 08-18-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good for you Noba!! You did great and I'm proud of you! You're doing fantastic!

I'm feeling very good about the sober me these days. I also am able to talk sense to myself if the beast raises its arguments. I know what it will do to me and I'm not having any of it! Tomorrow (in two hours) I'll be starting my 37th day sober and just very excited that I'm finally learning how to live sober and not drown everything in wine. I'm learning that I like myself a lot better sober and I am trusting my own judgement again. Life is looking up these days. I still have all the same problems but am dealing with them sober and clear-headed.

Last year I couldn't imagine myself sober, now I can't imagine myself drunk or getting drunk. I can help take my girl to college and don't have to worry about how I act or how I'll drive home. I can stick to worrying about 'normal' stuff and not get nervous if a cop car is behind me.

You all are making my sober journey more rewarding than if I were travelling alone. Thank you all for being here. It means more than I can say!

Old 08-18-2008, 09:41 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Of COURSE you won't drink tonight!!! You're going to do something nice for yourself...maybe a nice bath?...a hot fudge sundae?....a new book/cd/book-on-tape (teehee)...but you won't drink.
Hey how did you know that Dancing Girl? No hot fudge but I did have dinner with a friend. Free food and good company. Now that's always a treat!

Paperdolls, Nob and Least on your days as usual.

Pstt..I still get nervous when a cop behind me. Old habits die hard. Never been arrested though. Should have been. Just plain lucky on that one.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:41 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Felly-pick yourself up and keep going.I know relapses can be part of recovery but you don't have to make it your MO.And you won't.I've often read your posts and thought- here's someone who WILL make it.You will.I believe in you.

Bostonluv-every day I read stuff you say and laugh-in a good way.Thank you for bringing some joy to my life.

I am really feeling like crap tonight and I'd love to drink-but I won't.I am so damn tired of having a husband who just doesn't get the pressure I'm under and I just feel very self pityish right now.But I'll get through it.I hate whining so I'll just take these matches and set fire to my martyrish self now and get it over with-LOL

If anyone posts how sobriety rocks right now I promise I'll slap them.Truly.

Jules-being her typical grouchy self.I hope to be better tomorrow.Just wanted to check in.

Day 41-go me-yada yada yada etc. Wheres the fkn pom poms already?
Old 08-19-2008, 03:43 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Jig

Hi all,

Felly, there's a sober person inside of you, you just have to keep going. Hang in there mate.

I know I've had some close calls myself but as hard as it gets to stay off the grog, drinking it is always worse. Everyday I am seeing reminders of that. Everytime I come to SR or get to a meeting I get a dose of reality that helps me put things back into perspective.

Thanks to everyone for helping me to stay alcohol free for another day.

Jig.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:18 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Old 08-19-2008, 07:44 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Day 64 and falling apart. I feel like I am dead inside.. I am doing the steps started step 4 it is going to take me a while as I guess I have a lot of stuff to write about.

I did not drink but had an emotional relapse and it is driving me to the edge. I emailed my sponsor this AM as I was to ashamed to tell her that after she took me to a meeting and started me on the second part of step 4 I got in my car and text my ex and manipulated him in to coming over. He did. Now we are both of mess. He is on the verge of drinking after being sober almost 6 years because he cannot stay close to god and stop hurting people. I am new in recovery and wanted to be someone I am not and I treated him so bad I am disgusted with myself.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:56 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Here you go Jules. Kick her in the knees, that'll make you feel better.

He did. Now we are both of mess. He is on the verge of drinking after being sober almost 6 years because he cannot stay close to god and stop hurting people. I am new in recovery and wanted to be someone I am not and I treated him so bad I am disgusted with myself.
I'm very new to recovery and an exboyfriend would be the first peron I would call to hold me after someone close to me died. I think you're being too hard on yourself Chris. My thoughts will be with you again today.