Notices

Class of July 2008 Part III

Old 08-20-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Dancinggirl. I want to drink I have a reason. I want to forget!!!!!!! I want to have fun!!!!! I want to do stuff that you do only when you are drunk and get away with it and use it as an excuse for my pain!!! BUt I will not as I need to be strong even though every ounce of my being is telling me F-it who cares, no one loves you anyways
Old 08-20-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey again dancinggirl - sorry for the delay - ISP on the fritz

the one day at a time thing works for a reason IMO....in the early days if I thought too far it, it'd all gets too overwhelming, it was too much, I'd panic and find myself drinking again.

This disease will use anything to get you back - fear's a good one.

Just keep it real - you didn't drink yesterday - do that again today....it's not a new skill -you're already doing it

D

Try focusing on why you won't drink this weekend
Old 08-20-2008, 02:58 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

DancingGirl, please stay in your current location: OUTSIDE of a bottle! Please don't sabotage your own efforts and successes. Drinking will only make it worse and you'll feel crappy for drinking. You can stay sober. Please try!

:ghug3
Old 08-21-2008, 01:42 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Jig

DancingGirl, stick with it mate.

(That goes for everyone else as well!)
Old 08-21-2008, 03:53 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

hi dancingirl, there is a book I read called "Narrative means to sober ends" and you might find that book very helpful. In it it talks about using writing as a tool for recovery, where you write a letter to alcohol saying everything you want to say. you can do this every day if you want to.
I would say make yourself another plan for the weekend before that drinking plan looms too large in your mind. You can do this. think it through, think through how sh1tty you wil feel if you drink this weekend, think of hte hangover, the disappointment, and guilt etc.
you can do this! keep posting! --noba
Old 08-21-2008, 03:58 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

check in post to say I am going offline for several days, goin up to Quebec city for the first time, I am very excited =) and as it turns out, it is with my ex. we had a very long talk after the one I wrote about, and we are giving things another try. he is happy about my sobriety and I am too.
One thing I have been thinking is to make sure that I am doing this for me, and I feel that I am, since we were split up for some time and I came to the decision before we were talking again. Yet I recognize the potential hazard there, of going back, getting comfortable, and then thinking "oh everything's fine now, so I can drink socially right??"
WRONG!
so once again I have my plan for the weekend. It will be easier w him because he is pretty much sober all the time, and may drink a glass of champagne very rarely (must be nice to be able to do just that!!)

I want to wish everyone a good weekend and for everyone struggling you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Congratulations Bostonlov on 30 days!! I am inspired to make it there too =)

take care all and remember keep it simple! --noba
Old 08-21-2008, 04:57 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Today is the beginning of day 39! Yay for me!

:ghug

Today is my birthday and I need a hug.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for your support....I feel bad that people have spent so much time posting for me....but I do appreciate it. Today is day 40...I just don't know about many more.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:49 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Today is day 66...

I am not happy.. I am miserable... Still want to drink but I will not... For today.. I want the pain to end so I need everyone's support including you dancinggirl. I know it seems easier. I have had an awful week and I am going to make it. My uncle died and I was being 2 timed. I have a wake tonight and I just want to curl up and die I have never felt this way before in my left. I have let my disease and him take everything from me. I have no joy, no hope.. Just sorrow and I need you
Old 08-21-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Awwww...being 2-timed sucks! I'm so sorry about your uncle, too! Thinking of you....
Old 08-21-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Narrative means to sober ends" and you might find that book very helpful. In it it talks about using writing as a tool for recovery, where you write a letter to alcohol saying everything you want to say. you can do this every day if you want to.
Like a Dear John Letter to alcohol? LOL I love that!

Dancing Girl I really like you but I also want to smack some sense into you. Jules!!!!!
I gues if you aren't done with it: you aren't done with it. I looked back on my 2007 posts and saw Tazman and Glass Prisoner talking to me but I really wasn't moved by it because I wasn't ready I guess. But their posts mean something to me now. I don't why the scales lift sometimes and we see things that we couldn't see before.

Yay 39 Days!!
Yes Yay!! Awesome Least!

Chrstin: Wakes can be really healing as they are more a celebration of someone's life. You may find it uplifting and yourself crying and laughing. I wish that for you. I'm sory you are so very sad. I am here for you....
Old 08-21-2008, 07:32 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

lol...bostonluv....I totally agree....I've needed a head-slapping many times in my life.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

lol...bostonluv....I totally agree....I've needed a head-slapping many times in my life.
Maybe you should go into the 12 step thread and post. They'll eat you for lunch!! I hope everyone knows I am teasing here. No offense- don't send me hate mail please!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Good morning.

Happy Birthday Least! Bet it is great to have a sober one. :day4

Sorry you are still feeling low Christin but it will pass eventually and you will be back to normal. Like boston says, wakes can be a celebration of a person's life if you choose to look at it that way.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

bostonluv: you made me snort my coffee! and that burns!!! hahahahaha
Old 08-21-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dancinggirl View Post
Thank you all so much for your support....I feel bad that people have spent so much time posting for me....but I do appreciate it. Today is day 40...I just don't know about many more.
One day at a time.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:58 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hey - Just checking in. Life has been CRAZY...busy at work, and feeding my "addiction" to Olympic coverage. That's good though b/c not much time to think about drinking and I can wake up to watch events without feeling like I need to puke or not being able to see the TV straight! Hope all is well with the entire July class.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

I feel better now See it passes and I made through it sober. I am thinking about dating again.. Just starting slowly... More I should say not dating just meeting new people and making it clear I am not ready to date just meet people. I need to get out of this funk caused by myself and him...
Old 08-21-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bostonluv View Post
Dancing Girl I really like you but I also want to smack some sense into you. Jules!!!!!
This made me laugh! You mean, you don't rely on me for sunshine,puppies and cuddles?I'm SHOCKED! LOL

I posted to Dancing Girl over in the chronic thread so I won't repeat myself here.(thanks for your response DG! )

I do want to say though, I've looked back at some of my first posts here too, and it's so obvious to me now that I wasn't ready to quit then too.Hindsight is a wonderful thing, eh? That said though, we don't HAVE to go all the way down before we decide to stop either but it wasn't until I became fully aware that this disease was out to kill me that I got serious about it.I guess the timing is different for everyone.

I'll post again later.It's early morning here and I'm probably not making complete sense yet(do I ever?)
Old 08-21-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Administrator

no, but I digress

I'm pleased to see you're still here Dancinggirl - that means something.

Bostonluv - you made me laugh out loud at 6.30am in the morning LOL - thanks

D