Class of July 2008 Part III

Old 08-14-2008, 08:31 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, still sober and loving it.

Stone- hang in their dude, thanks for coming back. :ghug3
Old 08-14-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Happy to still be sober on my 32nd day of sobriety. I didn't deliberately do this but I've noticed that any time I even think about drinking I feel quite sick to my stomach. It's a great deterrent as I haven't thought of drinking (seriously) for days now. And any time the thought even comes to mind I feel horrible.

But I'm too stubborn to sabotage my success. I will not drag myself back to day one. Been there too many times and ain't going back there!

To anyone still struggling - don't give up! And don't beat yourself up either, it's counterproductive.

:ghug
Old 08-14-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toomutch View Post
Stone - try not to be to hard on yourself. Get back up and start again. Your in my thoughts.

Suzette aka Stone
LOL
Old 08-14-2008, 03:04 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was feeling so pleased about not having cravings to drink and that I literally feel sick when I think about drinking. Well I had a craving hit me today out of nowhere. So I talked myself out of it, not that I was in any danger of drinking, but I gave myself a pep talk and sure enough, the craving passed and I hadn't given in.

I want to stay sober more than I want to drink... and I don't really want to drink.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:32 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

hi all, today is day 17. having a pretty good week so far. This weekend is when I will be going to another concert. I just found out that an old friend will be going as well, which now makes two old friends I used to party with. Which makes me a little nervous.
But like last weekend I can do it! I will just need to plan like last time.
It feels like each time I am exposing myself to the situations that are triggers, I am working through them. But I know that it can be a danger too and that I need to be careful. The voice could return that tries to convince me that it would be ok to drink again, after all I have made it two weeks, and what's the harm in having a few with some old friends? those are the kinds of comments I need to ignore.
I also know that the three week mark is a tough one, as well as one month.
one day at a time.

Stone thank you so much for coming back, you can never give up, remember growth is a spiral not a straight line (no pun intended!)

In sober solidarity, noba
Old 08-14-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Bad new / good news

Bad news:
My wife is driving me absolutely friggin crazy. She's coming down on me about a bunch of stuff from the recent and distant past. Much of it directly related to drinking and bunch more indirectly. Telling me quitting is too little too late.

Good news:
It's making me NOT want to drink.
I'm not going to over-analyze why it is, but I'm just happy about it....the good news part, of course. The other part sucks.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:14 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nobingealready View Post
This weekend is when I will be going to another concert. I just found out that an old friend will be going as well, which now makes two old friends I used to party with. Which makes me a little nervous.
But like last weekend I can do it! I will just need to plan like last time.
It feels like each time I am exposing myself to the situations that are triggers, I am working through them. But I know that it can be a danger too and that I need to be careful.
NOBA, looks like you're right on target. Triggers are everywhere and every time you deal with them and come away sober, you're a little bit stronger.

You'll be fine, you'll have good time, AND you'll remember.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:18 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I am less than 2 houors away from 60 days
Old 08-14-2008, 07:31 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bad new / good news

Bad news:
My wife is driving me absolutely friggin crazy. She's coming down on me about a bunch of stuff from the recent and distant past. Much of it directly related to drinking and bunch more indirectly. Telling me quitting is too little too late.

Good news:
It's making me NOT want to drink.
I'm not going to over-analyze why it is, but I'm just happy about it....the good news part, of course. The other part sucks.
I'm not married, but one of the things I had to learn when I started recovery was that getting clean wasn't enough for some ppl....

for some? all my hard work didn't cancel out all the fights, the embarrassments, the disappointments....and I hated that.

But I see it differently now - I dunno about you but I left quite a trail behind me - 15 years worth. You can't clean that up in a month - not even a year IMO.

I see now I did a lot of really effed up stuff.
I can put myself in the other persons shoes a lot more readily these days.

I'm happy for those who have forgiven me...I'm not sure I deserved it, but I'm thankful - for the others I let it go and continue to live the way I've chosen to live my life.

Keep doing right by yourself - and by her - and I'm sure she'll start to see that there are changes...good changes.

D
Old 08-14-2008, 09:28 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Dee74, thanks, your thoughts are right on

Stone, glad you're back with us...we want you here.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:59 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Back behind bars.

Confession: I drank too.

Fell off on Day 21, 10 days ago, and drank every day since. Went on a party-packed vacation and really lived it up. But now I've been back 3 days, and binged every day. Had some wine tonight too, but it ran out. Now, after this 10-day bender, I've noticed that my feet are swollen, which may be a sign of cirrohsis, among other things, all of them bad.

I need to make tomorrow, July 15, my new Day 1.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:12 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I need to make tomorrow, July 15, my new Day 1.
July 15th 2008 sounds like a good sobriety date. It has a nice ring to it....

Glad you're back exbartender.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:13 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I am less than 2 hours away from 60 days
Christin.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:34 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Back behind bars.

Oops! Sheesh, I don't even know what month it is.

Make that August 15th.

/add "embarrassment" to the already low self-esteem :sorry
Old 08-15-2008, 04:13 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Day 60!!! Today is goig to be good. I get my license back. And my 60 day chip at my meeting things can't get better than that.

exbartender one day at a time. Let go of yesterday and start new today...
Old 08-15-2008, 06:02 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober accomplishment!!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:16 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Day 36. It will be another scorcher today, yesterday it was almost 90 degrees! (I know I know but that is hot for around here :P ) Got a lot of gardening done yesterday today I think I will just chill, maybe take the dog to the beach and apply to a job I found in the paper.

Keep plugging away everyone!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Today is day 33 for me, and today I've matched my previous record for staying sober. So tomorrow I will have beaten my record and set a new one! Being sober rocks!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:13 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

least: that's fantastic!!! My previous record was 54 days, so that's still a ways off. Make sure you do something just for YOU tomorrow to celebrate! Maybe some ice cream? or some favourite chocolate? a new outfit? etc! Hell...I'm going to get some ice cream on your behalf...right this second!....to celebrate! lol (gonna have to get an elastic waist-band pants soon, too! lol)
Old 08-15-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Ha ha...I totally didn't catch that either exbartender. I was up too late obviously. No posting after midnight is my new rule.