Notices

Class of July 2008 Part III

Old 08-13-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I'm proud of you least! You deserve all the happiness in the world. Keep posting and post especially if you're feeling bad. :ghug3
Old 08-13-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Great job least... we have the same sober date! Let's keep sticking to it
Old 08-13-2008, 09:25 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nobingealready View Post
You said in your post that you are communicating more now, I take it that's a positive thing? If so, and if there are no real pressing issues that would indicate splitting up, then maybe now is not the time to make that change since you are going through a big change already with getting sober.
NOBA,

Yes, it's a very positive thing. Really, I don't want to make that change, but it does cross my mind at the low points. I was relating to your comment and then thinking, yeah there are some positives to being independent but then thought...yeah but I'd be more likely to drink...then thought hey, there's another reason I want to stay married....then thought, well that might be a screwed up reason. Kind of a "one thought leads to another" thing. Much happier to deal with that than a "one drink leads to another" thing.

Thanks for the feedback, it's helpful.

Wanted to respond to Jules62 here too but not sure how to put 2 Quotes in one post.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jules62 View Post
Yes-it is.

Sorry-I know I'm being blunt-but that's my nature.I'm a bit confused.On the one hand you're saying you're communicating better with your wife-then you say something like this?It's very self absorbed.But I did get it's not the only reason.I guess I don't have all the information.I'm not in any way suggesting you leave her-but I am suggesting you stop focusing on her behavior(and maybe blaming her for why you drink?) and just take care of your 'side of the street' as they say.Early sobriety is not a time to make major decisions about your life-as far as changes go.Get used to living sober/differently, clean up your own issues and then maybe address the 'stuff' in your marriage.

Just my opinion and I accept I could be completely wrong here.But it just sounds to me like you're thinking way too far ahead and focusing on distractions rather than your own recovery.

Feel free to go off at me-LOL.I do mean well-but I'm not good at coddling people either.It's okay if I'm wrong.

Jules.
Jules,
Blunt is not only cool, but prefered.
Not trying to make any more major decisions now if at all possible. Wish I could put the relationship on hold and recover for 6 months and sort out all my tangled, previously alcohol effected, thoughts. But that ain't gonna happen so I deal.

I do want to work things out with her and I can't blame her for my drinking, nor do I want to. I drank during all our good years too, just not as much or as often.

I'm working my side of the street but that does include things that blow over from the other side. Sometimes they are thrown over.

Thanks for the input Jules.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I just wanted to post that I am having a great day 58!!! I know there is going to be a lot of tough times but I am enjoying today. I went to lunch with a friend and did not feel out of place or uncomfortable. This is not easy for me. I have plans on Saturday night to see a movie and I am trying to do things to give me balance. I think I am starting to feel life again
Old 08-13-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thats great cmhcali, I am happy to hear your having a good day.

I am aswell which kinda suprised me as I quit smoking just a couple of days ago I was expecting to feel like crap. But I went to see a friend this morning and we had a nice chit chat over some coffee. Then I went shopping with my girls and we bought some nice pampering bath goodies so we all smell nice (since I can smell again now I don't smoke lol). I cut the grass and still have the whole evening left to read some good books

Sax
Old 08-13-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Bruce glad reading is helping. I have not started reading anything as I do not have a license to get to a book store...
Christin:
They have a lot of books that can be delivered to your door at Amazon and I've gotten books for $2-4 on ebay with the shipping included. I'd never walk into a book store and pick up a self help book about or one about alcoholism. I'm a chicken.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:57 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Great Job on not smoking Sax!!
Old 08-13-2008, 06:12 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Where is everyone??? Just got back from a meeting, and feeling good. 40 days so far, which is a record for me! Hope everyone is doing OK
Old 08-13-2008, 06:49 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Had a great night tonight! Went to see Dark Knight with my ex (but we're best friends...bizarre, I know), had a wonderful day kiddie-free (all at their daddies), enjoying some grown-up time.......SOBER!!! I'll wake up tomorrow refreshed and ready to hit some antique stores and maybe gain some more weight at restaurants I wouldn't want to bring the kids to! lol

Hope you're all doing well! I wish you all a wonderful feeling of sobriety and clear-headed-ness (word? lol) as well as this moment that I am having right now. Which I would NOT have had, if I'd still been drinking.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

joinedintime-thanks for your response.I apologise if I was harsh-but I appreciate your willingness to listen.

I want to write more but I'm really not well today(physically). Not drinking-just sick and bit worried about it.

Back tomorrow.

Julesxox
Old 08-13-2008, 09:28 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

:ghug3

Get well soon Jules

D
Old 08-14-2008, 12:40 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon Jules

Sax
Old 08-14-2008, 01:00 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bruce24 View Post
Is anyone else into reading for helping their recovery?
Hi Bruce, I read alot, I must have read nearly every recovery book our there lol. Also I went through a phase of reading Angel books they were quite uplifting with so many positive stories in them.

Lately I have just been reading general fiction stories, I am finding I am really enjoying my reading again, when I was drinking I still read, but not half as much as I do now. The last book I read was "The end of Mr Y" by Scarlett Thomas, which I thought was really good but probably not everyones cup of tea. I just picked up James Frey's new book yesterday so will probably start on that one later today.

Sax
Old 08-14-2008, 04:39 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hey Jules hope you are feeling better

Today is day 59!!! I am grateful for today. I want to remain positive...
Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Sorry I aint been round here much lately. I've been busy as a one armed paper hanger. Been working all day then working on my house at night to get it ready to sell. Sunday night I worked til 2 am. The Realtor is coming over today. Hopefully I will have a for sale sign in my yard this week. I guess its finally time to really start looking for my new home. I did take a break yesterday and took the quad out for a few hours. I will see if I can post a few pics.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:36 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I drank.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:52 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Hi guys, I drank.
Sorry man. Dont beat yourself up. Are you done now? Dont give up.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Smile Yesterday at Browns Camp teaching my girlfriend how to ride

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S6LFw6LVhQE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S6LFw6LVhQE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 08-14-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Stone - try not to be to hard on yourself. Get back up and start again. Your in my thoughts.

Suzette aka Stone