Notices

Class of July 2008 Part III

Old 09-01-2008, 04:27 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well haven't been on in a few days. had the 2nd annual mother daughter camping trip this weekend =) and we got along much better this year than last. thought about drinking a number of times though. like after going for a hike thinking how in the past I would have gone back to the campsite and started drinking beer or wine. on the last night of the trip the people across the way invited us over to play cards so we did, and they offered me drinks/beer and I said no thanks and it was fine. i still had fun playing cards, but I also remembered how, in the past, I would have said "sure!" and then kept on drinking, and hanging out w them probably once my daughter went to bed. then the next day would have been very hungover (while camping, which somehow sucks even worse) so i was very glad not to be hungover and thatn I stuck to being sober. it is beginning to feel a little more distant to me, like the memory of myself as a drinking person, is just slightly more distant than it was. not sure if that makes sense to anybody but that is how it feels.
it was a hard weekend though in some ways with not drinking. harder even than all the others. not sure why but anyway am home now and sober and thankful. glad to see everyone here =) didn't catc h up on all posts but congratulations everyone on keeping strong and keeping going with sobriety we are all here to help each other!
--noba
Old 09-01-2008, 05:06 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope this time proved there's nothing back there for you, Dancinggirl
Stick around

D
Old 09-01-2008, 05:14 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Saxony
Just checking in, 59 days today

I wrote 59 days yesterday as well. I have been trying to figure out how you guys all count because sometimes my days look wrong when I see other peoples quit day and days. It seems you put the number of days you have completed not the day you are on?

Not that it makes much difference in the grand scheme of things, I am a bit obsessive sometimes though, so I thought I would count the same way I think you all do, which means losing a day LOL

Anyhow, all is good here, I hope you all are having good mornings/evenings/days/nights where ever you may be.

Sax
Seems a bit silly to me not to count the day you're on Sax, but you're right - whatever

I looked forward to the day I stopped counting days LOL

I'm a day ahead of you in Aust anyway so you must have 60 days where I am LOL
congrats to you...and to Rudy as well

D
Old 09-01-2008, 07:19 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Just checking in.Not sure what day I'm on either-LOL 50 something anyway.Least-I should get you to keep track for me-you're good at this!

Dancing Girl-so what happened? Do you know? I'm just wondering and I have to say I'm sad to hear you drank.I know you've been wondering if you were done-but sometimes looking at what led up to it etc helps.I do care.That's all.

Saxony-proud of you for getting through the holiday sober.

nobinge-good for you too getting through sober.That's great!

I'd cheer for everyone else here too but, you know....

Julesxox
Old 09-01-2008, 11:01 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Dancinggirl, please don't forget that you made it very very far. Give yourself credit.

Sometimes there are setbacks. If you want to share anything about it whenever you're ready, it probably would help. We're here for you and want you in the group.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:30 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Made it through my 6 week mark - 42 days. I can't help but count my days but the older they get the less important the number feels, if that makes any sense?

Dancing Girl - Hope you'll come back and stop drinking before it gets to be a problem. I just mean, I hope you're finished now. I care about you and your sucess. Almost 2 months girl. That's a long time to abstain. For me, I think I've learned something each time I stumbled. Like, don't go to bars, don't be around people who drink, etc. I would never place myself in those positions now but only from past experience. Live and learn and pick yourself back up.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:54 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

I looked forward to the day I stopped counting days LOL
I don't think I will bother counting so much after I get 90 days. The longest I ever went was about 74ish last year sometime. 90 seems to be the major milestone and I am looking forward to when I get there. I think after that how many days I have won't seem so important to me.

So anyway, 60 days today

Congratulations to Rurdy too

Jules

Sorry you drank Dancing girl, I hope you decide to come back soon
Old 09-02-2008, 12:56 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Oh and Boston, congrats on 6 weeks.

Well done to anybody else I have forgot to mention.

Sax
Old 09-02-2008, 02:00 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Jig

Hi all,

Just sticking my head in to say hello.

DancingGirl I hope to see you back mate, don't let it beat you.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:21 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Day 60 something. Not quite sure actually. Been a tad busy with other things Hope you're all well.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:19 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Day 51 here and delighted to add one more sober day to my sober time!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Day one.

Wine: tasted like wood...couldn't sleep....felt like crap the next day.
Vodka: tasted good....absolutely couldn't sleep...feel like crap today.
Verdict: duh...not worth it. All those days wasted. No pun intended. lol
Old 09-02-2008, 11:46 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

dancinggirl...welcome back!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

hey everyone,

I haven't been around recovery long enough to have had or seen this thought before so maybe you can chime in, but it seems like if someone goes 30 - 50 - 90 days or whatever and then falls off for a day or two it shouldn't be like they have to start all over. You should get some credit for making it that far. Maybe, for example, if you went 67 days missed a day and then have now done 6 clean you could say "Sober 6 days in a row & 73 out of 74 days" or for short "Day 6 (73/74)"

Maybe that's just the over-analyzing that I get from my tech job but I'm looking for a way to show that someone only missed a day or two over the last X amount of time, rather than making it sound like they drank/used everyday and night up until a few days ago
Old 09-02-2008, 02:36 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Has anyone seen the 60 day and under club thread? Can't find it anywhere.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:53 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Jig

Hi Guys, how is everyone holding up?

Good to see you back dancinggirl.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:10 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Happy to say that I woke up clear headed on my 52nd day sober. Yesterday was kind of sh!tty but I made it thru and didn't use it as an excuse to drink. I'm winning all the arguments between my sober self and the demon that still tries to lure me back in. But I'm not having it. I'm not throwing away my sober time. Using my stubborn streak to stay sober. Talking back to the beast when it tries to take me down the path to destruction and death.

And I'm winning the debate on drinking - I'm getting stronger every day. It helps so much to have the support of everyone here.

:ghug
Old 09-03-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Doing better Jig! How about yourself?? 44 days. Counting my days again and patting myself for them - headed for a goal keeps me moving forward right now. Hope everyone else is doing well also. This thread has been a little quiet lately..........
Old 09-03-2008, 10:14 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Day 80 here. I have been so busy. I cannot find time to get on here. I am sneaking on at work. Glad to see so many still here and doing so well!!! I am doing really well... My thinking is starting to change and I can rationalize and that is huge rather than just reacting (work in progress).

Dancinggirl Just keep coming here.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hi everyone...
I feel like a person showing up at a party that wasn't invited. I should technically be in the Sept. class only..but I don't want to make new friends! Isn't that ridiculous??
Having a hard time. Feel like I'm at the beginning again and it's soooo hard and I don't have the energy anymore, etc., etc.. I hate this mental obsession/cumpulsion! I want my days back!