Class of July 2008 Part III

Old 08-25-2008, 01:31 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Jig

G'day all,

Great to see you all still here.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:09 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Another day here for me. I rode in a Poker Run yesterday. They had two courses. The trails here in the Pacific Northwest are very rugid. Up and down hills through the woods with lots of rocks and ruts. One was 15 miles, and the other course was 40 miles. Several guys I know from AA/NA tagged along. They all did the 15 mile course. Of course I had to go with the 40. It took a couple hours. So. I woke up this morning feeling like I went sky diving and forgot to pack a parachute. Everything hurts. There is no way my body could survive that kinda punishment if I was still using. That was one brutal ride. A serious work-out. It was a lotta fun though. And my girl friend is getting better at riding too. One of the guys that went out there with us brought several quads with him, so she got to ride too. After the poker run me and her got to take off for a ride through the woods together. It was pretty cool cause usually I have to put her on the back with me. Its way more fun when your on seperate bikes. All this goes to show how rewarding being clean and sober can be.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I just wanted to thank you all so much for all of the posts on my behalf over these last few days. I'm not sure how it turned out this way, but I DIDN'T DRINK!!!! My days remain intact! And....somehow....the craving has SERIOUSLY diminished! I'm going to look for the receipt for the booze today and return the bottles (if I can find the receipt) and buy myself something frivolous.

I'm so grateful to you people...I can't even express it....I truly feel I have friends here that understand me.

THANK YOU!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:20 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Dancing Girl:

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! Dump that booze if you can't find the receipt. Think of it as you paid for a really good victory over booze!!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

It was pretty cool cause usually I have to put her on the back with me. Its way more fun when your on seperate bikes. All this goes to show how rewarding being clean and sober can be.
Time2Surrender - Sounds like a wonderful weekend to me!!
Old 08-25-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

(((dancinggirl)))
Old 08-25-2008, 11:48 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Today is day 70. I think guys find me pretty. BUt they all drink. I know I cannot be with a social drinker and what is a social drinker. I thought I was one for years. Apparently social drinkers do not drink a 12 pack and vomit almost everytime they drink LOL.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:03 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jules62 View Post
I've drunk over a lot of things-but never a deadlock.Just when you thought you had heard it all hey?LOL

I'm sorry-I'm sure the frustration was valid.I'm just....a girl

Hang in there.

Julesxox
You made me laugh, girl!

And you made me think too. Probably taking my frustrations about other things and focussing them on the lock. Anyway it all worked out for the better. Day 44 has a nice ring to it today.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:20 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cmhcali View Post
Today is day 70. I think guys find me pretty. BUt they all drink. I know I cannot be with a social drinker and what is a social drinker. I thought I was one for years. Apparently social drinkers do not drink a 12 pack and vomit almost everytime they drink LOL.

Not being able to date drinkers does cut down on opportunities, but I think that there are many recovering alcoholics and people who just dont drink out there. The main thing is that you are healthy and sober.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Day 43 and boy oh boy do I like seeing those numbers get bigger!

Amazing how I'm living now a lot better without the wine and never thought I could do this. And certainly not this long. I feel like I'm "drunk" on sobriety, if you know what I mean. Just feel so much better about everything. Am working on salvaging the little bit of self esteem I had left and repairing it to use again.

And of course, it must be said, I would have had a much harder time, and not as much fun, getting sober all by myself.

:ghug

Dancinggirl, just gotta tell ya how proud of you I am!! Good for you for not giving in! You go, girlfriend!:ghug3
Old 08-25-2008, 05:12 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

I thoroughly endorse everything you just said, Least.
Being sober is my new DOC. And though alcohol's been my ball n' chain, I don't want to chemically influence my mind with anything, for fear of upsetting whatever's going right in my head currently.

Day 57 (ish, stopped counting)...Bring It On!!! :bounce
Old 08-26-2008, 01:20 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Jig

Good stuff Jigoflife.

Life looks very different when you haven't got your head stuck in the toilet bowl.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:55 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

^ can I make that my sig line?LOL!Profound!

Bad day for me-still sober but by a thread.Truly.

I'm off to bed.Glad for everyone here still sober and staying the course.I need sleep.

Nite

Julesxox
Old 08-26-2008, 04:59 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Woke up alert and raring to start day 44!
Old 08-26-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Just checking in... keep it up everyone!
Old 08-26-2008, 06:17 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Checking in as well - How is everyone doing? Seems like a lot of "MIA" people from th class lately. I'm still doing it one day at a time, and working on day 54..
Old 08-26-2008, 08:52 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Day 45. We bought a bike for my GF yesterday. She didnt want a quad. At least we can go riding together now. Taking off in a couple hours.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:54 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Nice bike Time2Surrender. Hope you get some extra good lovin' for that gift. Hee hee....

Took the day off today to hang out with my guy. Hope he doesn't sleep all day (taxi driver shifts).

I don't even care what day I'm on...havin a bit of a hard week here. I need to call on my higher powers = coffee & chocolate to get me through. (all in good fun, no hate mail please).
Old 08-26-2008, 10:11 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Coffee and Chocolate RULE!!!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

On the topic of substituting coffee, chocolate or whatever for alcohol I was going to ask for thoughts on marijuana. It's something I've considered as a possibility somewhere in the future "when I'm stronger" haha.

Was trying to decide on asking that here where we know each other better or going out to the larger group and starting a thread. Figured someone might have already. They did.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...vin-drink.html

Let's just say if I'm ever going to go there....it's farther out in the future now than it was before I read that thread. Lot's of good posts there so thought I'd share.