Notices

Class of July 2008 Part II

Old 08-01-2008, 08:55 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joinedintime View Post
Thanks to all that responded to my "is it different for binge drinkers to quit" post. It helped to get all your support.

Nice to make it out of July sober with a group like this....I never would have thought this kind of team support was out there like this and that I would find it. Ready for day 20.

Hey, Wishiwasnormal, glad to hear the thyroid med is working.
Time2surrender, thanks again for getting us together.
Hey, Im just glad to have all you guys here with me. I cant do this alone.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:36 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Mikie It's dude-ette.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:20 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Mikey, sorry about spelling your name wrong.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:42 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

HI Again today!!!

Just taking a quick break at work.. Mikey like I said I knew there were a lot of yets to come... I never got hooked on drugs but that does not mean I did not try them when I was drinking. I never did crack or heroin. But I tried some stuff and only while intoxicated so that is why I say yet. I did ecstacy hated it. Coke went hand in hand with drinking however I would not do it alone ever hated it when I was sober (tried that once for a college exam and did not attend).. But does not mean things would not change if I let them. Did oxy once as I thought I was doing a line of coke again stupid.... See what drinking does I do not even ask what drug people are doing I just assume... Never did anything else really. But who is to say I would not have eventually...

Congrats to:
Least - day 19
Mikey - day 20
ikeclancy - Day 10
Wish - day 11
Toomutch - not sure what day but congrats
Felly
Sobergirl - day 19
Old 08-01-2008, 10:46 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Day 24 for me.

Today's not a great day but tomorrow will be better. In fact, it's early enough in the day that it could get better.

I'm looking forward to my 30 day mark.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:19 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WishIWasNormal View Post
Mikie It's dude-ette.
LOL. :sorry Im not doing to good at this am I? Just ask Stone
Originally Posted by cmhcali View Post
HI Again today!!!

Just taking a quick break at work.. Mikey like I said I knew there were a lot of yets to come... I never got hooked on drugs but that does not mean I did not try them when I was drinking. I never did crack or heroin. But I tried some stuff and only while intoxicated so that is why I say yet. I did ecstacy hated it. Coke went hand in hand with drinking however I would not do it alone ever hated it when I was sober (tried that once for a college exam and did not attend).. But does not mean things would not change if I let them. Did oxy once as I thought I was doing a line of coke again stupid.... See what drinking does I do not even ask what drug people are doing I just assume... Never did anything else really. But who is to say I would not have eventually...

Congrats to:
Least - day 19
Mikey - day 20
ikeclancy - Day 10
Wish - day 11
Toomutch - not sure what day but congrats
Felly
Sobergirl - day 19
Thanks. I didnt get into dope until later in life. It was Beer and Weed for a long time.
Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
Day 24 for me.

Today's not a great day but tomorrow will be better. In fact, it's early enough in the day that it could get better.
I'm looking forward to my 30 day mark.
Congrats on day 24. Hang in there.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:23 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Altho the day started out sort of p!ssy it improved and was a decent sober day! I cleaned my house, did laundry, walked the dogs, watched some Star Trek episodes that took me back in time!

I'm feeling much better and not so depressed. My increasing sobriety is really making me happy. For someone who's relapsed as many times as I have it's amazing to get this far! My goal is to pass my longest sober time so far of 32 days. ONce I get to day 33 I will be more secure in my new life and way of living.

Grateful as anything to have such loving friends as I do here! :ghug
Old 08-01-2008, 05:35 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Glad to hear your feeling better least. Keep it simple. One day at a time
Old 08-01-2008, 06:08 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Wow, 148 posts already. We may just be on part III by sometime next week. Cool thing is, we can all go back later and read our posts here and remember how we all struggled in the first month and compare it to how we are then. It does get better folks. I know. I had 2 1/2 years last time. And yeah, I screwed up and went back out. It was a mistake and a learning lesson. It sucked out there. It was also very hard to come back. I was reading my first posts from day one. Before I started this thread. I was so miserable and felt so helpless. I dont wanna ever go back out. I learned my lesson.I live in a fairly small community. I am bumping into people I havent seen in a while. They are all glad to see me back clean. Commenting on how good I look. It feels good. Clean and sober is the life for me. I gotta get ready for my meeting. Talk to you guys later.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:14 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

OK. Lets do a roll call. What do you guys think? Just click quote and type in your name.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:14 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Surrender View Post
OK. Lets do a roll call. What do you guys think? Just click quote and type in your name.
Time2Surrender
Old 08-01-2008, 06:35 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hi Class,

Ive been keeping really busy this last week and havent posted but im glad to say ive been going to lots of meetings and today its DAY 19.

Im so glad to hear everyone is doing great

Congrats everyone.

Jacki3
Old 08-01-2008, 06:42 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Kevin aka nogard - gratefully clean and gratefully so ALIVE

:bounce
Old 08-01-2008, 06:46 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

*drive by posting*
Old 08-01-2008, 07:32 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Cool

Time2Surrender
im here day 5! =)
Old 08-01-2008, 07:39 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Tom here! 1 hour and 20 minutes away from dat 29!!! I can't beleive I'm almost to 30. This is the longest I have been sober in 26 years, and feel great about it.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:47 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joinedintime View Post
The end of day 19 here for me in the Pacific timezone. I've had it pretty easy so far... maybe too easy. Today I looked at the cold beer in the fridge (explain that in a minute) and it looked good to me. I also had some thoughts later in the day about how easy it's been and maybe I don't really have such a bad problem. You know, how bad could my problem be if it's been this easy for close to 3 weeks? Forever is a long time - what was I thinking saying I'm quiting instead of taking and extended break?

I can hear you out there reading this saying "one day a time" not "forever". I know. You're right. So I made it through the day. Came here and read a page of posts. Feeling stronger now. I didn't drink today and I won't drink on day 20 either.

Is it way different to quit for binge drinkers like me than for people that got drunk every day? Anyone have a good link to anything about that question? Or any advice/experience?

Ok, about the cold beer in the fridge: When I got home from my last drunk which was also my first blackout, there were 6 beers in the fridge. They are still there as a reminder of that night and how bad it was for me and my relationship with my wife. After all, I live across the street from a liquor store so it's not like I'm gonna be able to hide from it. It's there front and center in the fridge to remind me.
Hi there =) just wrote this long post that vanished into hyperspace so will just write again to say, yep, I know that "guy" that same voice in my head too! =) ok it might be a girl but anyway, I too have that voice in my head telling me the same thing. But you know, the thing is, if I was a "normal" (whatever that means!) drinker, then I would have never been a binge-er. Right? Think about it: let's say a person gets drunk for the first time in their life, gets real sick, and the next day says, "UGH! I will NEVER do that again!" and then they don't! They just, either don't drink at all or, some time later, they go to a party/bar/dinner/whatever, and have one or two beers. then they don't drink again for another month or whatever it is. then the next time it's the same thing, one or two. and for the rest of that person's life, that is all they ever have.
Then let's take a different person who gets drunk for the first time in their life, gets real sick, and the next day says, "UGH! I will NEVER do that again!" and they go to another party the following weekend, and they DO IT AGAIN!
and this pattern goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on, ad infinitum, for YEARS. DECADES. Uhh...does that person, have a problem???? YES. DEFINITELY.
You must remember that the voice is not your friend. Your friend is your true self, the voice that tells you to do things that are GOOD for you. Like quitting drinking. That voice that told you to do that--THAT's the one to listen to.
Because really, not drinking will definitely ensure the long term health of your heart, liver, wallet, and your marriage. =)
So you had your first blackout--scary isn't it? Make no mistake--it can happen again if you let it. Don't let it!!

wow...didn't mean to get preachy here! sorry about that. I am talking to myself as well in this post.

Congratulations on not drinking =) you can do it!
day 5 for me, stayed home this friday evening with my daughter and had a nice time, I feel good (maybe too good, I now know what people mean about being a little manic I think that might be happening to me) and am looking forward to waking up NOT HUNGOVER on a saturday no less! should be very nice indeed =)
I hope that everyone had a good first day of august and may we all wake up refreshed tomorrow with no hangover!
goodnight, in sober solidarity, nobingealready
Old 08-01-2008, 07:50 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hi Massachusetts =) am down south of you in RI, and me too, done many things I would have NEVER done sober, and definitely drank waaaay too much every time I binged. and I too believe that alcohol would continue to lead me down a path of self destruction.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:01 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Time2Surrender
Suzette AKA Toomutch

Last edited by Toomutch; 08-01-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:14 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

Don't know what I'm meant to do with the quote,Mike still a bit green on forums and chatrooms.

I've been browsing some of the longer threads,now I've settled.

Boarded the Newbie bus yesterday which is a hoot.

Found the guests thread and kinda wished I hadn't 'enrolled' straight away just to have had the pleasure of finding that thread as a guest.

The M.I.A thread though caused a lump in my throat,and I'm a Yorkshire lad celebrating (With a herbal tea) Official Yorkshire Day,I'm not meant to have emotions.
I kinda got used to it in AA,folk coming in, then for one reason or another, not returning. I was there for the passing of 2 members, 1 of which was, to all intents and purposes,suicide by vodka and was heart wrenching to watch.
But on the whole you somehow received word on most folk, they were seen around town or phoned someone at sometime. Looking at M.I.A I realized that for the strength of the bonds between people on this site there's only a thin USB wire connecting us. It must be so hard to enjoy and relate to someones posts then not hear anything again,with no explanation,I really feel for and admire the folk who've stuck around and knew the people on that list. I hope I do the same.

I've kinda been bouncing around these forums like a puppy on 'walkies' these last 5 days The seriousness of our condition has just come home. Which I suppose is no bad thing.

Don't pick up Class of July 08

Sorry,had to get that off my chest.