Notices

Class of July 2008 Part II

Old 07-30-2008, 10:26 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

This thread still blows me away. You guys are awesome. Here we are on Part II already. Part I had 504 posts 21 pages and has had 3,652 views as of today. Here we all are very early in our recovery which is not easy. But, WE ARE HERE!!!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:59 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

My quest to gain my weight back must be working. My chair just broke.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:02 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Bummer. I guess not. I still weigh 178 I guess the chair was just done. I dont get it though. I was down to 145 or 150 and gained some weight pretty quick, but now Ive been stuck at 178 for like a week? What is it with 178? My new screen name Time2Surrender178 ? I dont think so. I going back join the gym and gonna start eating more. Too bad this isnt the biggest problem Im facing in life today.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:14 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by exbartender View Post

And I've been easing back into exercise as well...I don't want to push the ticker too hard right now. Just the fact that you can make it to the gym regularly is a good accomplishment in self-discipline. Don't wimp out...you'll feel better after a good workout. And you'll sleep better too
I can hardly stay awake as it is! I am glad though cos last time I quit I didn't sleep for weeks....went insane. :crazy

My Doc actually referred me to a 14 course at the gym, I get a small amount of money off the usual cost and they are giving me a program of exercise to follow. I will be going twice a week.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:18 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Im still having a problem sleeping. Like right now its after 1 am and here I am.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:34 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

9.00 a.m on the 31st, 1 day now till 1 whole month. Yes I've been passed a spliff twice and yes I had a brief and jagged,3 day flirtation with M150,a Thai energy drink,with many mysterious ingredients (what's Nicotinamide?, sounds dodgy) And I'm smoking 40 superkings a day now but I haven't had, needed or wanted a drink which is a first for a month's sobriety, discovered N.L.P,which has been a boon and I've not had to venture out into the real,scary world much,which is something I intend to address.

But it's this site and the wonderful straight talking peeps that frequent it that have been and hopefully will be, for months (years!?) the biggest help. Thank you all.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:14 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Jig

Hi all, Thought I'd better put my two bob in before I lose track of this thread altogether. I've been having a pretty bad week all in all but I haven't picked up a drink.

Congratulations to everyone for staying with it, I know it's not much fun but your efforts are inspirational to me. One good thing about this thread moving so fast is that by the time I get back to it, it takes me so long to read my way through it that I don't have time to drink.

If any one has any advice on how to get drinking out of my head I would be glad to hear it, this seems to be getting worse the further I go. I feel like I'm losing the plot.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:20 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Pursue your dreams

Originally Posted by Time2Surrender View Post
Im still having a problem sleeping. Like right now its after 1 am and here I am.
Mikey - I'm sorry to hear that your not sleeping well. There's plenty of good non-medical advice on this site that can help you get some sleep. I know it helped me. Try a big glass of warm milk just before going to bed.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:21 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hey everyone!! Just stopped by to cheer you on! I've reached 18 days sober today, which is nothing short of amazing. I'm feeling a lot better, tho still have problems with depression and anxiety, but I'm not drinking over it!!

Sending lots of love to all of you!!

:ghug2
Old 07-31-2008, 05:55 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

:(

Well it's day 28 and I'm miserable, irritable, bored, fed up, tired and I can't find any motivation to do anything.

I hope your all having a better day than me.

Sax
Old 07-31-2008, 06:07 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Sax right before I hit day 30 I felt the same exact way. For me I think it was a day 30 hump thing. Hopefully it is for you too!!!

Today is day 45!!! I cannot believe it has been so long. I went to a meeting and smelled alcohol on someone's breath last night. For a moment it was like deja vu!!! But I was happy to be there sober and felt sorry for the person that was still suffering.

I need to go to some discussion meetings though I am not making many friends at the open speaker meetings LOL!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:38 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hello All, Day 9 for me! Wow time has flown by. Reading your posts helps me a lot, and I hope I help you guys too. Went to a meeting last night and I feel pretty good. For those having tough times, just really try and weigh what you would gain by drinking (which is very, very little - hangovers, black outs, money, legal woes,etc.) to how good you will feel after knowing you beat back the alcoholic beast one more time. Good luck and gthere is strength in this group!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JigOfLife View Post
9.00 a.m on the 31st, 1 day now till 1 whole month. Yes I've been passed a spliff twice and yes I had a brief and jagged,3 day flirtation with M150,a Thai energy drink,with many mysterious ingredients (what's Nicotinamide?, sounds dodgy) And I'm smoking 40 superkings a day now but I haven't had, needed or wanted a drink which is a first for a month's sobriety, discovered N.L.P,which has been a boon and I've not had to venture out into the real,scary world much,which is something I intend to address.

But it's this site and the wonderful straight talking peeps that frequent it that have been and hopefully will be, for months (years!?) the biggest help. Thank you all.
Congradulations. Actually, you do have 30 days today. Most meetings celebrate 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, then 6 months, 9 months, Etc. Anyway, I started a thread for your 30 days. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1853685 because 30 days is huge. Good job. I hope you can start getting out a little more. So, if you prefer, we can start another thread tommorow for one month. But, today you do have 30 days. Congrats.
Originally Posted by Jig View Post
Hi all, Thought I'd better put my two bob in before I lose track of this thread altogether. I've been having a pretty bad week all in all but I haven't picked up a drink.

Congratulations to everyone for staying with it, I know it's not much fun but your efforts are inspirational to me. One good thing about this thread moving so fast is that by the time I get back to it, it takes me so long to read my way through it that I don't have time to drink.

If any one has any advice on how to get drinking out of my head I would be glad to hear it, this seems to be getting worse the further I go. I feel like I'm losing the plot.
Glad to hear your stil sober. Hang in there. Im on day 19 myself. The first 10 days were hell at times, but I pulled through. So, keep on truckin, it does get better.
Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
Mikey - I'm sorry to hear that your not sleeping well. There's plenty of good non-medical advice on this site that can help you get some sleep. I know it helped me. Try a big glass of warm milk just before going to bed.
Thanks. I only slept 5 hours last night. Working on it though. I need to leave the computer alone at night and just lay down.
Originally Posted by least View Post
Hey everyone!! Just stopped by to cheer you on! I've reached 18 days sober today, which is nothing short of amazing. I'm feeling a lot better, tho still have problems with depression and anxiety, but I'm not drinking over it!!

Sending lots of love to all of you!!
18 days is awesome. Im on day 19 and feeling pretty proud of it. I deal with the depression stuff too. I think we all do this early in the game. I try to stay active and it really helps. Im hardly home anymore these days. Hang in there.
Originally Posted by Saxony View Post
Well it's day 28 and I'm miserable, irritable, bored, fed up, tired and I can't find any motivation to do anything.

I hope your all having a better day than me.

Sax
Congradulations on 28 days. There was a movie called 28 days. As I replied just above, I have had all the same feelings too. Hang in there.
Originally Posted by cmhcali View Post
Sax right before I hit day 30 I felt the same exact way. For me I think it was a day 30 hump thing. Hopefully it is for you too!!!

Today is day 45!!! I cannot believe it has been so long. I went to a meeting and smelled alcohol on someone's breath last night. For a moment it was like deja vu!!! But I was happy to be there sober and felt sorry for the person that was still suffering.

I need to go to some discussion meetings though I am not making many friends at the open speaker meetings LOL!!!
45 days!!!!! Yeah!!!! Keep up the good work and keep hitting those meetings.
Originally Posted by IkeClancy View Post
Hello All, Day 9 for me! Wow time has flown by. Reading your posts helps me a lot, and I hope I help you guys too. Went to a meeting last night and I feel pretty good. For those having tough times, just really try and weigh what you would gain by drinking (which is very, very little - hangovers, black outs, money, legal woes,etc.) to how good you will feel after knowing you beat back the alcoholic beast one more time. Good luck and gthere is strength in this group!
Welcome to day 9.

Last edited by Time2Surrender; 07-31-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:33 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi All!

Still hanging in there myself. Thank you T2S for starting this thread and to all who have posted. You have been an inspiration for my own journey and I can't thank you enough.

Let's keep the momentum going folks...
Old 07-31-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HideorSeek View Post
Hi All!

Still hanging in there myself. Thank you T2S for starting this thread and to all who have posted. You have been an inspiration for my own journey and I can't thank you enough.

Let's keep the momentum going folks...
And thank you. Each and every one of you play an important role in making this thread what it is. :ghug Im so proud of everyone here. Proud of myself too. DAY 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good morning felly. I hope all is well. Let us know how your doing.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

T2 - You best be getting on that treadmil, breaking chairs and all.

BTW - I have 2 dogs. 1 is a beagle and the other is a long haired mini doxie. We also have a hedgehog. They are all posted on my profile, please take a peek. I need to figure out how to post pictures on threads.

Congrats on everyones sober time.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toomutch View Post
T2 - You best be getting on that treadmil, breaking chairs and all.

BTW - I have 2 dogs. 1 is a beagle and the other is a long haired mini doxie. We also have a hedgehog. They are all posted on my profile, please take a peek. I need to figure out how to post pictures on threads.

Congrats on everyones sober time.
Cool. I will take a look. To post pics you need an image host. I like photobucket. Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket Upload your photo to photo bucket, then copy/paste the bottom link to your post.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:48 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Thanks Mikey
Old 07-31-2008, 08:53 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Smile Hey, Suzette!!! Do these guys look familiar?