Notices

Whiners Anonymous ....Part 10

Old 07-30-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
IO Storm

K....

You have a valid whine!!!!!!! Dang!

Jersey, hate to tell you...I am a carnivour..steak is wonderful. But know

what? I am weird...always loved hospital food!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:15 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

K - I had the bee-sting-to-the-foot LAST week. I stepped on it, apparently...hope I smushed the sucker. It was between my toes, I tried to put ice on it, which was not an easy feat at my age, but it helped. The next day the swelling was gone but it was itchy.

I was trying to use the MS Word that was installed on my computer. They say my product key is invalid (it's printed ON the computer). I could call or e-mail them for advice, but they want $49!!!! I'm looking for another job...heck I need to work for them at those prices!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:25 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Ahhhh, yes...I have a vague recollection. Oh, my...I think I'm drooling!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:26 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hey I...

Can't you just bypass it...type no
Old 07-30-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Yeah Jersey..I keep ribsteaks in the freezer...hooked!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:30 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

They say my product key is invalid (it's printed ON the computer). I could call or e-mail them for advice, but they want $49!!!!
What I love is when I can't get on the internet, so I call Verizon tech service, and I get a robotic-sounding recording telling me I can also get advice at a website! Well, DUH! "If I could get to the website, I wouldn't be calling you, would I!?!"
Old 07-30-2008, 12:36 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Jersey - dad was having problems getting online and they kept offering to send him an e-mail to explain it. I can't believe he actually had to tell them "I can't GET an e-mail if I can't GET online, now, can I?"
Old 07-30-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
IO Storm

If rust were here he'd say Ubuntu! Don't even know what it is....
Old 07-30-2008, 12:59 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Went to the internet:

Ubuntu
Ubuntu is a complete Linux-based operating system, freely available with both community and professional support.
The Ubuntu Distribution aims to produce a single-CD installable operating system that includes everything needed to run a typical desktop or server machine, anywhere in the world. We emphasise three things:

1. Free of Charge. Ubuntu is absolutely free of charge, and will remain that way.
2. Licence Freedom. Ubuntu includes only Free Software applications. You are free to modify or change any aspect of your Ubuntu system.
3. Ease of Use. We aim to make Ubuntu the easiest version of Linux to install and use immediately. We put a lot of effort into making sure that the default configuration is comprehensive but sane, so that you will find your new desktop familiar but not overwhelming.

Ubuntu also includes more software than any other operating system, on its network of software repositories. Once your system is installed you can simply call up a list of all the existing tools out there and choose any of them for immediate installation over the internet.
At first I thought the explanation said you had to read it 2768 times...to understand it!?! Then I realized the site had been read 2768 times! Make that 2769!
Old 07-30-2008, 01:12 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hmmmmm....now to see if it's good fer a laptop only!

Thanks for the info!

Signing out for awhile...

Lovies
Old 07-30-2008, 06:54 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

sis
If rust were here he'd say Ubuntu!
UBUNTU! lol

nonny, looks like you found your new home away from home...

W.A.

ya wanna be our intergroup rep! lol
Old 07-30-2008, 07:03 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I think I've got a pretty good whine...

I had a good day at work, and decided to take the highway home - it's faster than my usual route, and I wanted to get home to relax before going to a meeting.

I was cruising along, lost in thought, when I saw lots of brakelights ahead. 3 lanes of traffic slowed dramatically, and then we all rolled to a stop. It was really hot out. No air conditioning in my heap. Nothing to drink. Soon, car doors opened, and people wandered around the highway like sheep, and strangers greeted one another like neighbours.

I wandered around too, and chit chatted a bit. The road was shut down for miles in both directions. People walked their dogs, and it was kind of fun. I soon became aware that men were breaking off in ones and twos and going off to pee beside a tree. And, I realized that I had to go to the bathroom myself.

There was absolutely no ground cover where a woman could go in privacy. At the side of the road there was a ditch, a few assorted trees, and then a very steep hill with dense forest at the top. My cell phone rang and I spoke with my sister for a bit. I decided that I would nonchalantly climb the hill while on the phone with her. I was wearing flip flops and they kept sliding off my feet as I pinwheeled backward. I finally made it to the top, still on the phone, and push through thick weeds, sticks, bushes, trees .. whatever. My legs were getting ripped to shreds and I was gonna pee my pants.

So .. I'm squatting behind a bush, still on the phone, laughing with my sister. And she's like "I can't believe your car is parked in the middle of that huge highway and you are peeing up on the top of a hill" ... and I lift my head to look over the bush I am behind ..
and realize .. the road has been reopened in my absence and traffic is moving - fast! My car is blocking a live lane!

I pull up my pants with one hand and burst out of the bushes like something out of a horror film and careen down the hill, one hand holding up my pants, my phone in the other, and my sister screaming "what's wrong?! what's going on?" I nearly lose my balance several times, cars are honking to get around my car, and I signal to an 18 wheeler to please stop. He does. I run across the lane and dive into my car, starting it and flooring it.

I just know this will end up on You Tube. I have that kind of luck. Those who know me know that this is true.

I got to the meeting, though ... it was great! It's awesome to be able to laugh at myself.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:07 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

OMG Rowan.....I had a whine, but I am laughing to hard to care about it anymore!!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:11 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Ro - I forgot my whine too....laughing too hard at yours! Let us know when it gets on You Tube
Old 07-30-2008, 08:13 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

BABHAHAHAHHA
oh rowan, I'm so sorry that happened to you - but I'm more happy that you shared it.

my kids are looking at me like I have 2 heads, laughing so hard I'm crying.

awesome
Old 07-30-2008, 11:02 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Ah Row!

I'm so glad things like that happen to other people.....

Now I can't get the "film" out of my head...too funny!!! I know when I go to

bed I'll just start cracking up?

Question...did your legs itch?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:07 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Ok Rowan, it's hours later and I'm still randomly giggling over that.
so just wondering......

any chance you could do something else tomorrow?? You have no idea how much I needed the laugh - and that was more than I could have asked for. teehee.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:10 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
IO Storm

That's how I felt Krista...Row did me a great service tonight...sure needed

that laugh....

Endorphin packed!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:32 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Enough of Rowan...back to me please!
Have just been elbow deep in 10kg of chicken necks. Buy in bulk so as not to use polystyrene trays. BUT why couldn't my favourite animals be vegetarian like me???? We could all eat sprouts together (actually they do eat sprouts but theirs are mixed in with beef mince)
Grossed out PupMum
Old 07-31-2008, 01:33 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ro's story was funnier

LOL
< leaves

D