Notices

Whiners Anonymous ....Part 10

Old 07-28-2008, 07:08 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Yeah.....what Ann said.....and don't forget the bank drive up windows....12 windows (ok, maybe 4) and only 2 are open at the most...sheesh...scum sucking maggots, all of them...oh yeah, and my brain still hurts!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:27 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

surly...try taking the lime rine off your head.

Love is trying real hard to suck again!!!!!!

why are men soooooooo slow!!!!!! :chatter
Old 07-28-2008, 08:01 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

men arent slow we are just idiots and dont pick up on all the subtle hints you fast moving women folks are giving out !
Old 07-28-2008, 08:01 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

More cashier whines (no offense to anyone who has this profession, just some are rude.)

A) Tonight in the dollar store my cashier was all huffy because I made her get off her stool and stop eating her dinner (at the register!) to wait on me. Never made eye contact and had a private conversation with a co-worker the whole time she checked me out. When I left I said, "Well, nice talkin' to ya!" - she didn't get my sarcasm, no response.

B) In one of the home supply stores I needed top soil. Couldn't get anyone in the garden section to acknowledge me. (Oh, they saw me...) Finally knocked on the window of the little cubicle one lady was in & she had to stop texting her friends to wait on me. Gave me a really mean look & reluctantly came out to help me.

C) In grocery store cashier spent 10 mins. telling me how much she hated her job & how much management at the store sucked.

Remember when people acted happy to see their customers? OK, it was probably fake, insincere happiness, but still.....
Old 07-28-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Didn't mean to step on your whine, Nanda - it's so much worthier!!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:17 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Frosty thinks I'm subtle!!!!! I guess that's fake it till you make it in action huh!

Hevyln - at least your whine is somewhat original!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Oddly enough I had no whine for today. Just really feeling wonderful and had a decent day. Made it to the last of my medical checkups for Soc Security Admin so now I'm just waiting and doing anything I can to make some money.

Another non-whine is that my second daughter, bless her heart, went with me to this 35 miles away appt. I am terrified to drive on highways and in strange cities, well, any large city. Her presence is wonderful cause she navigates while I concentrate on driving in the city/highway traffic. How sweet of her to help me that way.

So God must have told me to find the good cause I found a lot of good in this day.

:ghug

Sorry to not have any whines. You can all help me out by donating one of your whines. "Pre Owned" whines are alright as long as they're in good shape.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:23 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Least!!!!!!! we are going to have to bann you from this thread along with Dee!!!!!

(just kidding, glad you're doing well)

Can't you just pretend to be grumpy? Fake it till you make it sorta thing!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:32 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

I have this wonderful idea of reusing (almost) everything I can't recycle. As a result there is stuff everywhere. I empty resuable shopping bags on table and everything is jumbled along with cardboard boxes I am saving for seedlings. And it has taken me ten minutes to find dog treat bag on table. Why can't I just give it up and put it all in the rubbish. And in the next 30 min I have to feed 2 dogs separately (1 with medication) while not letting third dog near either of them. Then I have to take dog 3 out of house without other dogs coming with me. So can go to dog training (which ALL dogs desperately need) outside in what is supposedly the storm of the year.
And just realised I sound like a hoarder...one of those nutty women who has hundreds of old newspapers along with her 50 cats.
Blah!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:15 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

my whine????????

I leave for a few days and a whole new whine thread gets started?? Quit trying to hide from me.

(peek)
Old 07-29-2008, 02:30 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

nands
surly...try taking the lime rine off your head.
your killing me nands...
Old 07-29-2008, 02:33 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Old 07-29-2008, 03:55 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

My pups brought in a bloody bone and played with it on my white duvet while I was in the shower.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:53 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Wait a minute! Wait a darned minute! Did I take a wrong turn and wind up in the Gratitude Thread by mistake?!?
It seems to me I detected a couple of "up-beat" posts here...
I didn't think I had anything to whine about...then I read the latest threads, and some folks are actually counting their blessings! What's up with that!?!

Only kidding...if we couldn't find some "shine among the whine", we'd be in really bad shape, wouldn't we?

I'm not going to add a Tuesday Whine yet...but, it's still early in the day.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:10 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

mmmmph....
Old 07-29-2008, 09:12 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Come on Frosty....just belt it out!!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:27 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
cmc

Originally Posted by Jersey Nonny View Post
Wait a minute! Wait a darned minute! Did I take a wrong turn and wind up in the Gratitude Thread by mistake?!?
It seems to me I detected a couple of "up-beat" posts here...
I didn't think I had anything to whine about...then I read the latest threads, and some folks are actually counting their blessings! What's up with that!?!

Only kidding...if we couldn't find some "shine among the whine", we'd be in really bad shape, wouldn't we?

I'm not going to add a Tuesday Whine yet...but, it's still early in the day.
Nonny, I've noticed that very same thing around here, but it's progress not perfection.

I have a little whine today.
I have yardwork to do and it's 92 degrees out there.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:49 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
let it grow!

my job interview for this afternoon got cancelled, so i'm all dressed up with no place to go!

Old 07-29-2008, 10:29 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

my whine is with: mothers who keep saying, louder and louder, as if that makes any difference - "just GET A JOB!!!" And act like not finding work means I'm not looking!!

Charities that chastize me for not asking for help sooner... but they can't help me now.

Government agencies that are so slow you are destitute and homeless before you can get help for your disability.

Sisters 500 miles away who keep telling me to "just do this" and it will be ok... when they have no clue.

People who mean well but tell me that if I'm out of work the first thing I should give up is my dogs!!!

Family members who yell at me that my shrink should not tell me to apply for disability unless they're going to pay my expenses until it's approved!!!

I tried to mow my back yard this morning but it left me so exhausted and in pain that I could only finish half of it.

... and every other bit of bullsh!t from well meaning but clueless people.

This has been an awful day and it's not even half over!! Does this make up for my previous "upbeat" non whine? I knew one would come along if I got up this morning. I'm trying to keep a good attitude but ice cold showers put a damper on that and I'm tired of being cheerful in the face of disaster.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Gee, Parentrecovers...quitcherbellyachin! That's the story of my life, every day!

Just before lunch, two social workers and the assistant administrator came in to talk to my roommate. They presented her with a bill and told her, if her grandson power of attorney doesn't get things straightened out with Medicaid, they will be turning it over to collections!

She's been here over six months...and, he hasn't gotten things worked out yet!?! Imagine dumping that kind of news on an 81 year old who's on Ativan (among other meds) because she's already a nervous wreck...now, she has visions of being "put out".

I feel like I'm in a low-budget remake of
"One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest."

Maybe not so low-budget at about $275/day per resident.