Old 07-31-2008, 02:13 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

come on hevlyn!!!!!!

whimpy whines are the best...they make me feel at home
Old 07-31-2008, 02:41 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
cmc

Thanks for the kind thoughts & prayers
The new and improved whine is:....her appointment was changed to Mon. afternoon.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:43 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Well ok, then......All the years I worked I fantasized about the day when I'd be able to stay home. Now I just feel weird. The road we live on has been stopped in time. We just moved into a house built in '57. As I waved goodbye to my husband from the carport I thought - I feel like a 1950's housewife! Here I am at home with the kids (well, fur kids.) All I need are some frilly aprons & high heels so I can do the vacuuming in style. Well, I better go starch some shirts, bake a pie or something.....
Old 07-31-2008, 02:53 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
let it grow!

bravo! excellent whine, hevyn! keep comin' back! it works if you whine it!
Old 07-31-2008, 03:13 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Administrator

Joanie Cleaver ?

D
Old 07-31-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Administrator

wait, wait, I got another one...Joanie Cunningham

Old 07-31-2008, 03:59 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Joanie Reed?
Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dee how on earth do you know about the Cleavers? Next you'll be mentioning Father Knows Best or Ozzie & Harriet. Hey Jersey, you actually were a 50's housewife, right? (Or am I a decade off?) I feel so much better for having whined about this.....
Old 07-31-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Administrator

I watched a lot of TV to get where I am Joanie

D
Old 07-31-2008, 06:24 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I've heard Febreze takes out ammonia..

(you can zap it if you want Ann)
Old 07-31-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

nonny, in case you missed this on your Hiatus!

Whiners Anonymous Help (WAH!)

Do you whine, complain, or snivel? Are you a grumpy old fart?
Do you seek out others in taverns or internet chat rooms to whine about things?
Do people ever tell you to "like it or lump it"?
Are you asked, "What are you crying about?"
Do friends or family seem less likely to talk to you as the years go by?
Do you constantly tell other people they whine too much?

If you do any of these things, you may be in need of the WAH! 12 step program.
Whining is for tiny tots! Do you want to die a lonely old man/woman and whine about the prospect?
Stop whining now!

W.A. Disclaimer
The WAH! 12 Step Program:

1. Admit you whine.

Just say, "I am a whiner."

2. Admit your whining is a problem.

It's not enough to know you whine--you have to realize it interferes with your life. Tell yourself, your spouse, and a friend that you have a problem with whining, that all you have ever done is whine. But don't whine to God! He already knows, all too well. God just sat back while you whined away the years. It's not His fault, after all, so don't go whining to Him with your problem.

3. Seek help to cure your whining.

Whining is but one of your many shortcomings, since you are a miserable excuse for a human being. Another shortcoming is you can't do anything for yourself, otherwise you would not whine. Go whine to somebody to help you--that's all you know how to do, remember?

4. Laugh at your whine.

Made a decision to turn your constant whining over to your sense of humor and learn to "lovingly and wholeheartedly" laugh at yourself each time you whine. Be prepared to be given the nickname "Loony Tunes," however.

5. Step out of your shoes.

Put your whine in perspective. There's a woman in Africa living in a mud hut with a grass roof and NO indoor plumbing. She lives off of $27 a year. She is totally blind and collects sticks for firewood, hoping the next stick isn't a snake. Now, what was your whine again?

6. Eat something nasty.

Eat some vegetable you hate without whining about the taste. And don't hold your nose or cover it with cheese!

7. Listen to other whiners.

Get a part job in a complaint department and listen to other peoples' whines 8 hours a day. But don't complain about your job! If you do, go back to step 3. Go a whole week listening to your wife/husband complain and just say "yes dear." If you can't, go back to step 2. Have kids and listen to them whine--that's how you sound to others. Pay back time! What goes around, comes around!

8. Make a victim list.

Make of list of all persons you thought you had harmed and hope to hell that they'd forgotten all the minuscule crap you'd blown out of proportion. Ask them if you ever whined, and then be prepared to take the return whine.

9. Beat the crap out of your parents.

After all, they raised a whiner. Yes, you started early, but it is not your fault!

10. Beware of falling off the wagon.

Resign yourself to the fact you are going to whine each time you try to stick to your guns when you know you are right. Once a whiner, always a whiner, they say. So either just admit your are wrong or go back to step 1. Cripes, you mean you really want to go back to step 1 after getting to step 10?

11. Whine to your dog.

They love you no matter how much you whine. It's called unconditional love. Unless of course they sense your foul mood. Disguise your whine by mixing the words "good dog" in every sentence. They only know so many words--those two they know. Otherwise, your dog would hate you like all the people you know.

12. Help others.

Help some other whiney-assed ******* with his whine problem. You get to whine about their whining. It's great.

so have at it!

whine, snivle, rant, bitch, and rave away!!!

"W.A. Disclaimer"... just be prepared for the feedback!

cmc has the preamble somewhare!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Why don't men mow lawns!!!!!!! It has made my "boyfriend requirement list"

MUST MOW LAWNS...WHEN I WANT IT, THE WAY I WANT IT!!!!!

ok....to dark to finish, will have to do the rest tomarrow during the hotest part of the day...blahhhhhh

Old 07-31-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

ONly p!!sed that the demon voice was screaming at me today and screwed up a portion of the afternoon. But feel better tonite and am grateful that I have my friends to hold me up or love me when I can do neither by myself!

:ghug
Old 08-01-2008, 03:00 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

nands
Why don't men mow lawns!!!!!!!
the lawnmower wont start?

no gas?

too hot?

too wet?

too tired?

love stinks?
Old 08-01-2008, 04:08 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

you forgot:
dont want to
going fishing/hunting...for that matter anything else that would be fun

on the other hand I dont mind getting a little sun while on a ride on
I used to do 5+ acres including fields with a push mower and that sucked when it was hot !!
...so Im a little lazy sometimes
Old 08-01-2008, 05:34 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

men are the masters of rationalization!

how about my answers to another question

I have a headache
It's too hot
I'm tired
wrong time of the month
my mother will be here any minite
we'll wake up the kids

So whine on that for a while

OK my real whine....why are there only 24 hours in a day...and most of them are hot?
Old 08-01-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just really sick of myself today. SHould feel great about 19 days sober but don't feel great at all, just sick of everything. Feel so depressed this morning I can't stand it. And Im so sick of getting this "phantom" taste and smell of wine!!! Where is this coming from??? Yuck. No energy today and no desire to do anything.

Would like to just go back to bed but it's already too hot to rest comfortably. Sick of having no money and doing without a lot of necessary things. I can do without a lot of "extras" but am so destitute that am doing without things that are crucial.

Tired and sick, sick and tired... Life really sucks today!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
cmc

The Twelve Traditions of Whiner's Anonymous

1. Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon W.A. unity.

2. For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority—the owners, Administrators and Moderators, Greeters and Members of this site as they may express themselves in our group conscience.

3. Our leaders are but trusted servants; but they do govern. The only requirement for W.A. membership is SR membership and a desire to share some whiny ESH.

4. This group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other whiners or W.A. as a whole.

5. Each group has but one primary purpose—to whine about things in a safe environment, have fun, blow off steam and then let it go while moving onward in recovery.

6. A W.A. group ought never endorse, finance, or lend the W.A. name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest those who do not wish to whine or read other people's whines divert us from our primary purpose.

7. Every W.A. group ought to not to be fully self-supporting, and gratefully accept this venue given to us for the purpose of whining.

8. Whiner's Anonymous should remain forever non-professional, but our all of our whiners shall remain as special workers.

9. W.A., as such, ought never be organized; because they need to whine about the ups and downs of their lives.

10. Whiner's Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; because most people on the outside ignore whiners anyway.

11. Our public relations policy is based on whining rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of real life if that is what we choose.

12. Anonymity of screen names is optional for those who choose to use real names ever reminding us to place principles before personalities and respect those from other fellowships. What we whine about here stays forever on the internet.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Well, Dopey Ol' Me!

And, here I thought this was a place where whining was not only accepted, but encouraged...where we could whine our a$$es off, and no one would think the worst of us!

Whining is for tiny tots! Do you want to die a lonely old man/woman and whine about the prospect?
Stop whining now!
No, Rusty...I don't believe I ever saw your 12 Steps of WA. Or, maybe I did, and was discouraged from adding my two cents and being labeled a Whiner, heaven forbid!

Thank goodness, I came back and saw CMC's 12 Traditions post...or I would have forever remained Grumpy and kept my whines to my Whiney Old Self.

Whew! A Whiner could explode with all that pent up whining! Thanks CMC!

Old 08-01-2008, 09:17 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'd like to see the promises. ha!